Toribash
Original Post
Kozmo's drawing thread
K so I'm just gonna make this a thread where I put all my sketches/drawings, I'm trying to get into realistic type drawings because it's cool.

I am very new to any kind of art, only thing I am experienced in art wise is stick figures in school, and shitty videos in my video class. CnC on whatever drawings I put here is something I want, and advice on shading, proper proportions, etc will be much appreciated!

Drawings

Death from Darksiders 2 (1st drawing)

References

Newest drawing

LG Lancet (My phone, 2nd drawing)

I would like some CnC on the newest drawing, I'm still really new to drawing, I'm looking into getting a wacom drawing tablet so I can try drawing head textures or something cool like that.
Last edited by Kozmonaut; Jan 6, 2017 at 03:07 AM.
you're on thin ice, pal
nice drawings for your beginning.
I think you have a good line stroke and is doing the hardest, to just copy without any tech.

You need to measure angles of your lines to get a good shape of your features, it keeps the drawing not so misled.

keep thinking of proportions for your drawings, try to measure with eyes and with guides(lines).

you will grow as you draw, I recommend ctrl+paint and drawabox for online tutorials.
For the second drawing, excellent depth and shading, the buttons facing the front looks rather misplaced or slanting downwards of the phone, Toribash logo seems to be within the screen rather than like an iPhone. I don't know if you erased it lightly but the last photo doesn't have the depth like the Wips, the final product don't look as good as the last Wipe but it's pretty good already.
Nice
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
nice drawings for your beginning.
I think you have a good line stroke and is doing the hardest, to just copy without any tech.

You need to measure angles of your lines to get a good shape of your features, it keeps the drawing not so misled.

keep thinking of proportions for your drawings, try to measure with eyes and with guides(lines).

you will grow as you draw, I recommend ctrl+paint and drawabox for online tutorials.

Thank you very much! I am trying to make drawing a habit in order to break some bad habits, as well as to get better because its fun. I traced my phone before I drew it, just the outline though, no inner details but the single rounded corner rectangle. If and when I get a drawing tablet, I will definitely check those programs out.

Originally Posted by Carnivorax View Post
For the second drawing, excellent depth and shading, the buttons facing the front looks rather misplaced or slanting downwards of the phone, Toribash logo seems to be within the screen rather than like an iPhone. I don't know if you erased it lightly but the last photo doesn't have the depth like the Wips, the final product don't look as good as the last Wipe but it's pretty good already.

Thank you! I love art in TB and IRL, so I think I had a pretty good idea of what looks good and what doesn't when I started, and I definitely think that helped. The Toribash logo wasn't meant to look realistic, I drew it in less than a minute because I didn't want people to think "Hey, he says this is his second drawing but it's pretty ok, maybe hes just lying and maybe these aren't his drawings", so I made that logo thing and that signature whatever to show it was mine.

Tbh, I always thought that if I started drawing, I would be more into cartoony drawings and robot type drawings, but I think realistic drawings are what I like the most so far. (Haven't drawn much so I might find stuff later on that I enjoy drawing more)
you're on thin ice, pal
it's important to start out with realistic drawings anyways, since it can be applied to a more cartoony style later on. it doesnt work the other way around. also i think itd work better with your level right now. cartoony styles require more of a clean lineart than what you're doing now.

it's good to have a reference photo for drawings, however if you're copying the photo itself then theres not much of a learning curve. i dont mean tracing it, i mean drawing it exactly like the photo.

you should blend more. using your finger to do so is ok but you should really use a blending stump if youre not.

the top left corner of the iphone shows too much of its side, and makes the phone look bent. try putting stuff on the screen to practice perspective.

good start.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
Update: Three new drawings for yall to check out, I have an art class this trimester so I'll be posting here more frequently.

This if my third drawing, I layed a pencil on a peice of paper and drew it, it turned out okay imo, coulda worked more on the shading underneath and my overall lines but whatev

Pencil

This is my 4th drawing, its supposed to be a feather but its still a work in progress and will be finished eventually.

Feather

Aaaand this is my latest drawing, its a water droplet if you cant tell.

Wataaaa

Materials used for the pencil: No. 2 pencil, HB pencil, 2B pencil, 4B pencil, blending stump

Materials used for the feather so far: HB pencil, 2H pencil, 2B pencil

Materials used for water drop: 2B pencil, 4B pencil, H pencil, white charcoal, charcoal pencil, blending stump.

I dont have any pics of references that i used so rip

CnC please and ty
-----
resized the pics, idk why but i guess my phone's default pic size is that fucking big cuz i uploaded those pics from my phone
Last edited by Kozmonaut; Mar 17, 2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
you're on thin ice, pal
I think you need darker lines in the pencil and feather drawings but the water droplet is ALMOST there just needs a little darker tones

also where is the eraser on the pencil?

Pretty dank shitte though : )))))

keep up the good work :3
The pencil i was using didn't have an eraser, it looked like this but it had different branding etc, didn't wanna put the logos or designs on the drawing cuz i felt like it would make it look weird

you're on thin ice, pal