Toribash
Started lifting 5 months ago.

Started lifting because i finally realised how skinny i was. Just over a year ago i was 110lbs 5ft 10. Now im 150 lbs, aiming to be 165lbs.

Go to the gym 3 / 4 times a week, sorta doing a push pull legs routine. I'm pretty happy with the way my body looks, got a little bit of a V aswell which i really want.

Diet is pretty poor, i was mainly just wanting to gain the weight anyway possible but now i think i should focus more on eating clean and gaining weight through muscle only now. Drinking a pint of milk on top of each meal has really helped me gain weight!! my tip to anyone who is struggling to gain weight.

I'm still fairly week compared to most people as i used to eat like 1 meal a day for about 6 years lmao.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
Do you work out every day or something? I have a stupidly fast metabolism and I only eat about 2,500 kcals a day (on a good day) and I've been slowly growing for a while. Do you increase weight on your workouts and everything?

The best way to do it is eat like 6 relatively small meals throughout the day, or 3 full meals and 3 calorie/protein packed snacks + a protein drink.

Ya, up to 6 times a week if I've got no assignments. If you're 60kg (132.277lbs), you're going to need about 3K+/- calories just to maintain mah dude. It could be more or less depending on your height. Defo increased on weights. About a few months back, I could only bench a 15kg fixed bar ahahahha. I can do 20kg a side now including the actual barbell.

I heard of the 6 small meals a day thing but maaaaaan, I have trouble doing that, my uni has classes with go back-to-back for up to 6 hours kmn. I do 2/3 full meals with 2 servings of protein.

Are you one of those dudes who want to look bulky huge? My goal is to be more vascular and gain another 5kg this year, gonna try and lower my BF% to around 7%.
Originally Posted by iAwesome View Post
Ya, up to 6 times a week if I've got no assignments. If you're 60kg (132.277lbs), you're going to need about 3K+/- calories just to maintain mah dude. It could be more or less depending on your height. Defo increased on weights. About a few months back, I could only bench a 15kg fixed bar ahahahha. I can do 20kg a side now including the actual barbell.

I heard of the 6 small meals a day thing but maaaaaan, I have trouble doing that, my uni has classes with go back-to-back for up to 6 hours kmn. I do 2/3 full meals with 2 servings of protein.

Are you one of those dudes who want to look bulky huge? My goal is to be more vascular and gain another 5kg this year, gonna try and lower my BF% to around 7%.

Do you have a goal weight or anything; cause if that's all you want I wouldn't worry about how much you need to eat at all. If you wanna gain even a little I'd do low reps high weight and you wont even have to work out every day. I was 66kg when I first started working out, now I'm 75kg and I'd even now like to get to 77-78kg and I have a skinny ectomorph-ass frame which I assume you do to. Only difference is I'm 6 foot so I look even skinnier than you do. All I did was eat around 2,500-2,700 kcal a day (while in school) and when I had free time went to the gym 3-4 times a week. You can trust my metabolism is fucking quick cause this weight gain took me like 3 years, but I think it was my workout regimen that actually made the difference rather than my eating habits.

Just get an app that has foods stats and type in everything you eat so you're aware of how much you're actually putting into your body and how much more you need to eat to get the goals you want. But for now I recommend continuing to try to eat as much as you say you do (while getting in the right amount of carbs and protein) and finding a solid strength building workout to do when you have time. I think the workout routine is the issue more than the eating.

I'm not really trying to look bulky, in fact, I haven't worried about the way my body looks ever since I passed 70kg, I really focus on my actual strength and the way I look is just a bonus. But if you're someone who wants to look a certain way, you should train specifically for that. If you're worried about the eating to maintain your low weight, but you only want to look vascular or lean, fuck your weight and train for that. You can hit bodyweight everyday in your dorm and achieve what you want. If you have a goal weight in mind but you don't wanna bulk and cut like a madman, do a lean bulk which with our metabolisms isn't that hard. Like I said, train for strength high weight low reps and you'll get bigger with the way you're eating. Depends on what you want though.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
bump cause im back on my bullshit

anyone lifting in 2019?
I do lift my own body
with calisthenics my progression is more expansive but the days are getting cold, so I stick to home workout routines which I repeat on different speeds.

actually having 2 weights for biceps curls and ankle weights
Enjoint life
How the fuck am I supposed to eat 3500 kcal in a day
Big boy shake and bowls of pasta have helped but I still fail every other day, what are you guys eating
oh yeah
Originally Posted by Smaiva View Post
I do lift my own body
with calisthenics my progression is more expansive but the days are getting cold, so I stick to home workout routines which I repeat on different speeds.

actually having 2 weights for biceps curls and ankle weights

how much do you weigh?
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
How the fuck am I supposed to eat 3500 kcal in a day
Big boy shake and bowls of pasta have helped but I still fail every other day, what are you guys eating

i got some foods in the OP
I do not lift much, like 20 kilo each arm on high reps

also doing handstand

and lowkicks like neymar

but to be honest I prefer doing pull ups since they train much muscle groups if done correctly.
my goal is to stay fast so I can't have that much muscle on me. Do you guys run ? Its something I need to implement in my routine but its kinda boring. I rather play ball as my cardio
Enjoint life
On a cut, hating life.
Thankfully haven't lost much on the big three.
No gains to be had tho.