people playing: 155, servers online: 44, games played: 134,706,398 Top Player: Wounder

Toribash Community » Help » FAQ
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Sep 7, 2016   #1
&Fear
CLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSORGS

u89ueojidfjeopewpikr09ip3o Belt

What is a clan?

Q: So what's a 'clan' anyway? Why bother?
A: Like many online communities, Toribash has its very own clan system. Clans were put in place to allow groups of like-minded individuals to band together and form their own sub-communities within the wider world of Toribash.
People come together to form clans for all sorts of reasons. From a simple social grouping to players interested in being the best around, the clan system lets players find their own place within the community and be part of something larger than themselves.

Q: Huh, sounds pretty cool. But how does it all work? How can I get a clan tag in front of my name?
A: In Toribash, the core of a clan is called the ToriClan. This is the part of your clan which is registered into Toribash's database and allows you to wear your clan tag in game. The ToriClan allows members to structure their clan by giving members ranks and permissions. Players in a Toriclan will wear their clan's tag in front of their name in-game.
[MORE INFO ON TORICLANS]

Q: Fine, but is that it? How am I meant to communicate with my clanmates?
A: Linked to the ToriClan is the clan's thread - this is the thread where you can talk to your clanmates about whatever you'd like (so long as it follows the global rules of the community).
[MORE INFO ON CLAN THREADS]

Q: How come some clan tags are in square brackets? What are these 'official clans' all about?
A: Clans who feel they are worthy may apply to become official clans. Official clans don't just have their own thread - they have their own subforum, which can contain as many threads as they please. Official clan tags are also different: they use [square brackets] over the unofficial (parenthesis).

Q: And what if I want to prove that my clan is the strongest there is?
A: Members of a ToriClan may also wage war on other clans! The current ranking of Toribash's most successful warring clans can be found here!
[MORE INFO ON WARS]

Q: Is there any other way to prove my clan's talent?
A: Many events run throughout the year, ranging from in-game tourneys through to replay making and art. Often, these events will require not just individuals, but clans to compete together in order to claim the prize. As such, events can be a very nice way to show off your clan's abilities, whether they be in-game prowess or some other talent. One to look out for is the yearly Clan League event. This is a prestigious annual event that has been running for many years. All of Toribash's strongest clans are sure to be competing for the huge prizes in this event!

Q: None of these clans seem to be what I'm looking for - could I create my own clan?
A: You can absolutely create your own clan! The full walkthrough of clan creation, management and expectations can be found in this thread (READ IT FIRST). Leading your very own clan can be quite an experience, although it will often require some dedication to pull off correctly.

Q: I've read the info, but I'm still confused about something - is there anybody I can go to for help?
A: Yep, the Clan Squad is a team of community members who dedicate their time to ensure the smooth running of clans in Toribash. Sometimes you may run into some trouble that a Clan Squad member cannot handle for you - in these cases, you should ask a member of Clan Management. These are the guys who oversee Clan Squad and can also edit ToriClans directly. The current members of staff in charge of clans are as such:

Clan Staff:
Current Clan Admin: Rai
Current Clan Managers: Orko
Current Clan Squad: flxy, SmallBowl, Gargon, Moop

Sending a private message is the most surefire way of getting help, but a more rapid response can be found by finding these guys in Toribash's #support IRC channel.

Russian Translation 

Last edited by Rai; 1 Week Ago at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Added tag
Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016   #2
Goesfard

6th Dan Black Belt

And the clan ranks?
Goesfard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2016   #3
BigDog

10th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Fear View Post
Q: And what if I want to prove that my clan is the strongest there is?
A: Members of a ToriClan may also wage war on other clans! The current ranking of Toribash's most successful warring clans can be found here!
[MORE INFO ON WARS]

He stated some info on ranks if you didn't see it.
Though you weren't specific if you meant Clan ranking with warring or Clan ranks in the clan.
BigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016   #4
MoldyRobot

The Moldiest Belt

Don't forget to mention that there is a whole subtopic related to Recruitment!
MoldyRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016   #5
&Fear
CLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSCLANSORGS

u89ueojidfjeopewpikr09ip3o Belt

Rather than bloat this post with all the info under the sun about clans, I included what I thought was a decent synopsis on the subject - in here you can find all the links to other posts which contain a LOT more information including clan ranks and recruitment.

So yeah I'm reluctant to add more. PM me if you felt like something crucial was missing though.

Last edited by Fear; Nov 1, 2016 at 07:00 PM..
Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2016   #6
pushka

hopeless Belt
Clan: duck

Hello, I made russian translation 

Last edited by pushka; Oct 25, 2016 at 02:47 PM..
pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2016   #7
Goesfard

6th Dan Black Belt

Need to add how to become official
Goesfard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2016   #8
zwouter
ಠ⌣ಠ

10th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Goesfard View Post
Need to add how to become official

Originally Posted by Fear View Post
Rather than bloat this post with all the info under the sun about clans, I included what I thought was a decent synopsis on the subject - in here you cant find all the links to other posts which contain a LOT more information including clan ranks and recruitment.

So yeah I'm reluctant to add more. PM me if you felt like something crucial was missing though.

No need to add how to become official.

Originally Posted by Delayer View Post
Hello, I made russian translation 

Thanks!
Help Squad-member
& Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

zwouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2016   #9
Thor

Suck My Belt
Clan: Damned

Hello, i fixed, as i hope, all the grammatical errors and misspellings of the Russian translate by Delayer (i think he won't be against)
как собака 

-----
I guess there is a need to talk with Delayer and ask if he wont be against replacing his version.
<nike1612> hi thor!
<[Damned]Thor> hi me

Last edited by Thor; Oct 30, 2016 at 08:04 PM..
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote