Toribash
Original Post
+Why I was considered a noob for clapping+tell me any other \"noobmoves\"
So I was in a tourney the other day and for my opening move I extended my abs and clapped. I ended up beating the guy and then he called me a noob clapper then ragequit the server. Is it normal for people to just consider any move that beats them a noob move?
Last edited by Fee; May 20, 2010 at 12:21 PM.
Well, it's a newbie move. But some people thinks it's annoying.
Sometimes it's a good move though :P
Some people just say that any move that beats them is a noob move, no matter what it is.

A clap isn't really a noob move, it's just a move like any other.
He may have said it was a noob move because it's simple and one of the first moves you learn.
The noob clap is considered a noob move because it takes minimal joint movement/skill to do and recover from. In my opinion if they can't beat a noob clap (or an other so called noob move), then they are the noob =3. It's not normal but you'll probably get a few people who will just get pissed at losing.

Edit: also people get pissed to no end if you lift them up, I seriously can't figure out way. They'll call you a shoveler and be generally pissy around you for a while.
Last edited by MrPoptart; May 19, 2010 at 05:59 PM.
well yeah, noob clap is noob, it requires minimal skill, and is just stupid, also, if they cant avoid it its got nothing to do with them being noob, it all to do with the noob clapper being noob, also about the shovel thing, its cz it also requires hardley any skill to do something that is stupidly good. my advice is get some skills and dont do any of the moves discussed in this thread and youll be fine
however, if your under green belt then i would excuse you as the liklihood is you just got the game and still getting to grips with the controls, anyway, rage quitting is just stupid so he came out looking the fool
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
meh, im not gonna argue with you, all im saying, other than dont do noob clap, is learn some m ore complex moves, and if you continue doing 'noob' moves, expect this kind of treatment from everyone.... im done
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Do whatever makes you happy, if anyone gets abusive contact a moderator.
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
well yeah, noob clap is noob, it requires minimal skill, and is just stupid, also, if they cant avoid it its got nothing to do with them being noob, it all to do with the noob clapper being noob, also about the shovel thing, its cz it also requires hardley any skill to do something that is stupidly good. my advice is get some skills and dont do any of the moves discussed in this thread and youll be fine
however, if your under green belt then i would excuse you as the liklihood is you just got the game and still getting to grips with the controls, anyway, rage quitting is just stupid so he came out looking the fool

So wait, I lift someone in the air which actually does something, but just because its a little easy to do its a noob move? Thats like saying that an easy job that pays more is a bad job!
Just ignore people like him and do what moves you like.

This is a game made to have fun, not follow elitist rules about what moves you can and can't do.