Ranking
ATT:
Added a rule regarding plagiarism, i really didnt think it was neccesary to point it out.
Brought about by the number of complaints regarding stolen replays.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Got rid of a few sticky threads.
Links to the custom shader thread, 3D megathread and unibash can now be found in the usefull threads index.
Yup going to CnC your rules again

Firstly, I think the format of the rules is kind of bad, perhaps consider using the same format as the Global Rules. They are really well formatted, and I don't like having a different format for every subforum.

"Cap you're Images"
Perhaps "Cap your images"

I don't think CnC should be the only kind of post allowed. I think the reason why non-CnC was originally dis-allowed was because of 1 word or short posts. Perhaps simply disallow them (as they are in the Global Rules anyway). Review posts, of sorts, should be allowed. I know this doesn't come up often but I think it should be said.

I still don't like the necro rule with only 2 days limit. Not only because that gaurantees the 3D megathread will die, but because it is too short. Sometimes I can't get on for a day or 2 or am busy. Should I be required to make a new thread just to reply to some posts? It is very extreme. Besides, this is in the Global Rules already, so it is redundant.

Rename the MS paint rule, because people just call it the MS paint rule...

And, as you may guess, I still don't like the tags rule... What is the point of a rule that's only purpose is to make sure people read the rules? Seems pointless. Especially as constricted as it is, it has lost all of it's original intent that Stonewall had. I think you still remember so no need to remind you of that, but in the current form I see no need for it.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Yup going to CnC your rules again

Yay

Firstly, I think the format of the rules is kind of bad, perhaps consider using the same format as the Global Rules. They are really well formatted, and I don't like having a different format for every subforum.

Agree/disagree. It would be nice to see all the sub forums look a bit more similar, but at the same time, there is no real need for that and every sub forum is ran by a different person(s)

"Cap you're Images"
Perhaps "Cap your images"

Grammar nazi.

I don't think CnC should be the only kind of post allowed. I think the reason why non-CnC was originally dis-allowed was because of 1 word or short posts. Perhaps simply disallow them (as they are in the Global Rules anyway). Review posts, of sorts, should be allowed. I know this doesn't come up often but I think it should be said.

Again, agree/disagree. A lot of people get away with none cnc post in the art board and they are basically harmless. Though the art mods try their best to encourage cnc to help people who actually ask for it get so they can improve.

I still don't like the necro rule with only 2 days limit. Not only because that gaurantees the 3D megathread will die, but because it is too short. Sometimes I can't get on for a day or 2 or am busy. Should I be required to make a new thread just to reply to some posts? It is very extreme. Besides, this is in the Global Rules already, so it is redundant.

Considering it's a mega thread and the OP will probably not post there again, i think it's something that the mods will give you a pass on if your posting something worth while. But there is no real point in posting in an art thread that is 2 days old unless your the op.

Rename the MS paint rule, because people just call it the MS paint rule...

Wat

And, as you may guess, I still don't like the tags rule... What is the point of a rule that's only purpose is to make sure people read the rules? Seems pointless. Especially as constricted as it is, it has lost all of it's original intent that Stonewall had. I think you still remember so no need to remind you of that, but in the current form I see no need for it.

If it is serving as a rule for people to actually read the rules, then that's good.
Beyond that i don't see any real point besides keeping this sub forum nice and tidy, kinda.

Alsohiiloveyougorman<3<3<3
Aka jusmi.
the CnC rule can basically be summarised into "no shitposts"
we dont kill people for good posts that arent entirely ontopic.
will revise the rule, been meaning to reword it for a while.

necro thread rule is pretty lax and is only infracted in more serious cases like month old bumps etc.
the mega thread, well, maybe read my post there :| i did say i wouldnt go mad.

tags serve their purpose, i think we have too many, was happy with [art] [tex] [vid]
might do something about that. it helps point out those who havent read the rules.

rest of the comments... meh.
ive added as i thought was neccesary along the way. will look at them sometime, make sure everythings chilled.
I like the layout. seeing as we have never had any complaints befor, i dont see the need to change them.
Last edited by BenDover; Oct 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM.
Hai Doxxy!

The thing about the CnC and necro rules is, although you for it, you don't enforce it that way.
Eg "No non-CnC posts"-> "No shit posting"
"no 2 day necro"-> "no 1 month necro"

So why not just say that in the first place?
"You are not allowed to make shitty posts. Yes, we get to decide if your posts are shit or not"
"Do not bump a thread that has not been posted in for more than 2 weeks"
And then actually enforce the rules as they are written!

Original purpose of tags was to make it easy to find threads with the kind of art you like, eg [Sketch] or [Painting]. Why not revisit that? At the moment the tags don't really help sort the threads any better. Especially the [art] tag, but I already ranted about how useful I think an [art] tag is in an art subforum, so I won't again... But even [vid] encompasses a giant amount of types of art.

I saw your post in the mega thread BenDover, but like I said, it is technically breaking a rule even if you say it is ok!

About the MS paint rule, people just say "the MS paint rule" so people think MS paint is not allowed. It is under shit posting anyway right ;)

OMG YOU DIDN'T FIX "YOU'RE"
:P
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
I wish people would listen to me more often and just do as I tell them to. Just install a thread icon restriction addon to the forums, force people that are posting here to choose a thread icon before they are allowed to post. Make tons of thread icons. Problem solved and we never again have to change the thread title because they missed the tag.

Told you guys this years ago :|
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
You can say that withouth using a tag.
Tags are used to distinguish types of work.
[JollyR] [GATA]
I removed them from the rules a few months back.
Didnt think they were necessary.