Toribash
Original Post
What is your favorite book and why?
I’m trying to read more, and could use some recommendations, so please talk about your favorite book and what you like about it.

(im)

i'm new to reading and i haven't read much but out of what i read i'd say count of monte cristo gotta be my favorite so far.
its a good story, read it if you haven't yet.
Last edited by Alpha; Apr 18, 2019 at 03:05 AM.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
Hester the Jester (kids book)
It's my favorite book because it was the first book I ever read.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Expeditionary Force is a my favorite series atm.

It’s a sci-fi series and has a lot of comedic elements without being a straight comedy. It has a really interesting but not overwhelming plot and the world building is well done.

As for single book I just finished Catch 22 and it was pretty good.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
My favorite book is a book called Night by Eli Wiesel, why? Well because its like one of the only books I've ever been able to sit through and read that isn't a kids book.

It is a story about a boy and his dad surviving the holocaust in Auschwitz. Really good read, and really gripping story.
Allen carr's easy way to stop smoking. I've struggled so much with smoking and quit it after reading the book a few times. I'm 8 months clean now and I'm eternally grateful to the author for putting together such a masterpiece.
Putting some of them here without a particular order:

- Ten little indians: absurdly good story from Agatha Christie. 10 people on an island and a murderer. Read it all in 1 day.
- The Name of the Rose: great story from Umberto Eco. Thriller set in a convent, the aura of mystery is just amazing.
- The Lord of the Rings: you've probably seen the films, but the books are top tier too.
- Lord of the Flies: political allegory. A group of kids is stuck on an island after a plane crash and they have to organize their own survival. It's great to see how the group develops and how much shit starts raining.
- The strange case of Dr.Jeckil and Mr.Hide: a classic, not very long. Really interesting book.
- It: masterpiece from Stephen King. If you've seen the movie then be warned that the book is 1000 times better than that shit. The mystery and terror behind the figure of It is simply breathtaking.
- The martian: great and interesting story that mixes very well science with a compelling plot. I read it after seeing the film and I still enjoyed it a lot.
- Blindness: peculiar style of writing but wow this book is great. Suddenly most of humanity becomes blind except a very few, society falls apart and you get thrown in a twisted and very crude story. Definitely one of the best books I've read.
- Under the Dome: another one from Stephen King. A dome suddenly covers a small city, no one can get in or out. Super interesting one.