Toribash
Original Post
help to land tricks
Hi my problem is im mostly landing with my hips and knees contracted... and if i do its hard to get into other tricks please help!
I the king of all Dogs
you dont have to land like that you can always land with only your knees contracted and a glute extended, or you can use a arm to balance your self if your trick has alot of momentum and you cant land perfectly
Huh yeah but i like to make it more clean and do another trick right after perhaps it will give more swing thru so its easier
I the king of all Dogs
The easirst move to follow up with a swing thru is probably flash kicks, and for those kicks you wouldnt want to horse stance
How I learned to combo tricks is by learning how to do more tricks. So basically take the time to learn how to do tricks and repeat them a lot and learn what joint are really important to use for the trick. Once you have learned different tricks, it will come naturally. It's kinda hard to explain the learning process for tricking but just keep practicing is the best advice I could ever give you.

Also take a look at the tricktionary. That has a ton of tricks on there and example videos of what the tricks are. Practice off those.
Originally Posted by DogSpike View Post
Hi my problem is im mostly landing with my hips and knees contracted... and if i do its hard to get into other tricks please help!

Try relaxing and holding your knees more and using your arms for momentum. Works for me anyways.
Last edited by Mystery; Feb 22, 2015 at 04:42 PM.