Toribash
Original Post
Load and save sets
Imagine you have a decent amount of textured sets, instead of uploading the textures 1 by 1, allow some sort of mechanism so you can save your sets and change them with a simple click
EMS (Emergency Medical Services) | PT
não dói joca
Originally Posted by Kasai View Post
have any of you read sirs replies?
just click here.
Upload your textures and just swap between whichever set you prefer

we're talking about sets, different textures for different body parts.

allowing this feature would kill so many time uploading, and not all of us have full sets laying around where we can swap, it doesnt sound as expenssive as it is
-----
Originally Posted by Chikin View Post
There is also the possibility to create a more smart interface to upload sets and be able to have kind of a preview of how the texture looks like side of each others without having to pop in and out the game and /dl and /lp every time.
I made this in 5 minutes just to kinda give an idea of the concept:

Horrible presentation for a concept but it should give an idea of what I am talking about

thats an amazing idea
maybe have a tab on the side, of all the sets you saved, that would be able to be selected and previewed
Last edited by Halu; Mar 21, 2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
EMS (Emergency Medical Services) | PT
não dói joca
Please, can you read?

If you want to have more than 1 sets uploaded, go buy more than one set of texture items.

We aren't going to allow you to upload an indefinite number of textures simply because server disk space isn't endless.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Please, can you read?

If you want to have more than 1 sets uploaded, go buy more than one set of texture items.

We aren't going to allow you to upload an indefinite number of textures simply because server disk space isn't endless.

In addition there is also the problem of people forgetting to delete saved sets once they sell them and so on, or the pain to have to change a single piece of texture in the case one of the sets you had uploaded have some issue that need a fix... Basically allowing that might solve one issue but create 3 more.

I feel my interface concept could make everything easier tho. Speeding up the process of uploading the textures, and by making it easier to find and select specific elements.
In addition there is also the problem of people forgetting to delete saved sets once they sell them and so on, or the pain to have to change a single piece of texture in the case one of the sets you had uploaded have some issue that need a fix... Basically allowing that might solve one issue but create 3 more.

I feel my interface concept could make everything easier tho. Speeding up the process of uploading the textures, and by making it easier to find and select specific elements.

accidentally selling saved sets is more like dumbness on the person's part, that wont happen if people are actually careful about that.

The texture system has always been this way, and has proven effective throught all this years. changing it is worthless, even more when sir already said you can make several sets and swap between em (Which i have done in the past,btw)

i just dont see the point of reworking the system to do something that is already doable.

(Takes some more tc, but its a lot more benefitial than overloading the whole server with an infinite amount of textures)
"I am the White Void, I am the Cold Steel, I am the Just Sword! I am Hakumen, the end has come!!"
Originally Posted by inmmortal8 View Post
accidentally selling saved sets is more like dumbness on the person's part, that wont happen if people are actually careful about that.

The texture system has always been this way, and has proven effective throught all this years. changing it is worthless, even more when sir already said you can make several sets and swap between em (Which i have done in the past,btw)

i just dont see the point of reworking the system to do something that is already doable.

(Takes some more tc, but its a lot more benefitial than overloading the whole server with an infinite amount of textures)

I don't question the functionality of it but having to properly name the items (r_hand.png, l_tricep.tga) when it comes to have 45+ textures with different names does not seems as practical as it could be... especially for changing a single texture you have to scroll, look for the item, open up the upload page.. etc...
and for make upload a full set in one go you have to look through a list to find the proper name for the texture file proper name, organize things better and even if you do all of that there is a great chance that you might fuck up some of the naming in the process and will have to fix that shit....

Also... people like to label their textures so they can find them quick like "Amazon head final green.png" with SIRs system... I am forced to save a copy of that texture in a separate foulder (so shit does not overwrite in my files) and call it head.tga... that makes it harder to find and create useless copies on my own computer.
aka... cool idea but could be more user-friendly.

we need innovative thinking here!

Last edited by Chikin; Mar 21, 2018 at 05:36 PM.
I don't question the functionality of it but having to properly name the items (r_hand.png, l_tricep.tga) when it comes to have 45+ textures with different names does not seems as practical as it could be... especially for changing a single texture you have to scroll, look for the item, open up the upload page.. etc...
and for make upload a full set in one go you have to look through a list to find the proper name for the texture file proper name, organize things better and even if you do all of that there is a great chance that you might fuck up some of the naming in the process and will have to fix that shit....

Just organize them in different folders. texture set #1, #2, or something.problem fixed.

Also... people like to label their textures so they can find them quick like "Amazon head final green.png" with SIRs system... I am forced to save a copy of that texture in a separate foulder (so shit does not overwrite in my files) and call it head.tga... that makes it harder to find and create useless copies on my own computer.
aka... cool idea but could be more user-friendly.

Same solution here... make different folders and organize your textures from there.... better think about what ya are gonna say for next post.

we need innovative thinking here!

idk if you were trying to offend me or something, but you made me laugh hard with that comment.
"I am the White Void, I am the Cold Steel, I am the Just Sword! I am Hakumen, the end has come!!"
I think it's better to do a converter where you put the textures whatever the format, it previews it, you put a name, and then a "convert" button saves it locally with the set/texture name as the folder, and every image with the correct name and format to upload it on the multi-texture uploader.

And this should be in the tb client or something, and not in the page, because of server's storage limit, and the upload/download extra time it takes.

Also, I'd like to see the multi-texture uploader to work with another format like .png or .bmp, rather than .tga only, because it's faster to upload a full jointed set trough the "slow" one-by-one way with any other format.
i really want the original suggestion... the changes people are proposing do not seem worth it however
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU