Toribash
Original Post
New Galaxy Note 3, things are bigger rather than more plentiful
So getting a note 3, I obviously expected more things to fit on the screen. Instead it seems things are mostly scaled up rather than fitting more, it's all just bigger. That's not want I want. I want everything normal size it was on my old phone, maybe even smaller, so that there's more stuff on the screen.

I've already rooted it. Does anyone have a solution?

Edit: I remembered back to when I had android on my hp touchpad. I was able to edit the lcd density then. I googled it and that looks like how you do it. I did it, and it works. Unfortunately it makes touchwiz spaz out. Trying to find out how integral touchwiz is to the note 3's features... I'd get a custom rom if I'd still have all the pen features. Otherwise I'm hoping for some other replacement or some such. Help would be appreciated.
Last edited by isaac; Dec 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Unfortunately this is just the way android works.

You can adjust the number of icons on your home screen, and reduce font size to try squeeze a little more out, but there's not much you can do.

Can you give an example of a specific situation? Eg do you want to be able to view more on webpages (in which case you can zoom out)?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Yeah that happened on my samsung galaxy grand too. It happened on all of the site.

If somebody post with 1-5 words the font will go big like hell
:D
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Unfortunately this is just the way android works.

You can adjust the number of icons on your home screen, and reduce font size to try squeeze a little more out, but there's not much you can do.

Can you give an example of a specific situation? Eg do you want to be able to view more on webpages (in which case you can zoom out)?

I'm at the most zoom out. I figured out I can use an app to change the pixel density, but it messes up touchwiz... I'll show you an example of how I mean.
http://www1.epicmilk.com:8080/note3/...2-11-04-43.png vs http://www1.epicmilk.com:8080/note3/...2-11-08-05.png

I took a whole bunch, but as it would be, they're too big to post, and I don't feel like resizing them, but you can see here a bunch of examples. http://www1.epicmilk.com:8080/note3/ the top half is the 300 DPI the bottom half is the 480 default dpi.

I forgot to take a screenshot, but when it's the 300 dpi, all's good except touchwiz makes my homescreen very tiny with lots of empty space. I suppose I'd have to replace touchwiz with something...

But anyway just something to point out that's annoying about the note3. As you can see in the screenshots, it's the same 1920x1080 pixels, but by default everything is scaled up to be fucking huge, therefore giving you no more space than your old phone had...
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop