Toribash
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

showdown_s2_01_a-env_04_b.tbm

I am sincerely sorry about the name (kinda)

know that cheesy scene from anime where two dudes rush at each other with swords and they cut each other open? they exchange words afterwards and then one just guy falls flat

Kinda went for that with this, you and your opponent take a mad rush at each other in a short and aggressive match

I plan on making weapons dq later, and will probably do more tuning with the force in the beginning of the match

also, probably the last nagamaki wip.

----nagamaki_s4_final_001.tbm

Im going to do some bug testing and release the final soon I think
Last edited by pouffy; Aug 23, 2016 at 07:50 PM.
I wanna play these with you at some point, what's your GMT?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Absolutely, that sounds like fun

GMT - 5 ish

also, I forgot to link the latest nagamaki wip here. Just linked in my last post, will probably be the last wip before I release the final

hello hello

in my everlasting search for the pinnacle of striking esports, i whipped up pfy_shuwip01.tbm

Pretty extensive features list, hold onto your pants

Features

It's pretty much an amalgamation of everything I've ever done with a few fun twists (i.e. using a few trigger tricks Odlov & DashSora discovered + picking up an idea of having fracs and making those fracs give 0 points. just a performance punishment instead of a compounding point punishment) and polished to a much higher degree than any of my previous attempts at striking mods. There are a couple replays attached at the bottom of this post, one showcasing a decap (the only dismemberment realistically possible) with Odlov's decap trigger and the other just showing how general gameplay can look.
Attached Files
Strike Test.rpl (96.8 KB, 7 views)
Strike Test Decap.rpl (52.7 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by pouffy; Oct 5, 2016 at 10:11 AM.
Looking good Pouffy Hope you don't mind some CC though.

I really like angled walls, they make wall-jumps easier. Only problem is, you can't do much of a wall-jump with that lattice in the way. I realize the lattice is a major feature of this mod and that it enables some different play-styles, but personally I find it a tad distracting and limiting. Now that you may grip the lattice, does it have to be a lattice in the first place? Wouldn't a flat surface do more or less the same thing? The grid shape doesn't seem to add much with grips enabled. If it was me I'd lose the lattice and make the ceiling itself grabable; that would still allow for acrobatic kicks but not obscure your vision and (depending on how much you lower the ceiling) allow more freedom of movement.

Good job though; you're thinking outside the box and your mods are becoming more and more sophisticated.
Aaa yes CnC is the best thing you could possibly do

I've always been worried about the lattice obscuring vision. It's both necessary and pretty distracting. I'll see if I can tinker with the color more to make it less obnoxious.

Although, I don't suppose I often say why I chose a lattice

big image

The whole mod environment in this one is basically a wealth of different angles to aid in maneuverability and quick efficient comebacks. Angles always felt to me like a huge part in planning and executing comebacks quickly and efficiently, so I thought of the idea of the lattice as a way to provide a far wider variety of utilizable ankles when kicking off of objects from a wider range of distances from the surface of the object.

Simple ceilings were always a pain for me to try to plan come backs off of, since I needed to be so close to the ceiling to move in a more horizontal direction. A protruding grid alleviated my issues with that. The fact that it allowed you to 'grab' onto it to swing without really grabbing was more of an extra benefit than a central feature, to me.

I'll see if I can do anything extra to give a bit more headspace without making it more difficult to transition between the lattice and the floor, though. If freedom of movement feels like an issue I'll need to find a way to fix that.
Well, it's your call. Another idea is to make the ceiling a blunt-angled hexagonal cone, since a little slope might be helpful for comebacks.
This is really interesting. I will try this now.

I like that you played with the damage points, and the environment seem really interesting.
-----
Note: Forgot to turn off grab on body..you can grab your opponent's body parts
Last edited by William; Oct 7, 2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Your messed up world enthrills me
Update of last mod:

imkulw.tbm

Changelog

Features

Both an optimization and a fix of the last one. Grip shouldn't work at all on body parts, plus all kinds of different changes described above

This is a pain from phone
Last edited by pouffy; Oct 20, 2016 at 01:02 AM.
hey hey hey guess who's back

big, very large, very good updates to acroshu and twinkido. go check those out in the OP, dowload em, play em, etc. etc.

I've also done a bit of work with the OP. I'll be doing more work in the next few days here getting everything updated, and I'll be adding some more mods to it.

Also, I've decided I want to start sharing some of the templates I've made for myself. Shit like point distributions, density distributions, custom dojos, etc. I'll be adding those to the OP over the next few days as well.
-----
I've added 6 very simple environmental templates to the modtools section. Hexagonal boxed dojos of various sizes. Enjoy.
Last edited by pouffy; Dec 11, 2017 at 12:49 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump