View Poll Results: Should we be able to use the word 'nigga' in Wibbles
Yes, allow it
51 Votes / 57.95%
No, ban it
37 Votes / 42.05%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Should we be able to use the word 'nigga' in Wibbles?
<~suomynona> ele: you're totally right about racial slurs in that post, yes.
<~suomynona> ele: Not aware of those exceptions, and I don't feel like making them for wibbles in this case.
<~suomynona> make a poll in S&I if you feel strongly about it.

I've been instructed to post here instead of the Wibbles 'Rules' thread. You can read and catch up with what's going in there (or maybe you can't, suo's moving posts to different threads). I'll briefly explain.

Currently, we are not allowed to say something like 'wuts gud ma nigga' or 'hahaha yeah nigga!' in Wibbles.

The pesky global rules say that whenever somebody says the word 'nigga', they're being racist and their post needs to be deleted/infracted. Clearly this not always the case. People can use the word 'nigga' without it being a racist attack on someone. It's all about the intent of the person using it.

So I know I, and a lot of other people, would like to be able to use that word in it's non-racist context. We're not talking about being able to use it everywhere in Toribash (the higher-ups definitely wouldn't go for that), we're just talking about letting people use it in Wibbles.

So, if you're behind this idea, vote for it in the poll. If you're not, then pick the other option.
Last edited by Ele; Oct 3, 2016 at 10:08 AM.
Well, The wibble thread is a thread for fun, but there's still some rules. And "nigga" word shouldn't be allowed because racial slurs can get harsh.

Else, others slurs ("faggot" can be discussed anyways) can be allowed

This word can be used for fun too, but other words as well, so why using this word if you can use some other ?
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Was zurük bleibt ist erinnerung
Pretty clear there's a line between the words n**** and f***** and I'm guessing you don't know about the English dialect that much.
But I'd say n**** isn't really used as a slur over here its connotation isn't hash at all people generally use it by saying sup n***** or n**** rest of sentence.
Anyway it's not like people don't use it and wibbles people replace it with hitta, ecigga, Rigga, niqqa, nicca, and many others. It's not like you don't know what they're saying or they're trying to convey when they say those things.
But you won't go up to somebody and say "what's up my f*****" or even say what's up my n***er but n**** is just so common over here it's really a hassle to try and keep it out of your post when you use it when talking to your friends and every other sentence and since wibbles is supposed to be fun. I'm hoping it can get a second look over on being allowed.
Last edited by Pimp; Oct 3, 2016 at 01:14 PM.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
sure,the context is important in understanding if the word was
used for fun or offensively,but i am also sure that many will
try to take advantage of it,to be offensive and then try to get
away with it,even if it is just for wibbles.

i vote no
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post

My solution for that would be to not let them get away with it.

If someone's using it in a racist manner they would still be punished. All we're asking for with this rule 'exception' is for the rest of us to be able to use it in a non-racist manner.
what you're asking for is a less absolute rule, to be replaced instead by a context-based rule where we punish based on intention right

i say: people are still gonna push it to the absolute limits of human ingenuity just to be assholes, but I guess we could at least try it
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post

i vote no

Can you give me a scenario of someone using nigga in a racist way that would allow them to get away it's already been used in some one the pictures on threads (not rating anyone out ;)

The only thing I can think of would be if someone called someone else dumb nigga but again it'd be easy to tell from context of it's racist or not.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
what you're asking for is a less absolute rule, to be replaced instead by a context-based rule where we punish based on intention right

i say: people are still gonna push it to the absolute limits of human ingenuity just to be assholes, but I guess we could at least try it

This pretty much hits the nail on the head.
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
Can you give me a scenario of someone using nigga in a racist way that would allow them to get away it's already been used in some one the pictures on threads (not rating anyone out ;)

"Hey faggot, this thread sucks lmao"
"Shut up you nigga"

^ Firstly was ironic, secondly can be taken as a racial slur
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Was zurük bleibt ist erinnerung
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post

The only thing I can think of would be if someone called someone else dumb nigga but again it'd be easy to tell from context of it's racist or not.

i said they will try to get away,not that they will succeed in it,
i mean some people will try to push the boundaries of the rule,yapping
how they were not racist when in fact they were.