people playing: 65, servers online: 24, games played: 144,628,126 Top Player: Cicada3301

Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old May 15, 2017 Original Post  
hampa
In coder land
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA

If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.

Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM..
hampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1441
Rain
ъ

The Mortality Sequence Belt

Disagree.

Your arguments are based on other games experience and have nothing to do with toribash with its unique economy

I know nabi will probably be able to make more money from ppl buying qi boosters and shit, but I don't really understand what will happen to high qi stuff. And I think this will also have negative impact on toribash economy, because it's kinda built around QI.

You should keep it in mind that qi is NOT rank/level in toribash, it just represents the amount of games you've played and gives you an ability to buy high qi stuff. As for resetting all players ranks as tb next comes out, we already have ranking seasons, so it's not a big deal.

I also apologize for my english
RELAX ALL
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1442
Sora
Legendary Troublemaker

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Liquor

I only hate the qi buying thing.
Team Lenshu|Anime United
Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1443
>WeppetKo
A Member

9th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Origin

I disagree with resetting the QI.

I've always seen QI as a guidance to immediately have a glance at people's experience with the game. I know that buying QI and alts ruin the whole thing, but in general when you see an high belt player certainly it's not the first time he's playing. I see the resetting QI thing more as a punishment rather than a "exciting thing to make us play again". I don't even know if I'd be able to wear my current items in TBN with no QI, and most likely I won't spend another 1000 hours to get back to where I am. Since TB and TBN won't be all that different as gameplay it seems fitting to me that the QI should stay the same.

Art stuff
Want to join Origin? Visit this thread.

Art shop
-Sold out-
WeppetKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1444
matarika

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evolution

" I don't even know if I'd be able to wear my current items in TBN"

"most likely I won't spend another 1000 hours to get back to where I am."

By default Hampa is giving you back your items if you ask, as you've worked or purchased them, you're entitled to them, so by losing you QI in Toribash Next you would simply be losing the ability to recognize who is experienced and who isn't. As well as leveling the playing field as far as what Toribash Next Items you can buy. There would be no penalty as far as items. you would "lose" nothing in Next.

Next will have its own items, and have its own gear, locked behind its own Toribash Next QI restrictions, no connection to Toribash QI. It's not being shared between two games.

He IS MAKING an alternate branch in the economy not altering the current one. (TC is a different story)

Items Everyone will have to work for. But if you have God Belt QI going into Toribash Next. That's not fair. you'd be able to have access to Toribash Next God Belt QI leveled items.

Something WILL have to reset, because all items in Toribash Next should be worked for or purchased in the same way they were in Toribash. And if QI is transferred over then that will not be the case.

QI restrictions will be removed for items you already own in Toribash Next. Even if you're a white belt in Next.

This is what Hampa is implying by starting over from white belt, but giving you back your shit you own and worked for.
It will give everyone a blank slate to work up to buying and purchasing NEW Toribash Next gear and items.
But this has no connection to the shit you already own as you will be able to get all that back.

So let me re-word this...

Toribash Next needs to have an ALTERNATE QI progression. This is what i mean by Reset. Not wiping your QI on the original Toribash.
Join the Assassin Brotherhood HERE

Last edited by matarika; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:59 PM..
matarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1445
>WeppetKo
A Member

9th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Origin

Thanks for explaining it politely, I was not aware that I would be able to wear the shit that I own even if I don't have the QI for it and I didn't want to lose what I cared about, aka my progress. I just expressed my disappointment since you said in your video that we could write our thoughts on the matter. At least that's what we usually do in these threads.

That's my opinion, Hampa can do as he pleases with his game.

Art stuff
Want to join Origin? Visit this thread.

Art shop
-Sold out-
WeppetKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1446
Ylyndar

Blue Belt

Originally Posted by matarika View Post
" I don't even know if I'd be able to wear my current items in TBN"

"most likely I won't spend another 1000 hours to get back to where I am."

By default Hampa is giving you back your items if you ask, as you've worked or purchased them, you're entitled to them, so by losing you QI in Toribash Next you would simply be losing the ability to recognize who is experienced and who isn't. As well as leveling the playing field as far as what Toribash Next Items you can buy. There would be no penalty as far as items. you would "lose" nothing in Next.

Next will have its own items, and have its own gear, locked behind its own Toribash Next QI restrictions, no connection to Toribash QI. It's not being shared between two games.

He IS MAKING an alternate branch in the economy not altering the current one. (TC is a different story)

Items Everyone will have to work for. But if you have God Belt QI going into Toribash Next. That's not fair. you'd be able to have access to Toribash Next God Belt QI leveled items.

Something WILL have to reset, because all items in Toribash Next should be worked for or purchased in the same way they were in Toribash. And if QI is transferred over then that will not be the case.

QI restrictions will be removed for items you already own in Toribash Next. Even if you're a white belt in Next.

This is what Hampa is implying by starting over from white belt, but giving you back your shit you own and worked for.
It will give everyone a blank slate to work up to buying and purchasing NEW Toribash Next gear and items.
But this has no connection to the shit you already own as you will be able to get all that back.

So let me re-word this...

Toribash Next needs to have an ALTERNATE QI progression. This is what i mean by Reset. Not wiping your QI on the original Toribash.

Was this recently implemented? Last I heard items from toribash and toribash next wouldn't be compatible, or maybe that was the currency?
aaaaaa
Ylyndar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1447
matarika

7th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evolution

Originally Posted by Ylyndar View Post
Was this recently implemented? Last I heard items from toribash and toribash next wouldn't be compatible, or maybe that was the currency?

during my last interview Hampa said he would be making efforts to allow people to get their items back as he doesn't want people to lose a look they worked hard for.

But currency isn't compatible thats why it's switching to Next Coins.
Join the Assassin Brotherhood HERE
matarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1448
sSLight

3rd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Liquor

i wish there was a way to gauge singleplayer experience, right now there is no built in way for that

perhaps bringing back the rep system but exclusively for replays for the next forums
what in the goddamn
Replays | ORMO | Liquor
sSLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1449
Toad

7th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by sSLight View Post
i wish there was a way to gauge singleplayer experience, right now there is no built in way for that

perhaps bringing back the rep system but exclusively for replays for the next forums

i absolutely agree, we need more players to explore the singleplayer community more, so that the new bloods can maybe come up with something new in the next gen.

and about the rep system, sir is already planning to implement it back on the new forum we're about to be having.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #1450
Sneaky
ub3r

5th Dan Black Belt

this shit comin out or what
ES Member | [a] Adventure
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote