Toribash
Original Post
Looking for a sexy laptop
I recently got accepted in a College and I need a laptop for programming stuff, play a few games such as League of Legends and Diablo 3 and I also need room to save all my work from my studies.
So I started looking for a decent laptop with at least a dedicated graphics card and I found this model:

HP Pavilion Energy Star 14-n050br
Intel® Core™ i7-4500U (1,8 GHz, up to 3.0 with turbo boost, 4 MB cache(4ª Gen)
8GB SDRAM DDR3L 1600Mhz
SATA 1 TB, 5400 rpm
AMD Radeon HD 8670M

Is this graphics card good enough to run LoL, D3, etc?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The best way to keep yourself motivated is to learn how to hate your life to the point where you want to get revenge on existence itself.
My GeForce graphics card has 256 MB. I runs LoL really well on max quality... so that should tell you something. I also ahve 8GB of RAM.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
XPS and Alienware laptops are pretty nice. Alienware is more on the gaming side.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
The GPU is terrible, even the horrible Intel ones will outperform it. It'd be fine for watching videos & playing Farmville, and that's about it.

You'd honestly do better with an Intel GPU than that.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/lap...play-2013.aspx

^This is the highest end laptop out there. Most macs can run and work faster than any windows pc in my opinion. I use windows for gaming and modding.

So, XPS, Alienware, and MACbook pro are my favorites to use. I recomend getting a mac above all. Beware, fames are not easy to use on a mac. They work wonders with games, but you have to find a way to make it work.
Last edited by Link; Apr 3, 2014 at 04:34 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Here's what I suggest:

1. Ignore everything Link posts, he talks so much shit.

2. Looking at the league and D3 system reqirements, you should aim for at lest a dual core 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, a gtx260/hd4870 or better. The laptop you posted is above all these requirements.

3. BUT - the laptop you posted is VERY unbalanced. The CPU is much better than the GPU. As Skul said, the GPU is barely scraping through, whilst the CPU is extremely powerful. I would say the price would reflect this. So I suggest posting what your budget is, and then we can look for more balanced systems that fit your budget and requirements.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Here's what I suggest:

1. Ignore everything Link posts, he talks so much shit.

2. Looking at the league and D3 system reqirements, you should aim for at lest a dual core 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, a gtx260/hd4870 or better. The laptop you posted is above all these requirements.

3. BUT - the laptop you posted is VERY unbalanced. The CPU is much better than the GPU. As Skul said, the GPU is barely scraping through, whilst the CPU is extremely powerful. I would say the price would reflect this. So I suggest posting what your budget is, and then we can look for more balanced systems that fit your budget and requirements.

^^^^^

this man knows exactly what he's talking about, skulfuk as well

take a look at the cyberpowerpc and ibuypower websites, they have decent builds for laptops and a lot of their stuff is nicer than this alienware/macbook junk these guys are spouting about.

i'd personally look for any asus model and post some different models so we can look through them, but really it's up to you.

do a bit of research of parts and understand what works and what doesn't, and you'll find yourself a lot better off and feel more at ease buying a pc/laptop
You guys are forgetting that he wants a "sexy" laptop as well.
I don't know a lot about specs but you can always spice up your laptop like this:

Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
AlphasoniK, that's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks mate.

Back on topic, It's hard to stipulate a budget since I live in Brazil and everything here is overpriced. Also gaming laptop brands such as Alienware are impossible to acquire here.
That HP laptop I mentioned is for sale here for about 2900 Reais, which is about 1270 USD.

What about this one:

(4ª Gen) i5-4200U (1.6GHz, 3Mb Cache)
8GB, Dual Channel DDR3, 1600MHz (2x4Gb)
1TB, SATA (5400 RPM)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M 2GB

Thanks for all replies guys, that helps me a lot
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The best way to keep yourself motivated is to learn how to hate your life to the point where you want to get revenge on existence itself.
GPU is better; still not what i'd call great, but certainly a lot better than the Radeon.

The CPU has taken a hit in the process however. i5's are still pretty good, the i7 would eat it on general processing tasks, but the i5 machine would have better graphical performance.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you