Toribash
bojan, bojan, BOJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
Your messed up world enthrills me
'Powas, you're an ass for always telling I can't or I won't finish x or y and I'm sure I will'.
>mfw this happens again
We still love you, bojan.
Last edited by Powas; Jul 17, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
retired
Vacation coming soon, so... Are you in some kind of a hurry?
Chill out. This is just one of the obscure forums I hardly check anymore because nothing exciting is happening.

Btw, what is the name of this move?

Uhm Bojan ... may you show a tut on how you make these cards games n stuff

PS. The name of that move it's called "Headscissor Takedown"
Erm, I'm still perfecting the fight flow. Some major changes happened to the game engine and rules.

I'm trying to make it more strategic. So, beside luck (which card you will get) fighters also can use their wits to outsmart the opponent.

Changes are as follows:

- much less points to spend on player characteristics (much less HP thus faster battles)
- some player characteristics are removed, now there is only: SPEED, ENDURANCE, STRENGTH and FOCUS. FOCUS is now special characteristics and it is used to amplify some parts of player skills from battle to battle (example: in one battle you may put focus on your hand technique and all your hand attacks will do more damage, while in other battle you may put focus on your body (ENDURANCE) and your hit absorption will be better, etc...)
- adding visual battleground for every fight (background, players, enemies, their HP and status, place of focus and damage tokens, etc) which is refresh-able through dropbox thus players can track the flow of the fight just by looking at the battle screen)
- game mechanics are changed drastically. Now every fighter has predetermined actions that he can execute no matter if he has cards in his hand. Cards are now just a sort of amplifier as his special technique. There are still wushu styles (presented by cards), but player can fight without them (although he will be like basic brawler, basically without any technique). So, wushu styles presented as cards are there to make fighter better making his fighting style more unique.
- major changes in cards design and look
- inventory (of three items only: apparel/armor, consumables/potions, weapons)
- new way of leveling character
- new dice system (only three states: flawless | moderate | fail ) (example: flawless kick will do full damage, moderate just a half, fail is a total miss of target)
- combo is now presented as mix of two cards. Any cards can be mixed into combo making a potentially endless types of combos
- precise targeting now can only be done if enemy is stunned
- damage that makes parts of players body broken (and not usable anymore during a fight) can be done now only through combo mix: crushing blow + [any other card] (number of crushing blow cards is restricted - only 2 in whole deck)
- players can die only in fight against bosses, in regular fights (PVP also) the worst case scenario is either broken bone or Knocked out & beaten up)

That's it for now.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Nov 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Battle Screen

To explain, first the characteristics of players on screen:

Light player:

STRENGTH = 3
ENDURANCE = 3
SPEED = 2
FOCUS = 2

Red player:

STRENGTH = 2
ENDURANCE = 2
SPEED = 4
FOCUS = 2

As you can see, now you only have 10 points to assign to these 4 characteristics.

Number in circle close to light player hands is his attacking damage. Basically, STRENGTH = ATTACKING DAMAGE, so for him its 3 and for red player is 2.
Same goes for their attacking damage that they can deal with legs (number in circle close to legs)

Behind players, that blue number is RETALIATION DAMAGE. Since this is basic brawling (aka swing fists and hope for the best) each time player attack, his enemy will counter-attack. So, no saving from damage, no blocks in basic brawl.
If light player deals 3 damage to red player, at the same time red player will deal 2 damage to light player.

This RETALIATION DAMAGE is connected with players SPEED. For each 2 points of speed, you get 1 point of retaliation damage. It is rounded to smaller number so no 1.5, 2.5 etc retaliation damage.

That number behind players heads is their HP. It is calculated as:
(STRENGTH + ENDURANCE) x 3
When HP reaches zero player is knocked out, unconscious.

FOCUS is used and presented as tokens (they are not on image right now). Number of FOCUS = number of tokens.
Players place these tokens on those circles making their attacks, retaliations or combos better. In this case, if the light player would place one token on his attacks with hands, and other on his retaliation, his hand attacks would be enlarged by 1 point. Same for his retaliation damage. This is for basic brawling, but also FOCUS empowers cards that are used for attacks, combos and retaliation.

If light player use a card that presents some wushu style attack that is done by hands, that card will have their attack damage enlarge by +1. etc... Cards deal much better damage anyway, but extra point can sometimes mean the difference between life and death.

COMBOS.
You can see that 2 placeholders for two cards with jing-jang simbol above players.
This is where you 'mix' your cards making a combo. Combo is basically combined damage of two cards.
Placing two cards face down (so the enemy can't see what it is) cost 2 action points.
Regularly, every player has 2 action points. You use these points to do some stuff during your turn.
You can:
- brawl attack and draw new card or
- brawl attack 2 times during your turn

Playing a card from your hand also cost 2 action points (unless it is a blocking or counter card!), so players should be wise with their decisions.

Anyway, when you place two cards on the combo placeholders, they stay there until player decide to use them. Combo can be stopped only if other player plays counter card from his hand after the combo is executed. Otherwise, full damage of both cards will be dealt to enemy.
Blocking cards can't stop COMBO!

Now, about cards... There are 4 types of those:

ATTACKING (that use one hand, both hands, one leg or both legs)
BLOCKING (they stop attack, sometimes they also deal damage, depends of the style)
COUNTER (their purpose is only to stop COMBO cards, and if used successfully they will make attacking player STUNNED!)
SPECIAL (cards with special properties that can help player in some ways, or undermine his enemy during turns)

The last thing in image is those three white blocks under each player. Those are item placeholders. As I said, players can wear some armor or apparel, carry weapons or healing potions. Weapons and apparel/armor have constant attributes during the fight, while healing potions can be used once, after they are 'spent' and they must be resupplied.

Weapons and apparel/armor can be bought or won in fights.

Also, it is still possible to target body parts and deal precise damage. So, with one broken arm, every card that needs both hands to be used is discarded from players deck... etc.

That's it for now...
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Nov 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM.