Ranking
Yes, that's why I think Nabi to make people pay for higher quality so eventually they can get funding to make it a standard.

Erm I made a poll on this...
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...30#post1444330

(>^_^)>
eh, paying in tori credits for higher quality is fine, but I suspect it's a lack of programming skill/being bothered, not a funds thing.

tbh tho some people just don't have fast download speeds, if there was an option to not download 512x512 head textures in the sub menu, then it'd be appropriate.
myself i always zoom in 400/800% with 128x128 pics and that works good for me attleast, maybe not if u do complicated things.
Yes I always go 400% when I shade but I work in 256^2

anyway, heads in larger resolution will be sharper and have more detail.

With the lowering of head prices to 2K, ithink a higher res and proportionately more expensive head item could be in the works. I sure hope so. Or 20k for 256x256 so they can drain even more money XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Sharpen tool in Photoshop increases contrast and reduces blur. It doesn't magically create a bridge of pixels that fixes all your problems.
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
Filter>Sharpen

USE IT FOOLS

Sharpen usually reduces quality for me. Makes things too grainy, and if the object already is too blurry, the sharpness is false, as no real details are added. :[
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I work in 128*128, but I also just do vector stuff. If we could save as svgs, that would be sweet.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Sharpen usually reduces quality for me. Makes things too grainy, and if the object already is too blurry, the sharpness is false, as no real details are added. :[

In flat 2d, yes, but in 3d texture filtering makes everything blurrier automatically. That is why sharpening helps even if it looks fine without it in photoshop or gimp or whatever you use.

It helps a crapload for 128x128. And yes I do know enough to say that because I have a lot of experience with 3d modeling as well as photoshop.