Ranking
I don't like that either but I think it's to prevent your self from getting bored. Because if you went in to every server level 60 yoy would have a head start and make it no fun.
Im not playing it anymore for multiple reasons :

1. My internet is to bad for MP Modes - R.I.P me
2. The Performance is ... not that good - i got a decent computer but the Perfomance is pretty low altough they handled it a bit.
3. Taming High LVL Dinos takes ages.... yeah taming a dodo no problem taming a Spinosaurus ...
4. Level Up takes AGES - I dont got time to play 3 hours a day to get 1 Level Up :<
Just make loads of substances with the pastel and mortar it awards a lot of xp. The dinos if you teed them kibble they tame a lot quicker.
if anyone still plays this game, we (gynx) have purchased a server and are looking for some people to get on and test the stability. for now, we've set the rates at 5x exp, tame, and harvest, max wild dino is level 150 and max player level is 100. these may vary in the future, but these are the rates we've chosen based on past experiences with the game. we've been bringing the server up and down to fix some things and are finally ready to leave it up for as long as possible. gynx has the server set to reset every 24 hours at 5am gmt 0 but this may change in the future, we have currently been playing for nearly an hour on the server and experiencing no lag, desync, etc.

if anyone is interested in playing, you should be able to find the server by filtering "man mode" into the server list, should say "MAN MODE | PvPvE | 5x ALL". if you can't find it, go to steam - view - servers - add a server and try to connect to 151.80.99.159:27042. there is also a steam group if you click here which is where we will post updates, important info, etc. and anyone else can post about mods or things they think the server would benefit from or ask questions, etc.

we are considering opening up a discord if the server gets any attention, but gynx and i are available if anyone needs help connecting to the server or whatever. anyone is free to join, everyone should come check it out.

hey also i figured it may have a good idea to create an irc channel for the game, feel free to join #ark if you'd prefer to talk on irc or something.
Last edited by Faint; Apr 15, 2016 at 11:37 PM.
We've had some dudes join the server recently, not sure if it's any of you but if you wanna check it out it'll more than likely stay up.
collect snots from the nose
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
if anyone still plays this game, we (gynx) have purchased a server and are looking for some people to get on and test the stability. for now, we've set the rates at 5x exp, tame, and harvest, max wild dino is level 60 and max player level is 100. these may vary in the future, but these are the rates we've chosen based on past experiences with the game. we've been bringing the server up and down to fix some things and are finally ready to leave it up for as long as possible. gynx has the server set to reset every 24 hours at 5am gmt 0 but this may change in the future, we have currently been playing for nearly an hour on the server and experiencing no lag, desync, etc.

if anyone is interested in playing, you should be able to find the server by filtering "man mode" into the server list, should say "MAN MODE | PvPvE | 5x ALL". if you can't find it, go to steam - view - servers - add a server and try to connect to 151.80.99.159:27042. there is also a steam group if you click here which is where we will post updates, important info, etc. and anyone else can post about mods or things they think the server would benefit from or ask questions, etc.

we are considering opening up a discord if the servers get any attention, but gynx and i are available if anyone needs help connecting to the server or whatever. anyone is free to join, everyone should come check it out.

hey also i figured it may have a good idea to create an irc channel for the game, feel free to join #ark if you'd prefer to talk on irc or something.

I'd play, but I only PvE usually... got bored of losing all my shit over and over :v
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
I'd play, but I only PvE usually... got bored of losing all my shit over and over :v

that's fine, but we find that the game gets extremely repetitive and boring when you reach end-game level and are limited to PvE. the advantages to PvP is that it gives players in our server more room to do whatever they please and makes players think twice before just leaving their dinos out in the sun where anyone can come and kill them or leaving a bunch of good supplies in a wooden structure that can be broken into very easily.

i like PvE as well, but without PvP the game would grow boring very quickly and i think this game benefits the best from a mixture of both.

dengue: cool, glad to hear someone is interested, hope to see you online