ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Is Street Fighter overrated?
Yes
2 Votes / 8.70%
No
21 Votes / 91.30%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

I've been playing streetfighter for a long time, and it never gets old, Some people just don't like fighting games, or only like the newer ones, like soulcalibur, tekken etc.

I don't really see how it is overrated, its a solid series of games, and it will always be remembered as one of the greatest fighting series's ever, dawg.

[T]
#hi

Little kids should go back to playing their button mashing games.
The depth of these balanced games must be too much for them.

No, I don't agree with you.
Originally Posted by KING9 View Post
Its Just a Clan dude respect dere name even if dere clan wa sponges doesent mean dey watch spongebob could be just german guys

(User infracted for useless, nonsensical post.)

WTF did you just say?

Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
You can take that gay ass arcade stick and shove it up yours. Just because you don't appreciate a game does not mean its automatically overrated. It is called personal preference, it just so happens that a fuckton of people love Street Fighter. They are classics, and will never go away. They are not overrated, merely rated. You rate them low and I do not. That difference of opinion does not make you justified in waving your dick around talking about how 'street fighter is overrated shit lel ol". To make an opinion in anyway justifiable it has to be based upon reason, as of now you have no reason to dislike Street Fighter, you're merely acting on impulse.

tl;dr: Don't be a cunt and think before you speak.

On a related note, thread moved to Gaming Chat.

O.K. jesus you seem a little too pissed off. he just said his opinion, sure he didnt give an explanation but thats not a reason to go off on him.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
I always found Street Fighter to be pathetically easy... most of the CPU characters are stupid enough to attack at the worst possible moments e.g. shocking as Blanka, that one eyed dude (can't remember his name) when you spam his range move.

And the combos aren't hard to learn. It just takes a little practice.

Also E. Honda is the most awesome sumo to ever grace video games.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by OrAclE View Post
I always found Street Fighter to be pathetically easy... most of the CPU characters are stupid enough to attack at the worst possible moments e.g. shocking as Blanka, that one eyed dude (can't remember his name) when you spam his range move.

Thats why its the kind of game you play with friends
Maybe the reason that some of you people keep saying that its bad is becouse you are to lazy to learn the combinations? Just look at me! Im learning the combinations on a mofo KEYBOARD!

Edit: "That one eyed dude" = Sagat.
Street Fighter is one of the best games i ever played, its not overrated...
Its better that Tekken(except Tekken 4, that i enjoyed to play), Dead or Alive and soulcalibur

Originally Posted by randomguy8 View Post
If you want overrated, look no further than

Your telling me that HALO its overrated,dude,that game is the best FPS game that i ever played, really, u dont like HALO, ur not an FPS player... and im not talking about Multiplayer, cause u wont get any other game as good as Halo in Multiplayer
Last edited by fcpavao; Jul 14, 2009 at 09:15 PM.
This sig lacks creativity.

True Story.
Never been one for fighting games but I did enjoy street fighter for a time, and do not see it as over rated within its genre (that it more or less helped define). Mortal Kombat however.....

---------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by fcpavao View Post
... and im not talking about Multiplayer, cause u wont get any other game as good as [and better than] Halo in Multiplayer

Last edited by lancer_c; Jul 14, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
Originally Posted by fcpavao View Post
Your telling me that HALO its overrated,dude,that game is the best FPS game that i ever played, really, u dont like HALO, ur not an FPS player... and im not talking about Multiplayer, cause u wont get any other game as good as Halo in Multiplayer

i never said i hate HALO, just that its overrated. Halo is a good game. it's just that people treat it like its the greatest game ever made, which it isnt. the multiplayer is definately some of the best of its kind, but in my mind the multiplayer is the only thing that puts it above other FPS. i can definately say its one of the best FPS out there but not one of the best games ever

Originally Posted by lancer_c View Post

exactly
Originally Posted by lancer_c View Post
Never been one for fighting games but I did enjoy street fighter for a time, and do not see it as over rated within its genre (that it more or less helped define). Mortal Kombat however.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

GoldenEye is the type of game N64 owners have been waiting for since they finished Mario 64. It has outstanding graphics and sound, and contains a certain depth in its gameplay that really entices you to finish it on all three difficulty levels. But i stiil prefer HALO ;)
This sig lacks creativity.

True Story.