Ranking
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Africa and the Middle-East have been divided and exploited by themselves for a lonnnng time.

Putting the blame on the west is a new meme, it's not historically accurate.

Links pls. lel.

African countries/states/boundaries have been created and delimited by european countries during the colonisation and post-colonisation. A lot of tribes/people got separated or put together with "ennemy" tribes... the geopolitics behind African boundaries is source of conflict. Was it done on purpose in order to control easily is another question, it's still the fault of the occident.

I'll take France as an exemple because that's what I know the most : our leading politics have supported and maintained african dictators in their respective countries for decades, in order to keep their hands on african natural ressources (oil, uranium...), and money to finance their campaigns or sit their political position, or supported/financed rebels to putsch unwanted dictator(s) and replace it with a more french-friendly one... with all the shady affairs surfacing a few years later, politics involved in money laundry and/or traffic and all that shiet. Brilliant stuff.

This is modern colonialism, this is how "powerful" countries and leaders became powerful, that's how the occident built itself. France sucked and still sucks north Africa dry, England got the southern part of Africa, and the rest of european countries got everything inbetween (and now China is involved). How is that not historically accurate ? It's in every history books or manuals.
More than that, this is the very essence of "power" and control : "divide and conquer". Those are the foundations of our world-wide financial system, step on other people's faces or get stomped. Countries, leaders and lobbyists just paddle in the general direction of the shit stream we're trying to sail ; for the glory of their nation and international competition or for their own purse, the race for ressources before everything is bled dry.

It's the exact same situation in the Middle-East, except it's not Europe (well the UN does military assists) but the US doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.

Saying occidental countries are "the good guys" and help other poor countries because we're good guys and we feel like that's what we must do is either excessively naive, or efficient brainwashing... or maybe both.
Last edited by deprav; Sep 14, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
The US putting troops into the middle east for acts of terrorism is a joke. George Bush made himself rich by carrying out terrible war crimes. He invested a shit ton into weapon making companies, ammunition companies, and oil companies before the bombings. Just think for a second, what makes more sense; a group of 3 jehadists taking over a commercial plane with BOXCUTTERS, or someone being taken over by the power of money? The US is an empire; We have military establishments in over 150 countries and our military budget is around $598.5 billion as of 2015. And zenboy, how can you say the US is fighting for the freedom of Afghanistan? We've killed more innocent civilians than actual "bad people". The only reason that ISIS even exist is being the US is just fucking occupying their country. "The US cares and they mean well"?? How so, man? If the US meant well and actually cared about creating peace the quickest and most effective way possible then why have we been occupying the middle east for so long? Also just recently Obama sent drone strikes out to Pakistan killing many innocent people. But don't get me wrong zenboy, America is not an angry country, but it's a god damned power and money hungry one. I too feel that it's nice that the troops are fighting for their country, and I give them respect for their bravery. I just wished that knew what they were fighting for... To make another man rich. It's sad to see troops come home homeless, in shock, and possibly suffering with psd. But money is money, it will always take a toll on someone, but I wished people that that wouldn't run our country.
-----
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
Saying occidental countries are "the good guys" and help other poor countries because we're good guys and we feel like that's what we must do is either excessively naive, or efficient brainwashing... or maybe both.

This is said all across the US... as a citizen of the country I will tell you that it is either kids listening to their parents or mass media brainwashing. I love you
Last edited by Nate; Sep 15, 2015 at 12:27 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
What are allies?... Or NATO?... Or International Law?...

The US isnt the only country to "help out" in other countries, just due to many people on this side of the internet being American you only really hear about America. Lots of times when the US intervenes it's because they're trying to stop the spread of Communism, an ally is under attack, or there is a genocide taking place (which international law states if we call it a genocide we have to take action to attempt to stop it). Hell we didnt do anything at the start of Rwanda and everyone go mad that we were not intervening...

Goodness you people annoy me

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Still the US didn't cause the initial unrest in Middle-Eastern countries. And Nate you have some very good points. Are you 100% sure the US killed more civilians than Terrorists though? I thought they minimize collateral damage. And maybe more Middle-Eastern civilians but overall the Terrorists must've killed more civilians if you ignore race right? And if you could estimate how much civilians died in the Iraqi War it'd be very useful to me. And aren't some troops well payed though? SEALs get 12,000$ after the training. And let's say that the US is after Global Control by becoming rich and powerful, would that be so bad? The US seems to be a decent nation to have strong control globally no? A non-angry country seems pretty perfect to have Global Leverage in my opinion. And Divine just made an amazing point for all of you guys here :P And yes ISIS is angry at US Occupation which was the cause of them being founded but still don't you think that they're methods are way too much and just need the US to stay more and longer to stop them? And c'mon the U.S. Killed Osama. That's already an amazing Global Contribution that the U.S. Military achieved beyond U.S. Borders. And Nate I am very grateful for your politeness while discussing this topic with me This is how discussions should be like, valid points and politeness while pointing them out.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
I haven't been paying too much attention to this topic, so I can't answer each point with the time I have, but one thing jumped out at me.
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
And aren't some troops well payed though? SEALs get 12,000$ after the training.

Navy SEALS that have completed basic training earn about $23,000 on average. Now you young'uns may think that's not a bad deal. And I suppose it's not, if he was the only person to support. If he had a spouse and his salary was the only source of income, they would be $7,000/year above the poverty line. If they had a child, they would be $3000 over the line. If they had two, they would be $1000 under the line. For reference, the average schoolteacher in the US earns $55,000/year. Soldiers do not get paid well.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Maybe paid fairly at the very least for their services. We gotta remember their family didn't serve in the military so the salary is fair towards the actual troops if you exclude the possibility of them having a family in the future. The ones who serve get paid enough for them. And I was referring to 12,000$ as a 1 time reward for finishing training that I think they get. And yeah Psychologists get like 40,000$ a year so I see your point but the salary could definitely be enough for some people. And they get a pension after their service duty. Also not all troops get PTSD. I don't know the statistics but I assume it's in the minority. And some troops get other jobs after they serve in the military. SEAL Team Captains require College Degrees so they have the credentials to apply for jobs after serving in the military.
40,000$ a year so I see your point but the salary could definitely be enough for some people.

Can you post a source for this? Because a quick google search shows that the average salary is $87,000.

Also, yes SEALS get a one time bonus of $12,000, but that bonus has actually taken a heavy cut recently. They used to be $40k.

And they get a pension after their service duty.

You only get a retirement salary as a SEAL if you've served for 20 years or more. You know the guy who shot Bin Laden? He retired after sixteen years of service and is now living in poverty.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
The real question is;
"How come Canada always has to clean up the mess America makes, to stop a potential war?"

Like honestly, the Middle-East conflict America started, was closed by Canadian forces.
America stole all their oil, and Canada made sure all the civilians wouldn't get shot.
Although many of them did, for the most part. Canada kept the peace.
~AQOURS~
MAPLE SYRUP UNITED
But the US still has more military might for big situations.
But the US still has more military might for big situations.

That's because they get into big situations, unlike Canada.
~AQOURS~
MAPLE SYRUP UNITED