This thread's purpose is to gather more thoughts on Matchmaking and how it should work.
Toribash development team is currently focused on making the Matchmaking system work as you would expect a proper matchmaking to, and we would like to make sure our current plans fit community's desires and views on it. Any thoughts and new ideas are welcome and will be considered.
What is currently planned to be implemented:
- Ranked - a "first to 3" duel
- No mod choice - players get to fight in randomly selected mods (mod changes each fight).
Draft mod list: aikidobigdojo.tbm, taekkyon.tbm, lenshu3ng.tbm (or rk-mma.tbm), judofrac.tbm
- Brown belt restriction
- Seasonal rank resets (3 months for season length)
- No daily rank 1 reward. Instead, weekly rewards for top n players or one-time reward at the end of the season.
- Matchmaking being the only way to rank up.
- Unranked - a "first to 2" duel
- Pick the mod group to play
- No belt restriction
We also plan to disable daily rank 1 rewards for now as it has turned into "farm rank without getting caught" fest.
It doesn't mean that everybody with top ranks farmed their way up, but Event Squad members have to deal with rank-related reports on almost a daily basis. We may still reward top players in some way.
Originally Posted by sir
Matchmaking mods have been changed, mod list now consists of "classic" mods.
Grappling: aikido.tbm, aikidobigdojo.tbm, greykido.tbm
Kicking: taekkyon.tbm, erthtkv2.tbm, kickbox.tbm
Striking: lenshu3ng.tbm, rk-mma.tbm, wushu3box.tbm