Toribash
Original Post
Color Username
I have a suggestion that what if you can pay idk $5-10 to change the color of your username.

The reason is because I'm getting bored of this dark boring red username color and it wont fit my forum set. I know that it will confuse us with the mods but maybe that can be fixed. but let me know how you feel, I can add more info in what I'm talking about
~#1 Shittiest Shitposter of TP 2016~
Tori-Agent
https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2206760_23.gif
Ex Co-Leader of Origin
Adding a drop shadow or even enlarging the moderators name would help
Some detail to make sure that noobies know that this person is authority is all the difference really
Eternal Godlike Presence
yea but even thou, the $10 thing was a example. idk it could be $2 USD because of reasons that may very, so it isnt a lot of money and can be used with the confusion.
~#1 Shittiest Shitposter of TP 2016~
Tori-Agent
https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2206760_23.gif
Ex Co-Leader of Origin
This is a conveyance thing. There are many many ways to customize your forum profile, and even more ways if you shell out the money for Toriprime and Toriprime VIP extension. Coloring of names shouldn't be touched. We should strive to make it easy as possible to identify staff from regular users. If I need an admin, I should be able to easily scroll down to the bottom of the page, locate the one or two people who have red names, and click on one to send a PM. I shouldn't have to face an eyesore maze of orange, dark crimson red, brownish colors, clashing with purple, pink, and other colors that aren't staff associated at the moment.

The juice is simply not worth the squeeze on this. I'd be happier with font changes for your name and statistics such as belt and join date then color change. It's too much.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Of course it's a convenience thing. He wants a blue name to match his set.

In my personal preference. I like it, but prefer the normality of everyone having red names unless being some sort of administrator in a department more.

Even if everyone having blue names, it just doesn't sit right.
For instance, my set up is black and white. I prefer neutral colors. A black name would look best with mine. Yet, it shouldn't matter. I should just apply for clan mod if I want that.

In which, I think this may be why you applied for SMod in the first place.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Of course it's a convenience thing. He wants a blue name to match his set.

In my personal preference. I like it, but prefer the normality of everyone having red names unless being some sort of administrator in a department more.

Even if everyone having blue names, it just doesn't sit right.
For instance, my set up is black and white. I prefer neutral colors. A black name would look best with mine. Yet, it shouldn't matter. I should just apply for clan mod if I want that.

In which, I think this may be why you applied for SMod in the first place.

The word I used was conveyance, not convenience. The easier it is for an idea to be explained or understandable, the better. In a game like Toribash, where you have all sorts of age groups using the forums, it's good to make things simple. It's good to have the staff clearly separated from the rest of it's members and easy to locate. Giving that up isn't worth the small satisfaction of players getting to change their name colors simply because it fits their forum set better. Of course I'm not advocating for people to apply for jobs in the Toribash community just to get the color they are after, that's downright silly.

Let's pretend for a second that you monitored the color selection to make hues available that aren't used by staff. First off: you now limit what colors staff can use to distinguish themselves if a new usergroup or position needs to be created (View this thread to see just how many colors staff has already used:

Staff

If you scroll down you'll see how there's over 80 users registered. Imagine if a great deal of those players had just an avalanche of skittle-drizzled usernames. It would be an eye-sore. Imagine if you were posting in a thread, saw a user had a darkish green or light green name and had a scam report? Maybe you'd accidentally send it to him thinking he's a Market Squad member. Maybe you get staff impersonation problems.

The point is, for 8 years now colored names have been exclusively used for staff only. The one time that wasn't the case, was pointed out by Solax, and it caused a head ache of problems. And that only was with a few users of a small community. Creating a resurgence of that problem for no reason isn't worth it.

Hopefully that makes sense. I just really think that one of the staff's strongest tools is identifying themselves from the regular user, and anything that can be done that creates confusion around that better be really worth it. To this day - people still ask Torilegends to host tournaments because they see their colored usernames in-game and think they are GMs/Trial GMs. It's not even uncommon for people to be confused when they see an old-schooler's "+" symbol. But I love all ideas that inspire more creativity in forum sets
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Jan 21, 2016 at 06:29 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Take a look here http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=330401

see how many colours are used?
It'd be very difficult to have a colored username without confusing many people.

Why not provide a function that allows people to change the color of all the text under their avatars? It doesn't lead to -much- confusion, and it would really allow lots of people to get these super-specific forum sets.
I think I might be retired.
Mmmm I honestly don't like the idea of people changing their Username's color for free or for TC/USD. Like its been stated before, the colored names are currently used to represent staff position and Legends so that people can easily locate important people that might be able to help them with issues.

Though here is something similar that you might like. What if you could pay TC/USD to have the right to edit a secondary color and Font on your username also changing the color of usernames in the forum to Black (because red sucks ass as a primary for text). Something like this. Spoiler down below for examples

Usernames

By letting regular players only edit the Secondary color as I've shown this allows them to customize their profile/Character even more and get their own identity, but it does not effect the solid Username colors like the Staff has. If we did it this way you would still be able to tell players apart from staff and Legends.

This idea can also be implemented with the clans. Clans could pay TC to have their In-Game clan tags colored to increase their clan's personal identity even more.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
There are other ways to do it too. The place I chose to put the secondary color was behind the text as the Glow around it, but there are infinite ways to apply a secondary color. So its just choosing a method you like really.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •