Ranking
Originally Posted by omegadark1 View Post
I want Roy back

Aha no.

Roy was only in Melee to advertise the game he was in.

Regarding Ike, his moveset will probably be smoother when it comes to chaining attacks and such. SSBB Ike was really good for smash attacks and beginners, but I personally thought he was a bit clunky.
im so hype for this game, cant even say. im gonna get a wiiU just for this one, and mb mario kart
They can get rid of Marth.

he's gey

I think Ike's attacks are a bit heavy too.
私の顔にそれを言う。
Ike was amazing in first smash bros but he was WAY to op.

I hope they give other characters some strong suits because I would pick Kirby and Ike would destroy me...How could you hurt kirby .-.
Originally Posted by jdawg2001 View Post
Ike was amazing in first smash bros but he was WAY to op.

I hope they give other characters some strong suits because I would pick Kirby and Ike would destroy me...How could you hurt kirby .-.

there's your problem.

And Ike was pretty bad. His moves are easily read and have huge recovery times. If you were getting hit by him, you deserve the pain because you were either outplayed hard or you suck at dodging

Marth was significantly more powerful, even when they gimped his damage, because he moved at light character speeds with medium character weight, but hit with either heavy or medium character strength (depending on melee or brawl) with light character speeds and heavy character ranges.

They've probably brought it in line by making him a light character and/or bringing down his damage to keep in line with his high speed, high range moveset.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I'm so hyped for lil' mac, I hope he has different dodging and blocking mechanics that'll make him mechanically more challenging but stronger
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
there's your problem.

And Ike was pretty bad. His moves are easily read and have huge recovery times. If you were getting hit by him, you deserve the pain because you were either outplayed hard or you suck at dodging

Marth was significantly more powerful, even when they gimped his damage, because he moved at light character speeds with medium character weight, but hit with either heavy or medium character strength (depending on melee or brawl) with light character speeds and heavy character ranges.

They've probably brought it in line by making him a light character and/or bringing down his damage to keep in line with his high speed, high range moveset.

Hi Oracle! You appear to be one of the few here who actually aren't just "neighborhood hero" class players lol.

Marth's damage was gimped a bit but he still had sweet spotted smashes which made his KO ability really strong comparative to how fast his moves come out. Like you mentioned: Ike is incredibly slow, but at least faster than Ganondorf with equally punishing moves. The lack of Aerial game for Ike really is what made him useless though. King DeDeDe proved you can be slow as mess and still be great if you have a good aerial game.

Had a smash night last night with my older brother and my brother in law. Was a lot of fun.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I only know what I know because I've been curbstomped too often by people with actual talent :s closest I came to winning anything smash bros. related was a highschool brawl tournament, and I lost in the final 4 against my training partner in a favorable matchup of falco v pit. I'm still mad at myself for panicing and whiffing my air back a and getting wrecked because of it, literally the fuck up that made a guaranteed win into a humiliating loss.

And game knowledge is my counter-balance to actual skill. I couldn't keep pace with melee players, I had to rely on keep away tactics because I couldn't keep up with a rush down v rush down matchup. Many a game was lost to asshole capt. falcon knees. Training with the aforementioned person helped me pick up falco and sheik in melee, and add dedede in brawl, but I still have to rely a lot on zoning and game sense because my reaction time is just slightly too slow to react to most medium weight characters.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I like Ike with the B attack because how high he gets knocked in the air gives him time to charge that up as well as his forward B attack which is actually quite fast
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
I like Ike with the B attack because how high he gets knocked in the air gives him time to charge that up as well as his forward B attack which is actually quite fast

Ike's horizontal recovery is predictable and vertical recovery has essentially 0 horizontal component.

There's still little reason to choose him. If you like super solid jab combos, snake packs that same punch but is far safer of an option. If you like to punish people for their mistakes, there are few things more punishing than getting grabbed by the Ice Climbers, and if you like to play a dude with a sword, Meta Knight and Marth are far better.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!