ES Recruitment Drive
Okay, changed the expression and fixed the mapping:

wip4

Head thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=482525
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
I dunno if you know this, the mapping that toribash uses is called a cylinder map, which means it's twice as wide as it is tall. You should make your textures in 1024x512 then transform them to 1024x512 and touch up. That way you can look at your reference image and not have to mentally squish it.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
please immortalpig, anyone do the head as they wish,
the center of the template is 2x wider, but he is mapping for all the head, incluiding sides.
else ears would be in front and the sides would be extremely big
Last edited by dengue; Oct 8, 2014 at 08:02 PM.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
I dunno if you know this, the mapping that toribash uses is called a cylinder map, which means it's twice as wide as it is tall. You should make your textures in 1024x512 then transform them to 1024x512 and touch up. That way you can look at your reference image and not have to mentally squish it.

I've tried to make a head by 1024x512 like you're saying, but I couldn't get
into it.. I think that method is best suited for highly detailed pieces...
Anime/Cartoon textures are not that detailed and can do with an impressionistic
design.. Anyway, I don't use a particular reference image, I just google the
character(s) and scroll through and find similar features in the images..
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Awesome, dengue.. Love the scar, looks realistic.
And the eyes! They're fantastic!
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
the center of the template is 2x wider, but he is mapping for all the head, incluiding sides.
else ears would be in front and the sides would be extremely big

Wot?

The template is all at half width. If you want your texture to look right you have to draw the ears on at half the width you want them to be, this is not exactly an easy thing to do consistently.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Made an Elizabeth from Gintama thigh texture.

Unmapped BIG image

Only mapped it for left thigh, but you guys can use it if you want,
just don't claim as your own, and don't sell, even with alterations.

Left thigh

/dl and /lp me to see how it looks. Too lazy to post screenies
I painted Keneki Ken from Tokyo Ghoul with acrylic paints.
My first real acrylic painting, hope you like.

Kaneki Ken