Ranking
Original Post
Windows Tablet pc
I was just thinking, my money's a bit on the low side and I need a new laptop/computer to run toribash
it has to be Ѓ300 or under
it has to be able to run It quickly on full graphics
will a tablet pc do that with a keyboard and mouse?
Also I don't mind if it's windows 7 or windows 8
thanks in advance
Moved to Computer/Mobile Chat.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Not to burst your bubble, but that might be impossible (or at least very very difficult) considering your GPU will cost you around half your budget if you want to run it on full graphics :'s Then if you buy the OS you've hit too close to the budget to buy anything else other than something like an optical drive :'S
Well, the computers your talking about, run windows 8. Toribash has not been released on windows 8 yet. So... uhh... yeah.
[SIGPIC]hh[/SIGPIC]
Pyro | MF | GerU | Electric | Revel | Essence
A laptop might be able to do it, for rather more than that budget. A tablet is pretty much out of the question. A custom, self-built desktop could, probably, squeeze that much performance out of Toribash, but it wouldn't be great by any means. The 320gbp tier listed on that site in the sticky would probably be able to get everything besides real-time raytracing, so yes, it should be doable.

Just, if you want to build a computer for gaming purposes, it'd be worth it to expand your budget a teeny bit if at all possible, especially since, aside from RTRT, Toribash isn't particularly demanding and doesn't have particularly demanding features. RTRT actually isn't that terrible for a graphics card either, so long as the GPU has proper double precision support, and you don't have more than about 100-120 objects being rendered at a time, considering the standard 80-ish objects for Tori and Uke.
Last edited by suomynona; Dec 20, 2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Slightly edited for clarity.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
You'd definitely be hard pressed to find a tablet that could do it, but if you run toribash without shaders and without RTRT the requirements are pretty low, so if you are prepared to do that there are a lot more options.

Originally Posted by xNess View Post
Well, the computers your talking about, run windows 8. Toribash has not been released on windows 8 yet. So... uhh... yeah.

Toribash runs fine in Windows 8, but I'm not sure about on RT
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Toribash runs fine in Windows 8, but I'm not sure about on RT

RT? Lol nope.

TB's a x86 game, not ARM. (RT is an ARM OS)
Unless it's a tablet with x86 guts you aint getting TB on it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
okay then, mimimum graphics, no shaders (just lowest settings) and any laptop (within my budget)
-----
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/X86-W...317344534.html
how's this, it's x86
or this
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/X86-W...441141643.html
Last edited by 19980704; Dec 20, 2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump