Toribash
Original Post
Stellaris

Latest grand strategy (lite?) by your boys at Paradox Interactive.

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Create your species. Select your empire's ethos and policies. Begin your quest for galatic domination. Oh, and 32 man multiplayer.

--

As a fan of almost everything PI does at this point, I'm gonna play the shit out of this game. Can't wait to see the post launch support that will definitely nickel and dime me more than my student debt.
collect snots from the nose
Yes. My dick is rock hard. I've lost countless hours in PI games, I'd say around 3000h overall. I'm kinda out of funds atm so I plan to wait for a sale but eh, won't happen, I'll probably buy it during next week and eat nothing but rice for another one.
retired
I just spent my last few hours watching these guys play and I'm fucking hooked, getting this game as soon as I can.
The only objection I have is the planet administration thing, I think it could be better, but I think the variety of the rest of the content out-weights that.

shit I'm having an orgasm
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
Oh, and 32 man multiplayer.

INSERT INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE HERE
PM me if you need anything
Paid for and downloading. Not going to play until next week or so though, too many exams going on.

Cosplaying as Dark Souls 'shrooms. 1 punch KO empire here we come.
i'm pretty reluctant but it looks like it could be sorta fun, i don't know. usually these sorts of games go to shit when they go all futuristic and into space, not to mention the $40 pricetag. if it's as good at ck2 then i might give it a go, giving me weird vibes though because i literally haven't heard about this game once until today which is the same time it released.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
i'm pretty reluctant but it looks like it could be sorta fun, i don't know. usually these sorts of games go to shit when they go all futuristic and into space, not to mention the $40 pricetag. if it's as good at ck2 then i might give it a go, giving me weird vibes though because i literally haven't heard about this game once until today which is the same time it released.

It's CKII lite with borrowed mechanics from EU. It's definitely not the shit show that Civ 5 is/was (who honestly kept up with that game anyway) and I've gotta say that as someone who is pretty tough to get on the "yay space" strategy type games this shit has got me pumped. I've been following the development for a while now and it's the closest thing to CKII that they're going to release until CKIII (which is probably going to happen in the next couple years seeing as they're working on a bunch of their IPs even now, namely HoI4 and M&B2). That said, there's no harm in waiting. Paradox have a proven track record for showering their games in post launch support so the later you hop on the better it'll probably be, haha.
fuck sake, i just bought it

i don't know why but reading some of the steam reviews really made me want to play it

still sorta reluctant cuz you never know with these sorts of games but i guess it was worth the purchase, will update this post whenever i get around to playing.
I'm planning to get it maybe next week or even later on. I'm guessing espionage, trading will be added at a later time, which is kind of a bummer, but still.
Anybody who got it and has played it, please give updates.
Modo Bestia
The game broke Pardox's day 1 sales record. Seems like there's a lot to be said about making grand strategy games more accessible, huh? I won't be surprised if they end up beating that with Mount & Blade though.