Support Board's Rules
Read this carefully before acting in the Support Board !
You shall read this document before doing anything in the Support Board.
A - Posting a new thread
First of all, before posting, try looking for a solution:
- Use google (searching "<my_problem> toribash" is super effective!) or the forum search if you have toriprime
- Read the FAQ
- Check out similar threads, especially on the first page of the board
After that, make sure that the Support Board is the appropriated board for your thread. There are a few boards where questions may go:
Support Board: This is here to directly deal with problems, bugs in how Toribash runs. In simple terms technical faults, if something isn't working properly check the FAQs, search the problem then post here.
Beginner's Sanctuary: This is here to solve problems you might be experiencing in game play, or any general questions you have regarding Toribash or the forums. For example questions like "How to get an image in my signature" should go there.
Rapid Threads: If your questions don't fit into either of the previously mentioned boards then RT might be the place for it. Read rapid threads' board rules to make sure first.
Computer Chat: Support board handles problems that directly involve Toribash. General hardware/software computer faults should be directed to the Computer Chat board.
Scam Reports: All reports that involve TC or items should go to Scam Reports (even if it's not precisely a scam). It is the Market Squads job to handle scams, posting here will only delay your response. Remember when reporting a scam, use the correct report format and provide evidence.
General Reports: Ingame reports for things such as insulting or racism go to general reports. You will be required to provide screenshot evidence for your claims.
- DO NOT POST ANYTHING NOT RELATED TO THE FORUM AND/OR THE GAME IN SUPPORT -
To make sure the forum stays clean, the staff doesn't get angry and your problem is solved quickly - follow these rules when maing a thread:
- Don't bump old threads about similiar problems - make a new one
- Post with a descriptive topic title (absolutely no naming threads "help", we can tell you need help since you're posting in support board)
- Explain your problem as precisely as you can
- Provide us useful informations retaining to your problem (e.g. what solutions did you try, did they help)
B - Posting a new post
Let's start with the basics. Before trying to help and posting something, begin by asking yourself these questions :
- Am I not bumping (refreshing) an old thread? If it is older than two weeks then don't post unless you have a VERY good reason.
- Is my post really useful? Is it going to help?
- Am I backseat moderating? If so, I shall not post.
- Isn't it a spam/one word post? Am I providing a solution rather than uselessly commenting?
This should be common sense though, since you obviously need to follow the General Rules of the Forum
Don't post in someone's thread if you contribute nothing to the thread. If you have the same problem, consider if your post will be useful.
- In other words, don't post if you aren't helpful. We don't need useless posts here. This is the last place you should be trying to grind postcount. -
C - The Charter
The Charter regroups everything that was mentionned previously. Read it even if you read the first & second part.
In the Support Board:
Post topics with DESCRIPTIVE TITLES
Post only USEFUL AND HELPFUL POSTS
Post THREADS RELATED TO TORIBASH, AND NOTHING ELSE
READ THE FAQ, AND USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD
DO NOT GO OFFTOPIC IN A THREAD
DO NOT POST THREADS ABOUT THE BUGS MENTIONED IN THE FAQ. If the bug is potentially harmful, CONTACT ADMIN INSTEAD OF POSTING A THREAD ABOUT IT.
Always FOLLOW THE TORIBASH GLOBAL RULES
You are allowed to post threads in other languages here if you are bad with English. Obviously it will make most of community unable to help you, though your natives may provide some support. Try to use English whenever possible.
If you fail to follow the rules, you will first be warned (unless the rule breaking is severe) and then infracted whenever you break the rules. Please keep this board a tidy, helpful place.
D - Finishing words
If you notice an answer which is against the rules (Backseat moderation, useless post...), you shall not reply to the author of said post, just use the Report button.
A staff member will take care of him as soon as possible.
Solved threads and problems will be marked with a "[Solved]" in front of the thread title. It will be better for you, since you know you will find the solution in this specific thread. The tag in front of title means the solution is inside and can be potentially used to fix similiar issues.
Bug reports that require dev attention will be marked by a moderator with "[BUGREPORT]" in front of the thread title. Please don't use this tag yourself when creating a thread. Leave it to moderators. If the bug is potentially harmful, it might be unwise to publicly post about it - in this case contact admins instead.
Remember that staff is here to help. You can see the list of staff members by following the link.
Updated on 12th July 2015