9th 20 TC
10th 30 TC
Master 40 TC
Custom 45 TC

its a small upgrade,the amount is still insignificant,it will have too
little impact in the inflation and at least its something of a reward
for getting a higher belt.

a calculation to show how much it would add in tc circulation:

u made 20000 toricredits if you won 2000 games in official servers from white to black for 10 tc per win,
160000 if you won 8000 games in official servers from black to 10th for 20 tc per win,
150000 if you won 5000 games in official servers from 10th to master for 30 tc per win
200000 if you won 5000 games in official servers from master to custom for 40 tc per win.

and lastly,by having that happen only in official servers,it would be easy
to find anyone exploiting it by alts.

challenges:
hearthstone style of 3 daily random challenges,you can reset only one of them,small rewards,
depending on the challenge,it could help increase the popularity of weirder mods,brings some fun.

tutorial:
a good tutorial would be making the new players understand the correlation of
moving joints,frames and ghost,how the ghost shows what is going
to happen depending on your joints setup and how that is depended on the frames
(longer frame rounds=less complicated moves,shorter frame rounds= more complicated moves)
and how this changes depending on the mod setup. (gravity,distance,threshold etc )
Last edited by nikosefs; Feb 13, 2017 at 10:25 AM.
At this point if the game isn't sold to some company that will actually work on it, it will sizzle out of existence. The main problems has already been stated an infinite amount of times.

1. Game content becomes stale
2. No new content is released to prevent point 1.
3. The learning curve is gigantic.

As a somewhat old player considering I started playing in 2010, when I got fired from GameMaster/Event Squad I came to a realization. What the fuck am I doing here? I had been playing purely because of Friends, Staff, and my love for the game. A lot of my friends have left, I got fired for being lazy, and the game grew stagnant. Play ABD, get shit on by a some dueler, rinse and repeat. As a player more oriented towards MP and not diving too deep into the realism aspect, I had nothing else to do. Events, Bets, and goofing off excluded. A portion of 2016 was me not getting on because I was having fun. "Oh shit I gotta host" sums it up. Dicking around on the forums and IRC are much more appealing at this point, because that way I can communicate with friends and the community without playing the game I am entirely bored of. I much rather play a game like League or Counter Strike (At one point I played TB because it was all my potato could run) that doesn't fail to amuse me.

So... How do we fix this?

The learning curve is something that has to be accepted by new players. No fixing that without changing the game drastically, and that obviously isn't happening. Fist is right on the fact that advertisement is NOT a viable option at this point. It'll just end up being the same. Huge influx, they play for a bit, realize this game is hard and dip. However things can be done to fix this.

For one, improve the fucking tutorial. It's legitimately not good Here are you controls. Embrace them, and learn to click them. LEARN HOW TO THREE WAY SPLIT YOUR ENEMY! Need a move that won't work in MP? Say no more, pal. After the useless tutorial, you can fight uke who primarily snapkicks or grapples. If the new player somehow gets past the cycle of 4/5 turns Uke actually moves, they just get tossed into a beginner lobby.

What kind of shit is this? It's so outdated it hurts. But instead a Matchmaking system, getting 1mil TC by pubstomping newbies, and a new fancy shop ingame is much more important than the game itself. Money > The game. There are really simply fixes to this kind of thing, really. Teach how joints interact with each other. Actually teach and elaborate on viable openers in the tutorials for mods that are primarily played. Something more detailed and informative yet simple to a new player. The forum is also very good for new players to have access to. I'm sure most of the Steam community doesn't know it exists. I've always used standalone and didn't know about a forum until I needed it. For a clan application, or something of that sort.

I'm no mod maker but I'd assume with this engine(?) And the modmaker, creating interesting mods that are fun and playable is hard. Most of the mods in the huge list aren't even operable. To a new guy, they likely have no clue what a command even is until they stumble over /help. Or how gamerules work. It's an endless list of easy fixes that could make this game enjoyable for old and new players.

If I'm incompetent let me know, or if I restated already made points.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
i agree to retro about the learning curve, it will never change at all, only thing we can do is make a better tutorial.

i would like to add on though, i was thinking about doing something, where after the tutorial when you first start the game, the new player gets the list of official mods, he clicks one, and he will be given an instructor for that certain mod, an instructor that has a lot of experience in that certain mod.

kinda similar to the help squad and tori agents, except it would be like 1 on 1 ingame help. this would also put the teachers in beginner sanctuary to use.
maybe later
Originally Posted by Oxblix View Post
i would like to add on though, i was thinking about doing something, where after the tutorial when you first start the game, the new player gets the list of official mods, he clicks one, and he will be given an instructor for that certain mod, an instructor that has a lot of experience in that certain mod.

kinda similar to the help squad and tori agents, except it would be like 1 on 1 ingame help. this would also put the teachers in beginner sanctuary to use.

This would require a LOT of voluntary work from players. There is no way in high Hell that hampa would dish out some sort of pay to these players, so it would ALL be voluntary. What happens if there is nobody online that is volunteering to teach a certain mod, and a beginner clicks that mod? They get a nice little message saying "Shit, we have nobody for this one.. pick another?"

And then players end up with no instructors ever being available. Nah, having a built-in system that requires other people's work would be bad. Noobs will still always outnumber even the amateur players, TA way of helping is probably the most effective. I remember people setting up "classes" where they'd get a group of new players around and try to teach them some aspect of a game (be it playing aikido or texturing), but that again took great effort to maintain and all those instructors usually didn't last long.

For one, improve the fucking tutorial. It's legitimately not good Here are you controls. Embrace them, and learn to click them. LEARN HOW TO THREE WAY SPLIT YOUR ENEMY! Need a move that won't work in MP? Say no more, pal. After the useless tutorial, you can fight uke who primarily snapkicks or grapples. If the new player somehow gets past the cycle of 4/5 turns Uke actually moves, they just get tossed into a beginner lobby.

Well yeah, they're bad. I've made a rework of the first tutorial some years ago, will get to updating others by the end of Feb. There was also a small update to the Fight Uke tut that added judo and wushu with a bit more openers but it got removed for some reason. Will most probably bring it back with this week's (or the next one) update.

But instead a Matchmaking system, getting 1mil TC by pubstomping newbies, and a new fancy shop ingame is much more important than the game itself. Money > The game.

Matchmaking imo should be the main way you play the game in 2017. Staying in a queue for 15 minutes then playing a 2-minute game to wait another 15 minute sucks, that isn't a fun aspect of a game. Of course you can chat but ugh, if you need to chat with strangers that much*there are others places too.
"Fancy new shop" is something that could be done in parallel with other development - the whole shop is basically just a LUA script that uses some built-in shop exclusive commands. I thought the old one sucked (even this is a fix I've made in 2014 or so) when I started working for Nabi, I got it fixed; now it's just kept updated.
Originally Posted by 101Link101 View Post
Getting tc for leveling up a tier seems like a good solution

The way this is worded seems like you think this will fix everything.. Lol

Regarding the actual topic, yes, this would improve longevity of players in the community, keeping them interested and motivated to gain QI and acquire belts.