people playing: 142, servers online: 39, games played: 131,654,329 Top Player: SemiHampa

  Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 27, 2016   #1
Veoo
Senior Member
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,251
Clan: Electric



In All Actuality-- Why are we alive?
I know people ask this a lot but I wanna expand upon the idea on impermanence and what you think of it--

So, you ask someone out, or you win a baseball game or some shit. You're happy as hell. But why the fuck does it matter at all? Everything is going to disappear, you will never touch the universe at all, stars will die and come into existence no matter what. By the time earth is gone no matter how much you touched peoples lives you won't be remembered, no one will be there to remember you. That short period that humanity will exist in will be infinitely dwarfed by the never ending time line of the universe. No matter how much science we discover or technology we create, it doesn't actually change anything. The science was happening even if we didn't know how or where, and advances everywhere won't spand past 1-2 billion year which is a blink of an eye in the the infinity that is time. So why do we live on if all to disappear? Why do we care? This question seems to often be shunned as depressing or stupid, but what is your answer?
im going to be inactive for a while, Im very sick
Veoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016   #2
Moataz
Senior Member
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 890



(Please don't delete this or critisize this because its just a religious opinion,Thank you)God is testing us and putted us on earth to know if we are going to make bad things or good things, And that when we die he will ask us about what we did in our entire lifetime(From good things or bad things) and therefore he will make you go to heaven or to go to hell(because of what you did from good or bad in the days you were living). and because adam ate an apple from the forbidden tree which led him to go to earth because he disobeyed god(after being in heaven). God Didn't make anything meaningless, he created to everything a meaning(like he didn't leave it blank so it becomes meaningless). Thats just my opinion and correct me if i was wrong about something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1 of the Shittiest Shitposters of tp 2016

Last edited by Moataz; May 27, 2016 at 03:55 AM..
Moataz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016   #3
+Bodhisattva
Super Moderator
 
Paul Morphy Belt
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,655
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by Moataz View Post
(Please don't delete this or critisize this because its just a religious opinion,Thank you)God is testing us and putted us on earth to know if we are going to make bad things or good things, And that when we die he will ask us about what we did in our entire lifetime(From good things or bad things) and therefore he will make you go to heaven or to go to hell(because of what you did from good or bad in the days you were living). and because adam ate an apple from the forbidden tree which led him to go to earth because he disobeyed god(after being in heaven). God Didn't make anything meaningless, he created to everything a meaning(like he didn't leave it blank so it becomes meaningless). Thats just my opinion and correct me if i was wrong about something.

What religion do you follow? Because if you're a Christian, then yes, we have some correcting to do in terms of why you think God made you and what determines if you go to heaven or hell.
It [chess] is eminently and emphatically the philosopher's game ~Paul Morphy

Need Help? PM Me!
Bodhisattva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016   #4
Pimp
smh
 
Casanegra Belt
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,165



Originally Posted by Moataz View Post
and because adam ate an apple from the forbidden tree which led him to go to earth because he disobeyed god(after being in heaven).

Pretty sure adam was always on earth. God didn't condem him to earth after he ate the apple (which wouldn't make sense) after he ate the apple there were a lot of consequences but being teleported over to earth wasn't one.
Maybe we read different stories?

Musty Pussy Maggot Bitches Trynna Lick My Sack For Riches
Mhm, yeah yeah,
uh huh uh huh
Pimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016   #5
GnilRettemHC
Member
 
White Belt
Join Date: Jan 2016



Welcome to nihilism.
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
Pretty sure adam was always on earth. God didn't condem him to earth after he ate the apple (which wouldn't make sense) after he ate the apple there were a lot of consequences but being teleported over to earth wasn't one.
Maybe we read different stories?

Indeed, afaik God created Earth and all animal (including snaek) -> God created man -> God created Eden in the east -> God put man in Eden -> created woman from man -> snake tells woman fruit will give knowledge -> woman eats fruit -> woman gives fruit to man -> man eats fruit -> the pair are expelled eastwards of Eden

It's not really possible to interpret "eastward" as "off in space to the east" because the original text uses a word that very specifically means direction. It's certainly not something I've heard before.


The more obvious thing that Moataz says which contradicts modern Christianity is the sentiment that God will judge you and send you to heaven or hell. I'm not sure which if any sects believe that, but it's not popular as far as I know. Various readings come to different conclusions (and then there are the catholics who write their own material), but the pre-Christianity sentiment that an Anubis-like entity would ultimately judge a person is no longer popular. Usually sects go with "God loves everyone and wants everyone to go to heaven thus everyone goes to heaven" or "As per John only believes go to heaven" or "As per John evil people will not go to heaven" or "No one gets to go to heaven until judgment day "
GnilRettemHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016   #6
Gambi321
Member
 
9th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 389



Originally Posted by Moataz View Post
(Please don't delete this or critisize this because its just a religious opinion,Thank you)God is testing us and putted us on earth to know if we are going to make bad things or good things, And that when we die he will ask us about what we did in our entire lifetime(From good things or bad things) and therefore he will make you go to heaven or to go to hell(because of what you did from good or bad in the days you were living). and because adam ate an apple from the forbidden tree which led him to go to earth because he disobeyed god(after being in heaven). God Didn't make anything meaningless, he created to everything a meaning(like he didn't leave it blank so it becomes meaningless). Thats just my opinion and correct me if i was wrong about something.

I'm going to critisize this. Not because I'm an atheist and this is a religious point, but because I don't see a meaning of life in your religious oppinion either.
You say that god created everything with a meaning. But what meaning could this be? Isn't christianity basically about infinite life (Temporary life on earth + eternal life in heaven/hell)?
So even if you say the meaning of our impermanent life is the testing wether we go to heaven or hell, it is still just a cheap way to dodge the original question. The meaning of this life is the test then. Ok, so what now? We got the eternal life after that, which is absolutly meaningless.


(I didn't read the bible and I was sleeping most of the time we were talking about religions in ethics at school, so I might be wrong at some religious points.)

I was thinking about conciousness for quite a while now and I came to the conclusion that we don't need that. Alone this fact makes life even more meaningless than it is already.

Basically, discussions about the meaning of life lead to one conclusion most of the time: It is meaningless philosophically.

Last edited by Gambi321; May 27, 2016 at 09:34 PM..
Gambi321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2016   #7
DDos
NON-EXISTING!
 
SUPER ULTRA MEMELORD Belt
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 256
Clan: Elite



This is an odd theory and slightly off topic but, Maybe there isn't one god but many, Allah, The Christian God, Etc, maybe they we're competing to see who could build / create the best and most productive society with low crime rates, Morality, etc, maybe our purpose is to continue the everlasting cycle by building a race that transcends us and so on and so forth, maybe the gods were trying to create something "perfect" and yet, our imperfection is perfection to them, maybe we wont last forever, but our history might. I'd say it would be possible to "Dimension Hop" whenever we need it, considering the fact that the multiverse might exist, simply living as intelligent parasites. Maybe in possibility we could create a machine that is currently out of our grasps of comprehension in which we "create" universes and live there, I'd have more to say, but im lazy. For now, i'll tell ya what I like to do, Sit back, watch the society I was born in grow, and not give a damn about anything.
So, just chill dude, It'll all be fine. Whether our existence was a mistake or intentional, find some friends dude (Not saying you dont have any), Quantum Physiology would be something neat to look at, I like it. and enjoy your existence.

With love,
~Woeb
DDos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016   #8
ynvaser
Forumite
 
7th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,473
Clan: Relax All



I disagree on the "humanity will disappear" part. We have the means, right now, to go and colonize one of the "new Earth" candidate planets, although it would require global cooperation.
Other than that, we are a product of entropy. Have fun, make kids, die old.
ynvaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016   #9
Veoo
Senior Member
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,251
Clan: Electric



Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
I disagree on the "humanity will disappear" part. We have the means, right now, to go and colonize one of the "new Earth" candidate planets, although it would require global cooperation.
Other than that, we are a product of entropy. Have fun, make kids, die old.

Humanity will definitely not last for all time

definitely.


And if it doesn't continue for infinity its time in existence with become infinitely short
im going to be inactive for a while, Im very sick

Last edited by Veoo; May 27, 2016 at 06:35 PM..
Veoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016   #10
WeooWeoo
Family Dog Beater
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,390
Clan: Frost



These threads don't usually last long. Since Zelda dislikes these things. But anyways...

Ah, you sound like a friend of mine that literally finds the worst in everything that happens. Anyways, it's called personal gain. Sounds like a dick move, but i mean, do what makes you happy. We're here for no reason imo. So why the hell not make the best of it?

We aren't going to disapear. If there was a world war or something, humanity would still survive. Just saying. The main thing that will make us disapear, is the Sun. It's life expectancy is set to end in 5.6 billion years. So why wouldn't we just do what we can?
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
I disagree on the "humanity will disappear" part. We have the means, right now, to go and colonize one of the "new Earth" candidate planets, although it would require global cooperation.
Other than that, we are a product of entropy. Have fun, make kids, die old.

Yes this is nice and all, but these earth lookalikes are very far away. People don't even believe we've been to the moon still. Which we may haven't yet. But regardless, this probably won't happen, no where close in our life time.
"Let me keep you here for an hour, okay pick a number" - Pouffy
"Weoo is correct unfortunately." -Icky
WeooWeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:44 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game