Toribash
Original Post
Toribash Economy
In most games, the player gets rewarded for being good ie: ingame currency or experience. While toribash has both, the currency aspect is very flawed. In my opinion, the game relies too much on player interaction.

its near impossible to get a fair amount tc from the game itself (this means WITHOUT ANY human interaction ie: betting, dueling, art, anything not being a tourney.) In public servers you get 10TC for every win, and that is a terribly low amount. Its disproportionate entirely to every sale in the game.

In order to buy EVERY force in the game from the torishop, if every item was in stock, you would need 2.68mil (2,683,500 to be exact.) As stated above the most toribash will give you for winning a game is 10tc while the most toribash will give for winning a tourney at the moment is 5k. Its obviously grossly disproportionate to the 48k (48790.*90) average selling price (again assuming everything was in stock.)
*= repeating number

lol just use the market dummy
Imagine there was no market and this was the only way to get tc out of the game. its not fair. Its a way to make the player buy TC.

My point being is that to reward someone for winning games would mean the game is rewarding you for being good, and to have a lot of tc means you win a lot of matches. In toribash its completely backwards, all having tc means is having tc. Having tc means either you dueled someone for it, made some art, or bought it. I understand dueling is part of competition, but for a game to have an ingame shop and basically require you to buy tc is ridiculous. If nobody bought tc nobody would have over 500k**
**semi joke/exaggeration

just git gud
not the point at all and if you resort to this its a useless post and proves you didnt read anything.

Am I incorrect in my thinking? How do you feel about the economy and general toribash market
Last edited by Mzebra; Aug 12, 2015 at 06:32 AM.
You're mostly incorrect. Anyone can win a game on toribash, it does not matter how good you are. If you win a lot of games, it's just as likely that you've played a lot of games more, and isn't an indicator of skill anyways.

Rewards for skill in toribash often come in the form of events, where there are various prizes. This isn't a farming/grinding game where you have to play x games to earn this amount and do stuff in it. Rather, the 10tc per game is intended to help newbies gain customization options earlier to keep them interested.

If you lack patience, buying tc is a good option. However, if you are skilled at something in the game(e.x. making replays, dueling, whatever), you will earn tc at a decent rate by taking part in competitions or marketing your skills. Toribash's economy isn't perfect, but the problems aren't what you're suggesting they are.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
You're mostly incorrect. Anyone can win a game on toribash, it does not matter how good you are.

off logic, rewarding me for winning means youre rewarding me for being more skilled than my opponent.

Again, too much human interaction.
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
off logic, rewarding me for winning means youre rewarding me for being more skilled than my opponent.

Again, too much human interaction.

say if you play 20k games and have a 20% winrate

you're probably awful at the game and don't learn, therefore you don't deserve a reward for every single win you get. This is a game that heavily involves human interaction, you can't ignore it.
Hoss.
In those 20% of the games he won he was more skilled than his opponent. This game shouldnt rely so heavy on making people buy tc.
You have to understand, this is a free to play game. The same could be said about almost every free to play game.

Hearthstone? You only get 10 gold per win and you need a 100 to even open a pack, which may or may not contain cards you already have/bad cards.

Battlefield Play4Free? The majority of the decent weapons cost an absurd amount of in-game currency, which you get very little of. Some weapons can only be bought with real money as well.

League of Legends? You gain a very small amount of in-game currency for every game you play, and champions require a large amount of in-game currency to unlock, also sales for champions only apply to currency that's bought with real money.

I could sit here and name a bunch of other free to play games which also have a rather unfair means to unlock items, but the fact is the developer needs some sort of compensation for the game. The fact that it is even possible to gain in-game currency from art/events is as far as I know, unique to toribash, and in my opinion is a great thing.
Last edited by NotShadow; Aug 12, 2015 at 05:45 AM.
The big thing is you're talking about how to get things without player interaction but this is a multiplayer game that relies on player interaction. You can't really play against bots and hope to get good rewards because they aren't aware of their situation. With the constant tourney rooms going that's probably the best way if you want to avoid all human interaction. I get what you're trying to say but for a game that relies solely on the fact of dueling other people in order to get QI and 'level up'.

You really don't need to buy TC ever, especially now with the tourneys always up. The best way to make money is develop a skill, whether its being good at the game so you can win duels or if it's selling art to make money. Hell you can even market things with half a brain.

I agree that it would be insanely difficult to make money with no player interaction because you wouldn't be able to play matches on multiplayer.

I don't think it's fair to compare toribash to other games because it's unique. On top of that, every item is purely cosmetic so it has absolutely no effect on your gameplay which makes the necessity to make easy TC without interacting with people almost nonexistant. Why do you think Riot doesn't let people buy champion skins with LP (the stuff everyone gets from winning a game compared to RP which is the P2P money)?
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Human interaction meant anything besides playing tourneys, not playing with bots. Just updated that.

Still very valid in your cosmetic point.

@Shadow
Fair enough, doesnt make it right, but youre correct in that sense.

@Hyde
It requires fighting another player, like any other fighting game.
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Human interaction meant anything besides playing tourneys, not playing with bots. Just updated that.

Still very valid in your cosmetic point.

@Shadow
Fair enough, doesnt make it right, but youre correct in that sense.

@Hyde
It requires fighting another player, like any other fighting game.

You're incorrect. You're constantly incorrect. If people did not buy TC, lots of TC would still be generated through tourneys. Every time someone buys an item from the shop, tc is sunk. There are a lot of items and tc in circulation, therefore there is an economy. You are missing the entire point of an economy.
Hoss.
Yeah, you get almost nothing just for playing games. But, really, let me compare to real life here. You get shit money without human interaction, such as getting a job or fulfilling random contracts. It makes sense.

Of course, the big point you seem to be missing is that money in real life is a crucial part of your life. In Toribash? Not at all. TC is mostly useless, as most of it is spent on cosmetic changes. Sure, there are a bit of people who sell it, but that is definitely not good enough of a reason to give you more and more tc.

You get so little TC because it is practically useless in this game.
h