ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by JustKerry View Post
loay1234 no I dont wanna watch any of it stuff like that makes me feel weird plus my kid is in the room with me atm I just wondered what kind of thing it portrayed if it was just abuse or actual killing for the food chain.
Thanks for answering me guys I still dont wanna watch it.

Killing is a understatement, one of the cows they put up in a machine, slit its throat, and turned it around and around like a freaking ferris wheel. They shoot cows in the heads with what looks to be nail guns, they grind baby male chicks in a grinder. And those are just a few of what was done.
-----
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Be the good guy and play devil's advocate, more or less? @_@

Ok sure, if you say so!

I think that this kind of thing is completely acceptable. Firstly because we are the dominant species in this world, we can and should do whatever we find culturally acceptable. We need our beef, and this is the easiest way to get it. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Besides that, what does it matter if some dumb animal feels some pain in the moments before it's death? The workers obviously don't care, so why should we? They only reason that someone would say "oh this is so bad and unacceptable" is because they are ignorant. This goes on a hundred thousand times a day, every day, in every country.

I could guilt trip you every day of the week, about much more meaningful stuff (deforestation of rain-forests just so you can get your toilet paper huh? pollution of oceans and rivers from your soap? etc etc), but the bottom line is no one really cares.

People as a whole do not care about this meaningless shit, they just want their big mac.

Your right, we do need our beef and our proteins, but we dont have to fucking do this to animals, look at my post about my grandpas farm, how about people get off there lazy fucking asses and work for their beef instead of just driving their fat selves to mcdonalds and getting big macs every day. This is what some slavery was/is like around the world, Imagine this being humans. Look at the mayans ? Is it ok because its their "culture" to slit the necks of people and drink their blood ?
Last edited by GenTech; May 3, 2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." ...Mark Twain
I agree with Gorman to a certain degree. Yes, the methods above are the most cost and time efficient. Sure some farmers well keep free range and humanly dealt with meat and market it as such. But most consumers and organisations prefer cheaper meat which will always be the market favourite. Morals only come second to profit. That will never and shouldn't change.

What I don't agree with Gorman on, is that we shouldn't care. We should always look for more sustainable and humane methods of dealing with things and guilt is a perfect way of motivating people into doing so.
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Be the good guy and play devil's advocate, more or less? @_@

Ok sure, if you say so!

I think that this kind of thing is completely acceptable. Firstly because we are the dominant species in this world, we can and should do whatever we find culturally acceptable. We need our beef, and this is the easiest way to get it. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Besides that, what does it matter if some dumb animal feels some pain in the moments before it's death? The workers obviously don't care, so why should we? They only reason that someone would say "oh this is so bad and unacceptable" is because they are ignorant. This goes on a hundred thousand times a day, every day, in every country.

I could guilt trip you every day of the week, about much more meaningful stuff (deforestation of rain-forests just so you can get your toilet paper huh? pollution of oceans and rivers from your soap? etc etc), but the bottom line is no one really cares.

People as a whole do not care about this meaningless shit, they just want their big mac.

This is just sad, how could you think this?

Really, did you see what they did to the calf? Fucking beat them, one dude was punching them in the face, stabbing them with pitch forks. Would you want your first born child, to be taken away, punched in the face, kicked, stabbed, have it's arms cut off, hung by it's feet, have his balls cut off, then have his throat slit and left there to die? Because that's what their doing to the calf.
Im not going to watch the video, but i think that all and any animal cruelty is extremely wrong and should be punishable by many years in prison.

It is the equivalent of torturing a human being.
Originally Posted by qq5ben View Post
This is just sad, how could you think this?

Really, did you see what they did to the calf? Fucking beat them, one dude was punching them in the face, stabbing them with pitch forks. Would you want your first born child, to be taken away, punched in the face, kicked, stabbed, have it's arms cut off, hung by it's feet, have his balls cut off, then have his throat slit and left there to die? Because that's what their doing to the calf.

We aren't condoning the senseless cruelty but most of the methods are a compromise between humane and efficiency. If you don't like it stop eating meat. Or pretend it doesn't happen and wrap yourself in cotton wool.

Also just a note, it's probably no worse than a wild death from a predator and the species as a whole is much more successful in human captivity.

Originally Posted by Bloob View Post
Im not going to watch the video, but i think that all and any animal cruelty is extremely wrong and should be punishable by many years in prison.

It is the equivalent of torturing a human being.

It's not though. They aren't humans, simple as that.
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
We aren't condoning the senseless cruelty but most of the methods are a compromise between humane and efficiency. If you don't like it stop eating meat. Or pretend it doesn't happen and wrap yourself in cotton wool.

Also just a note, it's probably no worse than a wild death from a predator and the species as a whole is much more successful in human captivity.

Yeah, but does that predator kill millions of cows/whatever everyday? Also, it eats its catch. It doesn't just leave it there, like those calf, there are killed, after being beat.
Originally Posted by qq5ben View Post
Yeah, but does that predator kill millions of cows/whatever everyday? Also, it eats its catch. It doesn't just leave it there, like those calf, there are killed, after being beat.

It kills enough to sustain itself, as do we. We also keeping re-populating the species, so don't imply that by killing high numbers the species as a whole is in danger (if that was what you were implying, otherwise I don't see the point of that statement).

I'm pretty sure that these animals are killed for the food industry or something.
Enough to sustain itself, what about all those fast food places, all the wasted food, what about those obese people, eating as much as 3, 4 people. what about all the wasted milk at the grocery stores?