ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Toribash Newspaper!
Main Idea
there could be new post naming off events that's happened, in example like the winner of an etourney, maybe a player that got banned, it could also be used to publicize events from a player like a self hosted tournament. The newspaper idea could also be used to tease new things coming to the game and with proper formatting and stuff it could be a really cool thing for the site. It could be a great way to get people more involved in the Toribash community and maybe even open up a new position on the toribash staff team; maybe Toribash reporters?

it's already been addressed that there's a news thread but I'm talking about something more immersed into the community than that and even custom art and formatting like an actual newspaper
Last edited by billy; Apr 28, 2018 at 12:57 AM.
Plottin' on me! They're plottin' on me!
DropKick | R.I.P. [JollyR] | [RelaxAll]
we used to have that. the original worked pretty well.

was attempted to revive several times and died down within weeks everytime, but as the gain is non existing for the people the effort isn't worth it mostly.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
yeah yeah, but summer is coming up so activity will be up. I dont know I just like the idea, it'd be something I looked forward to
As unicorn said, there used to be a newspaper and a press team (check Tonakais staff list in off topic).
Might be a good idea but I’m not sure about it’s popularity or even if it will be useful
[sigpic][/sigpic]
I'm sure with the right team of people and the right publicizing it could work out maybe, even if it has failed multiple times
thats what they said everytime.

its not worth it the work for the peopl participating.
it at the very least could be made as a part of a staff group, as they're willing to regularly put effort into it.
but then, there is no staff group which would make alot of sense to do that, maybe ES but eh, that isn't really our job.

whats the gain for the people who do that? selling copies of it for tc? doubt anyone is going to buy it.
if, then not nearly the amount of tc to make it worth, compared to the amount of work that went into it.

youre free to do one on your own, nothing official, get an artist pay him for the art get info by yourself. im sure staff are up to interview's and the like if you really want to have a newspaper.

the times have passed, people dont want to put effort into stuff they have no benefit from.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken