ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Coming Soon: Jurassic 4, Pirates 4, and Uwe Boll, good movie?!
sup guys

So, coming soon to theaters near you is:

Jurassic Park 4
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Iron Man 2
A Nightmare on Elm Street (Like 20 or something)
Clash of the Titans
Paranormal Activity
Pandorum

Aaaaaaaand
Rampage by Uwe Boll (Please don't fuck it up)

Jurassic Park 4:
No info yet :/

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Release Date: Summer 2011
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Rob Marshall
Screenwriter: Terry Rossio, Ted Elliott
Starring: Johnny Depp
Plot Summary:Plot Summary: Johnny Depp is returning as Captain Jack Sparrow in the third sequel in the popular "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise. "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" teased audiences with Sparrow and Barbossa both in hot pursuit of the Fountain of Youth!

Iron Man 2
Release Date: May 7, 2010
Studio: Paramount Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Jon Favreau
Screenwriter: Justin Theroux
Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Jon Favreau, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Garry Shandling, John Slattery, Kate Mara, Clark Gregg, Olivia Munn
Plot Summary:Plot Summary: In the sequel, Mickey Rourke will play Whiplash, a character that includes elements from that comic book villain and Crimson Dynamo, another Russian baddie.

Sam Rockwell will play Justin Hammer, a multibillionaire businessman and a rival of industrialist Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, being played by a returning Robert Downey Jr.

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Release Date: April 30, 2010
Studio: New Line Cinema (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Director: Samuel Bayer
Screenwriter: Wesley Strick
Starring: Jackie Earle Haley, Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner, Thomas Dekker, Kellan Lutz, Katie Cassidy, Connie Britton
Plot Summary: C'mon, seriously?

Clash of the Titans

Release Date: March 26, 2010
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Louis Leterrier
Screenwriter: Phil Hay, Matt Manfredi
Starring: Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Danny Huston, Gemma Arterton, Mads Mikkelsen, Jason Flemyng, Alexa Davalos, Izabella Miko, Nicholas Hoult, Pete Postlethwaite
Plot Summary:In "Clash of the Titans," the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Sam Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Ralph Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Liam Neeson) and unleash hell on earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.

Pandorum
Release Date: September 25, 2009
Studio: Overture Films
Director: Christian Alvart
Screenwriter: Travis Milloy
Starring: Dennis Quaid, Ben Foster, Cam Gigandet, Antje Traue, Cung Le, Eddie Rouse, Andre Hennicke, Norman Reedus
Plot Summary: In "Pandorum," actors, Dennis Quaid ("Vantage Point," "The Express") and Ben Foster ("3:10 to Yuma," "Alpha Dog"), join Cam Gigandet ("Never Back Down," "Twilight"), Cung Le ("Tekken," "Fighting"), newcomer Antje Traue and director Christian Alvart ("Antibodies") to tell the terrifying story of two crew members stranded on a spacecraft who quickly realize they are not alone. Two astronauts awaken in a hyper-sleep chamber aboard a seemingly abandoned spacecraft. It's pitch black, they are disoriented, and the only sound is a low rumble and creak from the belly of the spacecraft. They can't remember anything - who are they, what is their mission? The only way out of the chamber is a dark and narrow airshaft. Corporal Bower (Foster), the younger of the two, crawls inside, while the other, Lt. Payton (Quaid), stays behind for guidance on a radio transmitter. As Bower ventures deeper and deeper into the ship, he begins to uncover a terrifying reality. Slowly the spacecraft's shocking and deadly secrets come unraveled, and the astronauts realize that the survival of mankind hinges on their actions.
TRAILERS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMEhkTxs3_E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh8IInTanto

Paranormal Activity
Release Date: September 25, 2009 (limited)
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Oren Peli
Screenwriter: Oren Peli
Starring: Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat, Mark Friedrichs, Amber Armstrong, Ashley Palmer
Plot Summary: After a young, middle class couple moves into what seems like a typical suburban "starter" tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be somehow demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night.

Especially when they sleep. Or try to.
TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074

And last but not least, a new cinematic disaster (Or maybe it will kick ass) by Uwe Boll, Rampage

Not a lot of information is found on this one, but here's the trailer

Dawww, I though he was gonna make it about the game where you play as a huge monster and destroy stuff :/

So yeah, what do you guys thing?

Also, I didn't know where this should go so I put it in Discussion, gogo infarct
Oh, geez, why are they remaking Clash of the Titans?

Part of the fun of watching it is the old special effects.

:|
Originally Posted by Delaid View Post
Oh, geez, why are they remaking Clash of the Titans?

Part of the fun of watching it is the old special effects.

:|

Hollywood (or wherever they make movies now) has recently been over run with unoriginal people who's only mission is to cash in on the ideas that worked in the past. Its disgusting how many "new" movies are just remakes...or just total rapes like G.I. Joe.

As for Uwe Boll, his career is built off of sucking. Its the only reason anyone knows his name, expect nothing but suck to flow from him in the future, regardless of what he says...its all he has :P

EDIT: Rampage is probably just some shitty idea Uwe boll has been kicking around and wanting to make as some sort of "I am a real director" movie, most likely only being named rampage because it is a video game, and he is known for making video game movies. Im willing to bet it has little, but probably more likely nothing to do with the classic game.
Last edited by deady; Sep 18, 2009 at 07:13 AM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Someone posted this on IRC. It's going to be another Uwe Boll adaptation. Only from REAL LIFE.

I predict a complete commercial and critical failure, followed by Uwe calling himself a genius at the press conference at the next Comic-Con.
JURASSIC PARK 4...?!?!!?
OMFG,I WANT !!

Would be so freaking epic..
Centuries Of Damn
Originally Posted by EchoMarine View Post

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Release Date: April 30, 2010
Studio: New Line Cinema (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Director: Samuel Bayer
Screenwriter: Wesley Strick
Starring: Jackie Earle Haley, Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner, Thomas Dekker, Kellan Lutz, Katie Cassidy, Connie Britton
Plot Summary: C'mon, seriously?

Another lame remake? Good god.
Movie talkies fit in Rapid Threads.

Also, in my opinion, all Uwe Boll movies are bad. I might be wrong though but *heh*, who am I kidding?
Originally Posted by dbuhos View Post
JURASSIC PARK 4...?!?!!?
OMFG,I WANT !!

Would be so freaking epic..

These sort of desperate sequels don't tend to be. Especially since the only thing they went by in the first ones were already written by Michael Chrichton.
I'm quite hyped for jurassic park four, even though it will probably be 4th rate.. (the previous sequals were 2nd, and 3rd rate). But it will probably be worth watching whilst drunk .
Also, a remake of clash of the titans would be a brilliant idea. although the original was a classic in it's self
I don't have very high expectations for Pirates 4, although i had the same feeling about 3.. and that turned out to be a rather good watch.
[sheep] Bahh..
Juicey Orangey Goodness :DD