people playing: 99, servers online: 28, games played: 131,638,122 Top Player: SemiHampa

Toribash Community » elerk » Tori Legends
Register FAQ Community

Old Nov 2, 2014   #1
8OJ4N
Mr. Montenegro

Master Belt
Clan: fl0w

Through RIFT and beyond

Rift comic is returning to shelves!
It was abandoned project for far too long and now it’s time to get back in the saddle.

For those who don’t know Rift is a graphic novel set in the imaginary world called ToriWorld. Characters that were in the story were picked from the generation of Toribash players that were known in the community in some way, be if by their individual popularity or as members of clans that were popular at that time.

Story of Rift follows a coming of a mysterious being called Visitor as he proclaims that planet Toria will be invaded for the second time by race of bionic creatures called Volians. In his quest to get to the Core Embryo chamber for purpose unknown invasion starts... Why are Volians attacking Toria for the second time after so many years of peace and why Visitor need to get to the Core Embryo, the most powerful ‘substance’ in the Universe? Those are the questions that will be answered as the Rift story progress.

In the meantime, various players are trying to either stop the Volians, help Visitor in his quest or side with the invasion force. In past I was putting characters just to follow the story that was already written, as simple actors that are playing in the movie. But, this time I’ll do something different.

This time story will be interactive one, where various situations will depend on the players input, either through many mini-events or simply taking parts in duels. As always, you can sign in to be in the Rift. Only thing I need is a screen-shot of the front and back of your tori (if you have full set) or just a screen-shot of the front and back of your head texture, together with short text that is explaining your character and some back-story about you in the ToriWorld setting.

Also, every week there will be streams on Twich whenever I will work on the graphic novel which I will announce either in this thread or in the Entertainment thread on the forum.

You can also ask questions and give comments about the comic here.

That is all for now.
8OJ4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2014   #2
Skylar
ub3r

5th Dan Black Belt

Good to see you're starting up this again, especially with all of the interactivity. How long do you think/ want the project to be?
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Skylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2014   #3
ShawShank
I became insane...

Master Belt
Clan: Parrot

You beautiful human. Seriously cannot wait for this to start cranking out.

Will any player be able to send in the pictures and information?
ShawShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2014   #4
Karstnator
ub3r

10th Dan Black Belt

Hi bojan, I love your art style its so unique.

I'll send you a screenie of my sexy tori soon... :^D
Karstnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2014   #5
8OJ4N
Mr. Montenegro

Master Belt

I hope to do at least first episode when the fortress will fall, and two groups of players will form party. One with the Vistitor looking for Core Embryo and another making a resistance against invading forces.

Any player can send images and apply with story. Depending of the look of the textures he has and the quality of the story (how good it correlates with the idea of the ToriWorld) he will be in...
Old Nov 2, 2014   #6
B4CKST4B
Forumite

2nd Dan Black Belt

I'd just like to ask, should the signing-up be here on this thread or by PM'ing you?
Heart of Gold
B4CKST4B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2014   #7
8OJ4N
Mr. Montenegro

Master Belt

In this thread. My PMs are... Messy. XD
Old Nov 2, 2014   #8
ManlyPotato
Baby Poster

4th Dan Black Belt

Shame this thing keeps dying, hope you have better luck this time around man. Hope you get tonnes of applications
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
ManlyPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2014   #9
B4CKST4B
Forumite

2nd Dan Black Belt

Spoiler: My Tori 

So, yeah, I think I wanna be one of the players with The Visitor looking for Core Embryo

EDIT: I'm gonna add a backstory to my character in a while, probably in a new post (if ever i'm gonna get in the story)
Heart of Gold

Last edited by B4CKST4B; Nov 3, 2014 at 04:03 AM..
B4CKST4B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2014   #10
ShawShank
I became insane...

Master Belt
Clan: Parrot

Somthing like this?
Tori-Space Explorer, Shawshank:

After returning from a 2 year expedition, Shawshank finds himself amidst the turmoil wrought upon the ToriWorld. A second invasion on Toria, by the dreaded Volians.

Lacking the skills to fight off the Volian invaders, he offers his services to The Visitor. Hoping to help find The Core Embryo, and with doing so discover the Visitors motives and true plan…

Spoiler: Front 

Spoiler: Sides 

Spoiler: Back 

Sorta rushed, but something like this?

Also, do I have to be able to upload the head to make a usable entry? I own a rather enjoyable texture by Reeker, I just have lost the flat, and wouldn't imagine it be too hard for me to write a back story.

Last edited by ShawShank; Nov 2, 2014 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Few Errors.
ShawShank is offline   Reply With Quote