CLAN RULES & GUIDELINES Current Clan Admin: Fear
Current Clan Managers: Rai
Current Clan Squad: flxy, Reta, SmallBowl, Mercurit, Seth, Gargon
General Clan Related Rules:
- Any clan that is made without having the prerequisites that are specified further down in the post (7 days after you receive a warning on your DSC) will have their DSC closed & the poster will be infracted.
- Your own clan rules need to obey the forum rules, rules that promote racism, sexism, pornography or go against any other forum rules will be removed.
- Minimum number of total members a clan must have is 10 (applies to official clans and clans in the application process). If you have more & declare any as inactive we will ignore them when checking your clan's activity, provided it doesn't drop below 10 (e.g: 20 members, 5 declared inactive = judged as a 15 man clan). Declare your members inactive by making an "inactive" rank in your ToriClan page. For help with this contact a Clan Manager.
- Behave and be civil. Respect the authority of whoever is in a position of power in other clans, invades after warnings are prohibited.
- Hand-me-down clans are not allowed. This includes the buying or selling of clan boards/positions of any kind, membership fees and/or any clan with a conditional joining clause tied to any form of donation or service.
- Your clan name/tag must not break any forum rules and any clans made for the sole purpose of trolling/being offensive can be removed at a moderator's discretion without refund. This includes but is not limited to clan tags and names. By extension, joke/meme clans may be closed at moderator discretion.
- Any clan tag/name change will cost 10,000 toricredits for unofficial clans and 100,000 toricredits for official clans. (Note: Clan tags cannot contain symbols e.g: !, ", £, $, %, ^, &, *). Case changes per character cost 1000 per character (10000 for official clans) to clan management (Rai) or the clan admin (Fear).
- If your clans unofficial and is recruiting you must take applications in the Recruitment Center. (It is not a requirement that you make a thread if you are not recruiting and you can close applications as you see fit). Official clans can recruit within their clan board.
- All contents of your clan bank do not belong to any one member of the clan; they belong to the clan itself. Clan bank TC or items are not for personal use. Any donations to the clan back should be accompanied by a statement which specifies what the donation is to be used for or count towards. All those responsible for the clan bank should document their use in order to have their backs covered should any disputes arise. The burden of proof is on the owner(s) of the bank should there be a dispute.
- Attempting to avoid ToriClan, Management or any other mandatory fees will be punished severely. If you like having access to clans don't try to cheat the system.
Clan Creation and Progression.Starting up a new clan.
Part 1: Creating the thread:
To create an unofficial clan you must create a thread in Clan Discussion. The title must be formatted as follows: (Clan Tag) Clan Name. Try to keep your tag short and keep in mind that if an official clan already has your name or your tag you'll be asked to change it. A complete first post has:
PLEASE NOTE: Every clan's first post must be fully complete within 7 days.
- A clan story or description.
- Aims, goals, or inner-clan guidelines
- If you have a clan bank you must state all users that have access to the account as well as the account's name. If you don't have a bank then you may ignore this rule.
Failure to complete the first post with what is required above may result in infraction and/or closing of said thread.
Any other parts of your post are optional, but keep in mind that how you present yourself will affect how you are judged. Good clan DSCs do more than just the minimum and present the clan in a clear and concise fashion.
Part 2: Setting up your ToriClan page:
If your new clans details are already taken by an unofficial clan, and that clan is considered dead (see 'Activity Checks, Dead Clans & Revival section), contact a member of clan management to have the name freed up.
This is an absolute essential if you want to be able to use any of the functions that having a clan comes with (making ranks, warring, etc). To do this you must have the following:
- 25,000 toricredits.
- 5 members.
- A thread in Clan Discussion.
With this TC, you go here and register your clan name, tag, forum thread and leader (Note: If you don't have a ToriClan page and another clan with your tag/name does - they will keep it and you will have to change yours. Register your ToriClan page to reserve your credentials!). With both parts done you have a complete and functioning unofficial clan. Now you have everything but your own board and can take advantage of all the perks that come with being part of a clan. Note: Some clan functions (like warring) will not work if you have less than five members as you will be considered "inactive" To avoid this, please stay on or above 5 members at all times.
Applying to become official.
If you believe you're ready to take the next step with your clan then you need the following:
- 10 active members.
- 50,000 toricredits to make your application.
- An unofficial clan that is at least five weeks old.
If you have these things and are ready to face the Clan Management you may PM the Clan Admin (Fear
) with your application and 50,000 toricredits. Please do realize that the judging process can be quite harsh; we only accept those that are ready to make the next step and have proven that they can handle it in several different areas. That being said...
The application must have the following format:
Once the TC is received your application will be posted for the clan management to discuss (see discussed clans here
). Your clan will be evaluated in multiple areas of criteria over a course of two to four weeks. There is a reason why it should take this long so please be patient. Asking for quotes on how your clan is doing is not allowed though you may ask if voting is done should 4 weeks have passed - there is a possibility that we may need more time to discuss your clan and in this case we will allow for a maximum of 1 more week before you receive your response. If you pass, you'll receive a notification and your board will be made. If you fail you will receive 25,000 toricredits back as a refund - you can re-apply whenever you want though it is strongly advised that you wait a reasonable amount of time before doing so. Multiple failed applications in quick succession are likely to only result in more failures.
Private Boards (Official Clans Only).
To have a private board you must have the following:
- An official clan that is at least 3 months old.
- 150,000 toricredits.
If you have all the prerequisites specified you simply send the toricredits and an application to the Clan Admin, the application is as follows:
Changing your own moderators (Official Clans only)
Official clans may change their internal moderators at any time by sending a request to Clan Management+. When requesting these changes, you may be asked to get the permission of the parties involved, most often the moderators which you are attempting to remove.
Activity Checks, Dead Clans & Revival.
If you wish to change the name of your private board, it will cost 50k per change. If you wish to change the private board's password, it will cost 50k every time after the first change which is free (this will make it so that clans have one free failsafe in-case their private board password is leaked, etc.)
Unofficial clans are not subject to activity checks, however your clan will be considered 'dead' and lose its rights to its current name and tag
if there hasn't been a post
in either your discussion or recruitment threads by a clan member in over a year.
If your clan also has under five individual members (not alts), this deadline is 6 months
Stealth Activity Checks.
At any time it is possible that your clan's activity levels are being monitored, meaning that all posts made in your clan board and all in-game activity is being quantified & measured against the size of your clan. Should you fail to meet the expected levels of activity that a clan of your size should have we will issue you with a warning. This warning is (generally) your first and only warning and automatically registers you for the next cycle of activity checks when they happen. Should you fail the next test your clan will be removed. We do make a courtesy post before we remove your board to allow you to discuss a suitable course of action, such as killing the clan on your own terms, making a new one or attempting to revive the same clan again. Generally warnings are semi-permanent and are not removed unless there is a clear and consistent shift in activity within the clan. Should your clan get two or more warnings & not be removed for whatever reason we will impose harsher expectations in future checks. With the nature of this check assuming that all your members are active we strongly recommend you create an "inactive" rank within your clan's ToriClan page, this way these members will not count towards your clan size and passing the test will be more of a realistic possibility. For example, a clan that has 50 members but doesn't register any of them as inactive on their ToriClan page will be held to the activity standards we'd expect of a 50 member clan. If they register 30 members as inactive, we will judge them as a 20 member clan. If your clan has so many people that are inactive that you dip below 10 active members you will be automatically judged as a 10 member clan so that people can no longer stay alive with 1 or 2 man clans.
Dead Clans (CLICK HERE FOR A LINK TO THE DEAD CLANS BOARD).
Oh no, is your clan dead? All is not lost however, as while your clan is dead it keeps its clan tag and name so should you choose to revive it you will return right where you left off.
is a link to the dead orgs board for those who are interested.
Reviving a Dead Clan.
If you wish to revive a clan that is dead you must have the following:
- At least three former members of the clan.
- The prerequisites for starting a clan again completely, from unofficial onwards. (See: the section of starting up a new clan earlier in this post)
All clans that are being revived must go back through the clan system again the same way a new clan applying would. However, it will be noted that the clan had once passed the test and this will be in the consideration of the management when making their vote.
If a previously official clan is able to regain their official status after reviving and making it through evaluation, they reserve the right to reclaim their old clan board, although they can also choose to create a new board instead.
Note: All rules are subject to moderator discretion.
FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RULES IN THIS THREAD.