Ranking
Original Post
Choking and Knockout
So these are random ideas that just popped into my head. If you were in a server playing a game and you need to end a game quick you could wrap your arm around your opponent's neck and after like 20 frames or so they pass out (relax all) for a bit. Or if you hit someone in the head lots with a lot of power you could knock them out for a while.
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
Originally Posted by moneshot View Post
It could happen, would just need a bit more effort put into the coding.
------------
also some of you completely ignoring the fact that the choking would be optional and would take like 100 frames to do so that your opponent has time to defend against it

Even then, toribash doesnt need to be this realistic and previously stated not many people would use this "optional" choke out. I think toribash is great the way it is and doesn't need anymore "optional" setting. Even if it were even just implemented for say, official aikido related servers it would change the way the mod would work. Also even if the choke took 100 frames to do that would take way too long to do this. Anyways I don't think this idea will be implemented as it will have a big impact on whatever mod this setting is put in.
[Nitro]| [TFF]|[TMO]"Jet beams don't melt steel fuel"~Bercat.
"01000001 01100010 01110010 01100001 01111000 01100001 01110011 "
Who cares if not many people are going to use it? I would. they added the "sumo" thing which pretty much nobody uses ever and they added that in so why not choking? It would make toribash much better.
Ok knockout is out of the picture.
But choking, that would just make this game way more challenging and more fun. It could even just be like they relax all for like 30 frames after they get choked then they are back to normal. It would add SO much more strategy and make it WAY more fun. Cmon people imagination pls.
Frogs never die.
immagine playing ABD then u get elbowed or kneed in the face and then passin out in the slithest contact with the ground u loose :3 wich means it will ruin almost all the mods that thing is for spar it should stay in spar.
Not supported.

(Lotus)|Rogue|zeneto|Nightfur
Originally Posted by dodix45 View Post
immagine playing ABD then u get elbowed or kneed in the face and then passin out in the slithest contact with the ground u loose :3 wich means it will ruin almost all the mods that thing is for spar it should stay in spar.
Not supported.

As I have said many times knockout is out of the picture, im working on people to get choking in.
Frogs never die.
Originally Posted by moneshot View Post
Who cares if not many people are going to use it? I would. they added the "sumo" thing which pretty much nobody uses ever and they added that in so why not choking? It would make toribash much better.
Ok knockout is out of the picture.
But choking, that would just make this game way more challenging and more fun. It could even just be like they relax all for like 30 frames after they get choked then they are back to normal. It would add SO much more strategy and make it WAY more fun. Cmon people imagination pls.

They wouldnt add something only a few people would use, and the rest of the community wouldnt.

Maybe, if your neck got fracked you could lose control over certain joints?
Originally Posted by XxGamerzz View Post
They wouldnt add something only a few people would use, and the rest of the community wouldnt.

Maybe, if your neck got fracked you could lose control over certain joints?

but they have sumo? nobody uses that?
Frogs never die.
Ctrl+g all aikido variant mods have it enabled. You may not realize but they do.
Knock out function
The knock out function is basically the amount of damage u take to the head. So if u take a specific amount of damage to the head you will not be able to move anything this can be an option in mods like DQ it will be good for Tourneys and it adds some realism to the game
Death is an option
The knock out function is basically the amount of damage u take to the head. So if u take a specific amount of damage to the head you will not be able to move anything this can be an option in mods like DQ it will be good for Tourneys and it adds some realism to the game. It also is a really good idea but i do not support the choke feature. The choke feature can be really glitchy as if u hold his head = choke. you grab around the neck but not exactly on the neck = choke and grabbing the neck is really hard u would have to fracture the neck for it can be grabbed i support the KO function but not the choking function
-----
Since there is an option it is not mandatory like the DQ timeout is an option it's for people that like a good challenge say u get knocked out for 20 frames or 40 and ur about to hit the ground u have to work on saving ur self and if u do u become a better defensive player because u know how to save tough situations
Last edited by chacha6464; Sep 30, 2014 at 07:09 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Death is an option
Bad idea, Not supported, Could be a script.

An alternative would be muscle physics joints. I.E, If someone Frac's/DM's your ankle, Your knee would be a bit slower to react, and would be far harder to use your shins for a DM.
-----
Originally Posted by chacha6464 View Post
The knock out function is basically the amount of damage u take to the head. So if u take a specific amount of damage to the head you will not be able to move anything this can be an option in mods like DQ it will be good for Tourneys and it adds some realism to the game. It also is a really good idea but i do not support the choke feature. The choke feature can be really glitchy as if u hold his head = choke. you grab around the neck but not exactly on the neck = choke and grabbing the neck is really hard u would have to fracture the neck for it can be grabbed i support the KO function but not the choking function
-----
Since there is an option it is not mandatory like the DQ timeout is an option it's for people that like a good challenge say u get knocked out for 20 frames or 40 and ur about to hit the ground u have to work on saving ur self and if u do u become a better defensive player because u know how to save tough situations

Adds some realism

Uh.. Did you stop playing this game for too long? You are a man who can stop time for ten seconds, then choose how you move, with a ghost guiding you.
This would be a terrible thing and give a far bigger advantage on better players.

Fuck.
This.
Idea.
Last edited by iPortal; Sep 30, 2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump