Ranking
Original Post
Small skills and tips
G'day all in this tread i would like to compile a list of hints and tips for aikido. This will be aimed at beginners to help fix common errors.
I would like to have a master list in this post that outlines the timing and/or situation the tip is usually said ingame. This will be used in my teachings ingame.

General tips

general tips

movement components

turing into and awa from your opponent.
turning in and away are fundamental skills for setting up throws and being heavy. i use pecs. most of my throw set ups for full throws start with me turning away and setting up my base. after i remove their ground control i use chest hips and abs to turn them towards the ground. Pecs are used if they are sitting heavy. to finish i try to use them to complete my base and put my weight on them like an extra leg.

taking a step
Contracting abs when taking a step will help your knee clear the ground keep the back knee extended and ankle contracted.

stepping backwards confuses the ghosts while the leg is in the air. the place where it looks like they can take you down is covered by a replant.

Opening Stance

General

Grab Stuff

General

Grab types

Grab types

Ground control

general

ground

Loss of ground contact still vertical

Shoulders shouldn't raise in the air
when you have been lifted and your opponent has Ground control raising your shoulders will send your feet further away from the center of the ring. unless you extend both pecs and contract your wrists at the same time. let your legs dangle when you do this and they will be in a more vertical position and easier to regain ground control with. its very much a trial and error thing when it comes to what to do with the legs. sometimes its better to hold them. but very rarely would i extend them if i have lost a lift battle the turn before. better to position for your landing for next turn.

F.AQ

what opener should i use?

Answer

How do you do all the flippy stuff?

Answer

How do you control your tori?

Answer

how do you kick/punch/throw/what ever move is mentioned.

Answer

Last edited by monkeyishi; Apr 20, 2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: more stuff
I know you asked me to post some things on this is monkeyishi, but I couldn't get around to it. Maybe, I can post some things when I'm in school tomorrow then clean up the post when I get home.
please format this better
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
I could make this and format it better if you'd like me to do that. I'm not exactly in Team Aikido though because eww.
I planned to add spoilers for the sections when i had enough stuff. It seems i have enough stuff. Also suggestions on formating it better?
-----
I plan on adding a motions part soon. It will include turning to/away from uke, turning the wheel and what ever other small motions i can find that are used in multiplu moves. Extra motions would help alot for this section.
Last edited by monkeyishi; May 13, 2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
This is good content but I feel like it should be in the KB, perhaps we can move this thread there when it is complete
Yeah, I didn't get to this because I was banned today for infraction point build up. Dammit, I will have to make a rough design of it all in school tomorrow and fix it up when I get home. XD
Graphics as in images? Also, my sister took my laptop yesterday, because I forgot I agreed to let her on it. She loves her Skyrim and doesn't have her own laptop or computer, so suck man. Also making this thread neater with images couldn't be too hard. I've just been procrastinating, trying to put my thoughts into word, and all that jazz.