people playing: 145, servers online: 37, games played: 131,543,954 Top Player: SemiHampa

Toribash Community » Help » Technical Support
Register FAQ Community

Old Nov 4, 2016   #31
zwouter
ಠ⌣ಠ

10th Dan Black Belt

In the future, please make your own thread instead of posting it here.

To answer your question, if you remember your old email, you could try to request your username at this page: http://forum.toribash.com/login.php?do=lostpw
It should work, otherwise you could try to contact an admin (the people with the big red names on forums) but I don't know whether they can help if you've got no proof other than your password.
Help Squad-member
& Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

zwouter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2016   #32
Software123
NON-EXISTING!

20th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
I'm assuming you're asking how do we, the staff, know when to ban an account for it being compromised. Generally speaking there ways (some easier than others) where it becomes evident an account has been stolen.

I can't get into specifics with you as I'd hate to release private information about our powers as smods/admins, etc. but just know we use many different technical tools along with the easy and available conventions that normal have access to (like transaction history). If at any point something looks suspicious, usually it's reported by the user who's account is stolen or from a deal gone bad (scamming), we permanently ban an account and launch an investigation.

Example: "Hey, I just paid $50 for TC from Taco, and Taco isn't giving me TC.", we then go look up Taco and we have "reasons to assume someone else logged in as Taco", we can permanently ban Taco's account, launch an investigation, and see if we can get ahold of the real taco. Then we do our best to of course address the scam executed while the account was compromised.

I would like to know how are you smods/admins able to check everyone's ip or is that a script or somethin'?
Software123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2016   #33
Wizard
Bullied 24/7 Squad

8th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Parrot

We have tools that we use to help us, if that helps answer your question.

Help Squad
I may no longer be MS, but if you have any questions regarding the market, please PM me!

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2016   #34
Link
Help Squad

Master Belt

Originally Posted by Software123 View Post
I would like to know how are you smods/admins able to check everyone's ip or is that a script or somethin'?

No handmade script. vBulletin has this logging feature in it as basically every forum software does. It's quite common.

You can bet that most sites you visit can store this info.

Using google is always a good way to get more information about the subject ofc.
Want to apply for Help Squad? Send me your app!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote