ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
DayZ Standalone (Currently in Alpha)

#DayZ

DayZ Standalone on Steam

Welcome to DayZ
(click for links to the website, devblog, and wikia)

About

DayZ is a multiplayer open world survival horror video game in development by Bohemia Interactive and the stand-alone version of the award-winning mod of the same name. The game was test-released on December 16, 2013, for Microsoft Windows via digital distribution platform Steam, and is currently in early alpha testing.

The game places the player in the fictional post-Soviet state of Chernarus, where an unknown virus has turned most of the population into violent zombies. As a survivor, the player must scavenge the world for food, water, weapons, and medicine, while killing or avoiding zombies, and killing, avoiding or co-opting other players in an effort to survive the zombie apocalypse.

DayZ began development in 2012 when the mod's creator, Dean Hall, joined Bohemia Interactive to work on it. The development has been focused on altering the engine to suit the game's needs, developing a working client-server architecture, and introducing new features like diseases and a better inventory system. The game has sold over 2 million copies since its alpha release.

Gameplay

The goal of DayZ is to stay alive during the conditions of the zombie apocalypse that has befallen the in-game world. The player begins on the coast of the map equipped with only simple clothes and a flashlight, and must begin exploring the large 225 km2 landscape to investigate locations such as houses, barns, and apartments to scavenge supplies.[1][2][3] These supplies include food and water, which are basic keys to prolonging the player's life.[4][5] Beyond the bare bones of survival, players can find various forms of clothing, which not only allow the player to customize their character, but can bring the benefit of extra storage space for supplies.[6] Also scattered around the map are a variety of weapons, allowing players to protect themselves from zombies or other players if necessary. Currently these are largely focused on a range of melee weapons, but a small number of firearms (more are to be implemented with future updates) are present, as well as various attachments such as bipods and telescopic sights.

While travelling around the game players can also find various medical supplies, as the environment poses a range of threats to their character. This includes diseases such as cholera, dysentery and hepatitis, which can be caught by ingesting dirty water or rotten food and must be cured with the appropriate medicine.[7][8] If a player is shot or otherwise hurt, items on their person may be damaged.[9] The player may also start bleeding and must be bandaged quickly to minimize blood loss; excessive damage or blood loss will result in serious deterioration of vision for the player and can render them unconscious. The game also includes hundreds of public domain books throughout the map for players to read, including titles such as War of the Worlds and Moby-Dick.[10]

Alpha

The game was released on 16 December 2013 during the alpha development stage through Steam's Early Access program at a cheaper price than when it is released fully.[44] The price will increase as development continues until reaching the full release price.[45] This alpha release is an early access build with a large amount of the features still in progress and the development team is targeting the release at an audience who want to be involved in what Hall called a "very barebones experience that is a platform for future development."[46]

tl;dr

open world survival milsim heavily based on the mod variant from arma 2. currently in alpha, and can be bought on steam for $30. goes on sale every now and again. give it a try.
Last edited by Faint; May 4, 2016 at 11:01 PM.
This is honestly one of the most hilarious games I have ever played, with people the run around and play random music, to full on fist brawls with about 30 people. My favorite part is gearing up and kidnapping 2 people and making them fight to the death. 10/10 game
Will pm anyone my steam account that wants to play.
Played this since it came out.
It is fun but its in so early alpha that it misses many things it should have.

The fun thing was when i bought this and played with couple friends.
I found a bottle of disinfectant spray and i noticed i could drink it.
Ofc i did.

I said that i'll be tripping in a moment to my friends kind like as a joke.
Well after a while i regretted that i drinked it.
My guy really started tripping and i still played about an hour with that char trying
find a cure with my friends but i ended up on some forest unconsious and he just
wouldn't get up.

fuck
Originally Posted by ㄣSmiter View Post
This is honestly one of the most hilarious games I have ever played, with people the run around and play random music, to full on fist brawls with about 30 people. My favorite part is gearing up and kidnapping 2 people and making them fight to the death. 10/10 game
Will pm anyone my steam account that wants to play.

I agree haha, the game is pretty unique and I really love running around fully geared and sniping people in Berezino from the trees.

Originally Posted by Zapekk View Post
Played this since it came out.
It is fun but its in so early alpha that it misses many things it should have.

The fun thing was when i bought this and played with couple friends.
I found a bottle of disinfectant spray and i noticed i could drink it.
Ofc i did.

I said that i'll be tripping in a moment to my friends kind like as a joke.
Well after a while i regretted that i drinked it.
My guy really started tripping and i still played about an hour with that char trying
find a cure with my friends but i ended up on some forest unconsious and he just
wouldn't get up.

Yeah, I really can't wait until it leaves alpha phase and gets further into development because this game really has a lot of potential. I remember the first time I found the disinfectant spray my first thought was NOT to drink it because I kept hearing that drinking that and the medical alcohol was very bad ;)
I'm actually in the middle of playing DayZ SA right now. In the SW Airfield at the moment on a 30 pop server. Pretty intense.
I'm not going to lie... You should boredom click this link to help me out <3 http://bloodxib.on.toribash.com/
Originally Posted by Bloodxib View Post
I'm actually in the middle of playing DayZ SA right now. In the SW Airfield at the moment on a 30 pop server. Pretty intense.

Sounds crazy, add me on steam "Nokturnall" and we can play later. I am currently fully geared and my character is around Berezino, but I won't be on for a bit. Playing experimental build atm
Faint: Currently like days away from getting my new PC.

I'll be down to play, as long as I can bring another friend that I got a PC for too , deal?

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Faint: Currently like days away from getting my new PC.

I'll be down to play, as long as I can bring another friend that I got a PC for too , deal?

Sounds great, add me on steam sometime and let me know, I'm usually up for it anytime.

Just registered the channel #DayZ for anyone that uses irc that wants to join

edit: as I edit this post right now I'm about to play stable servers with Liquidoom, join the irc if you want in!

edit 2: we walked around confused for about an hour lost, finally found ourselves and made it up to the north-east airfield above berezino. we didn't find much but I got my first ever kill on a dude with my mosin and we looted a hospital and found an m4 and sks. we're taking a small break right now but getting back on soon, if anyone wants to join the fun, join the irc

edit 3: we walked over to the large airfield and ended up not really finding anything, not even players. we were about to loot the hangars when liquid got shot by someone and died. i sat there for around 5 minutes looking for the person, and eventually found someone but missed the shot. i went to loot liquid's body and log out in-case a hacker did it but i died right as i got to him.

rip us
Last edited by Faint; May 23, 2014 at 08:26 PM.
DayZ... The shittiest, buggiest, most irritating game I have ever played just so happens to be the most adventurous , interesting and addictive game I have ever played... I just can't put it down 10/10. This game is a favorite of mine right up there with GTA 5, if anyone fancies a session of kicking ass on DayZ be it at north-west or by the coast, hardcore or regular just PM me.
Also my steam is SaggySackSam and I usually play with friends
Cheap ass steam games,https://www.g2a.com/r/samuel_night