Toribash
Original Post
Amanda Todd's Suiside
Today a girl named Amanda Todd killed herself, months after posting her story of her bullying experience. The story has exploded over social networks in the past few hours. There is only really one video/story with any amount of information so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80RqEf56Ix4

So I come here to ask a simple question question, what are your opinions on suicide?
The video: "I want you all to like and favourite this video, and share it - Oh I'm not profiting off these, don't mind the adverts"

Just shows you how making bad choices can really fuck you over.

Plus massive failure on the part of parents and teachers.
And then them teenagers complain about why their parents won't let them use facebook or hang out with no-goods.
>make godawful decisions in life
>complain about why no one likes you for making godawful decisions

I feel sorry for her, she obviously didn't know how to cope with her problems. Her parents/teachers should have made her talk to a school psychiatrist or something. She did, however, make some godawful choices in her life. I saw something on a certain shithole where a guy was asking people to dox her, didn't think much of it at the time. Anyways, it was caused by her own stupidity, and her inability to cope with it, which is the fault of the parents/teachers.
Hoss.
anyone stupid enough to kill themselves deserves to die in the first place

i mean, unless it's for a valid reason

but this isn't a valid reason at all
pennis and also dicke and balls
Originally Posted by CrazyTaco View Post
anyone stupid enough to kill themselves deserves to die in the first place

i mean, unless it's for a valid reason

but this isn't a valid reason at all

Nothing wrong with killing yourself, unless you're referring to the legality of it.

What do you define a valid reason for killing yourself? I'm sure she would have gotten better and her problems wouldn't affect her as much later on, but, why shouldn't she make the choice and kill herself?

I, personally, didn't agree to live here, I was kind of just thrust into the world. Imagine suicide as your choice in the matter. I can see why she did it, I see it as a perfectly valid reason, in fact. She didn't choose to live in the first place, why should she be forced to endure the backlash of her choices here, because of something completely unrelated to her(the fact that she is alive is unrelated to her, in terms of decisions)?
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Nothing wrong with killing yourself, unless you're referring to the legality of it.

What do you define a valid reason for killing yourself? I'm sure she would have gotten better and her problems wouldn't affect her as much later on, but, why shouldn't she make the choice and kill herself?

I, personally, didn't agree to live here, I was kind of just thrust into the world. Imagine suicide as your choice in the matter. I can see why she did it, I see it as a perfectly valid reason, in fact. She didn't choose to live in the first place, why should she be forced to endure the backlash of her choices here, because of something completely unrelated to her(the fact that she is alive is unrelated to her, in terms of decisions)?

Still this would of never happened if she would of actually used her brain for three seconds. I heard from my soccer coach in the 8th grade "You can only go 3 seconds without thinking before it kills you" I guess it reigns true here. Inb4someonesaysyouwoulddothis I talk a big game but in the end I know I would never do this... mainly cause I don't ever want the embarasment she would of gone through.
But in all reality... I think I might be insane...
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Nothing wrong with killing yourself

except for all the family members, friends, mentors, loved ones, peers, and everyone you know will end up feeling shitty about themselves because you pulled something as selfish as ending your own life

yeah why don't you go on and say terrorism is okay because the people it doesn't happen to aren't harmed
shmevin eats smegma
Originally Posted by Agentmax View Post
Still this would of never happened if she would of actually used her brain for three seconds. I heard from my soccer coach in the 8th grade "You can only go 3 seconds without thinking before it kills you" I guess it reigns true here. Inb4someonesaysyouwoulddothis I talk a big game but in the end I know I would never do this... mainly cause I don't ever want the embarasment she would of gone through.

.... What? I couldn't make sense of any of that. Can you please re-phrase everything you just said?

Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
except for all the family members, friends, mentors, loved ones, peers, and everyone you know will end up feeling shitty about themselves because you pulled something as selfish as ending your own life

yeah why don't you go on and say terrorism is okay because the people it doesn't happen to aren't harmed

I don't belong to anyone. I don't care who feels shitty about what. Suicide is perfectly alright, not that i'm endorsing it or anything.

I take it those family members, friends, mentors, loved ones, peers, and everyone she knew cared oh so much before she killed herself? She wouldn't have killed herself if she had the means to cope with her problems, which she clearly didn't. It is clear as day no one cared enough to help her cope with her problems. If they feel bad, they deserve to feel bad. If someone feels guilty when someone kills themself, they damn well should.

That being said, I don't think she should have killed herself. There are plenty of caring people who can help an individual cope with whatever they're dealing with. Damn shame she didn't know any.

There is a lot more to life than simply pleasing everyone you care about.

Frankly, I don't even blame the bully, despite that person being a total cunt. I blame her family, friends, peers, mentors, loved ones, and everyone else she knew.
Hoss.