Toribash
Original Post
People's thoughts on Kids/adults who love gaming.
I personally am a gamer and I get hated on, people calling me a no life and saying I need to grow up. Why is gaming a had thing? It's not, people just hate on you because they can't do what you can do better than them. I'm a Semi-Pro gamer and every time I beat someone after hating on me I gain respect. Why? It's the same with some girls these days. Other girls will hate on others for looking ugly ( what they think ) is this for attention? Are they just being assholes? Don't hate what you can't relate to.
It's all about being human.

Some beautiful girls are elitist towards ugly girls. They feel they are better than them, and they show it, one way or another. Some ugly girls envy the beautiful girls. They feel they are inferior to them, and they show it, one way or another.

Older people might dislike new things because they were living in different circumstances when they were young. It might be envy, it might be elitism, it varies.
Younger people might dislike old things because they are living in different circumstances. They are not used to something so old - the current is more convenient.

In the Internet people tend to make themselves heard more. They have a 'mask' to hide behind to. Nothing will happen to them as long as they are behind that 'mask.'
They can call names, they can be dicks and leave mid-game, it's their own digital world - they can do anything they want.

Some people think like that.

However, DON'T GENERALIZE.

The people who make themselves heard about their opinions are only a minority. The people who don't care about other girls' make-up masks and the people who don't care about when someone was born don't tend to make themselves heard. There's only that one guy "hating"... What about all the others? They're just silently playing, ignoring the person. In fact, it feels twice as satisfying to defeat a person who's just being a nuisance and watch him ragequit. Hell fucking yes. Even if it's "just a digital world."

There are always those dicks who want to ruin others' fun. Why do they do it? It's impossible to say since they might have their own circumstances. Some might be in the rebellious phase of youth, some might have actual troubles in real life and they want to run away from them. Some want attention, some simply want to have a fair match but have a wrong image of it. They all have their own reasons be it simple or something deeper. I wouldn't dwell into them too much.
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
It's all about being human.

Some beautiful girls are elitist towards ugly girls. They feel they are better than them, and they show it, one way or another. Some ugly girls envy the beautiful girls. They feel they are inferior to them, and they show it, one way or another.

Older people might dislike new things because they were living in different circumstances when they were young. It might be envy, it might be elitism, it varies.
Younger people might dislike old things because they are living in different circumstances. They are not used to something so old - the current is more convenient.

In the Internet people tend to make themselves heard more. They have a 'mask' to hide behind to. Nothing will happen to them as long as they are behind that 'mask.'
They can call names, they can be dicks and leave mid-game, it's their own digital world - they can do anything they want.

Some people think like that.

However, DON'T GENERALIZE.

The people who make themselves heard about their opinions are only a minority. The people who don't care about other girls' make-up masks and the people who don't care about when someone was born don't tend to make themselves heard. There's only that one guy "hating"... What about all the others? They're just silently playing, ignoring the person. In fact, it feels twice as satisfying to defeat a person who's just being a nuisance and watch him ragequit. Hell fucking yes. Even if it's "just a digital world."

There are always those dicks who want to ruin others' fun. Why do they do it? It's impossible to say since they might have their own circumstances. Some might be in the rebellious phase of youth, some might have actual troubles in real life and they want to run away from them. Some want attention, some simply want to have a fair match but have a wrong image of it. They all have their own reasons be it simple or something deeper. I wouldn't dwell into them too much.

Ok Thanks You really put alot of information.... alot.
I agree with everything Tonakai said. Also, there are some dicks who want to ruin others fun for their own fun. Ever encountered people like that? They say a lot of bullshit to other people just so they themselves can have a little laugh? There are some shitheads like that in my class and whether it's me they're trying to annoy or not, it makes me fucking sick to my stomach to see them insult others for their own enjoyment. It could be that they're insecure and want to draw attention to themselves like what Tonakai said. In my class, making fun of someone hurtfully is how they attempt to be "funny". And yes, sometimes mean teases can be funny to other people, but they only think of the reactions from the other people. What about the victim? The very person you're describing? Anyway, best to just ignore them if possible and wait for Karma to come out from hiding and teach them a lesson. Just remember this little quote:

"Most people want everyone else in the world to change themselves. Let me tell you, it's easier to change yourself than everyone else." -Robert Kiyosaki
a spoon.
I get walked up to in school and get called a no life for wearing a boxx t-shirt. (google it) and then the girl dipshits are talking about makeup and how much time they spent putting on mascara. Does that make them any different? If 2 people spend the same amount of time doing something equally productive, is it ok for 1 to hate on the other?
lol most everyone is a gamer in my school... just how BIG of a gamer you are and how hardcore you are at games lol thats what makes you stand out oddly
[M]etal RIP - (R)ust - (Ph) Phase
BTW if my background is illegal, please message me staff member. don't do warning
People will receive hate no matter what they're doing. For every thing you enjoy, there will always be someone who hates it. Honestly there is nothing wrong with playing video games. So long as you don't play so much that it damages other areas of your life.
If only everyone could be as sexy as me
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
People will receive hate no matter what they're doing. For every thing you enjoy, there will always be someone who hates it. Honestly there is nothing wrong with playing video games. So long as you don't play so much that it damages other areas of your life.

Yeah very very true. Their is pretty much someone who has to hate just every thing that you do but those people really do need to just fuck off in my opinion
[M]etal RIP - (R)ust - (Ph) Phase
BTW if my background is illegal, please message me staff member. don't do warning
Hah. I found another me. I have been a gamer for nearly 7yrs and I do understand how you feel. People calling you 'no life' or 'douchebag' really hurts sometimes but you can't really do anything to that. It's their choice whether they want to call you names or not. There is absolutely nothing wrong in being a gamer and I don't really care or give a damn about what haters think about gaming. Just be yourself and do what you love. Don't have to care so much about people's remarks because one day you'll be the one laughing and joking about them, trust me.
Ex-Gamemaster
Shoot me a PM if you have any queries!