Ranking
Original Post
New computer assistance
for those of you know who me well, you know my computer is garbage and I'm sure there are calculators out there with more power than what my dinosaur has.

So, I'm saving up money to buy a new computer. I don't have a lot of cash, but my friend suggested this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3mLlB

I have a case (leftover from my brother's upgrading in the past) and I have hard drives that'll last me until I get enough money for REAL storage, so I was just wondering if the parts I linked were capable of running most games. I honestly couldn't care less about great graphics (been using a 90s office Dell desktop for my entire life, I'm used to lowest possible settings in all games)

Specifically the cpu (or apu, as my friend calls it) is what I'm worried about. According to him, it has pretty decent integrated graphics, so I wouldn't need to buy a pricey GPU immediately (of course I will after I get some more cash)

tl;dr: Are these parts good enough for a slightly above-average gaming PC?

PS: please speak to me like I'm an idiot, because I might as well be when it comes to computer hardware.
FIRED UP
Similar build to what I posted;
http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...89&postcount=2

IMO: upgrade the ram to 2400MHz since there's no VRAM on the chip so it uses system ram - so getting fast ram is important. But apart from that, yeah I've seen some good benchmarks and videos, I'm pretty sold on HSA and A10 in particular. I don't think you even need a discrete GPU.

Here's some videos of people gaming on A10 7850k or lower (that APU is the best one you can get at the moment)

I think your friend is legit.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
that RAM is going to drive up my price like crazy, isn't it? I'm trying to make it affordable so I can at least get a basic gaming computer running

I'm not trying to run BF4 on max settings or anything, how much of an impact would less MHz have?
FIRED UP
You can see on these benchmarks here;
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag..._2400mhz&num=2
It's approximately a 50% increase.

I think that's pretty good for $40, I'd highly recommend it. If you upgrade from 8gb 1600mhz to 2400mhz it will cost you $80 more and you will have some extra useless sticks, so I think it's better to get the higher frequency ram straight up.

If you have to work a few hours at work or make your lunch at home for a few days, I think it's definitely worth it.
Yeah, looks fine, any 2400MHz ddr3 is ok, grab whatever is cheapest for you.

Your friend might know some good ones since he seems savvy.
I just went on the site and basically just found the 2400MHz version of the ones that were in there previously (and they are cheap in comparison to other 2400MHz sticks)

Cool, so everything else is in check?
FIRED UP