Toribash
Original Post
Custom Computer
Going to build a custom computer, I really want to know what is the best setup
my budget is 1500$ - 2000$
Im going to use it to edit videos, play games on max graphics and render in high speed.
[My Replays] | [Aether] | [PM Me For Request Mods] | [Tricktionary]
[Static] | [Xioi] | [♥2WC♥] | [iFred] | [Oblivion]
Are you worried about saving cash where you can?
I.e. Would it be better for us to be looking toward the $1500 end or the $2000 end of your budget? You could easy build a PC that can max out games for less than $1500.

Also, some other things:
  • Do you want an optical drive? If so, DVD or Bluray?
  • Nvidia GPU or ATI GPU? No preference?
  • SSD or no? If so, what size? You could easily get away with a small (120gb or less) SSD to just put the operating system on and use a normal HDD for storage.
  • Do you have anything already that does not need to be included in the budget? (Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers etc)
  • Are you interested in overclocking? (Can you, or are you going to learn to?)
  • By "rendering" do you mean you are going to be working on 3D modelling and animation, or do you mean that you're going to just be editing videos (perhaps with fancy 3d title intros)?
Last edited by 4zb41; Jan 1, 2014 at 03:24 AM.
Not that worried about saving cash, I just want a computer that will last me a while.
1. Bluray

2. Nvidia

3. Yes, I want a Solid State Drive, 120gb

4. I have the monitor and all of that in a different budget.

5. Not interested in overclocking

6. Rendering everything from videos, graphic designs, to 3d animations.
[My Replays] | [Aether] | [PM Me For Request Mods] | [Tricktionary]
[Static] | [Xioi] | [♥2WC♥] | [iFred] | [Oblivion]
More questions

1. Have you read the sticky?

2. Do you work in graphic design / 3dcg? Do you game more or do 3dcg more? Rendering 3d, cg, graphic design, games, rendering videos, trans-coding, etc all have different needs.

3. Do you realize $1500-$2000 is a lot of money for a computer? After the first $1000 it makes very very little difference to the game as to whether or not you throw more money at it.

4. Do you plan to run 1 monitor? 2? 3? What resolution? 1920x1080? 1440? QHD? What framerate? 60Hz? 120Hz?

The most effective way to make a computer that lasts a while is to buy a bit of new gear every year. Can you afford to drop 2k on a box every year? Can you afford to drop 1k? Do you understand that even if you drop 5k on a computer right now, in a few years you will be running games below their max graphics?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff