Ranking
so i have to ask; what purpose is there not to contract wrists? forgoing whatever bullshit code of "honor" players seem to have, what actual disadvantage is there in contracting your wrists? shouldnt tutorials teach you how to win at aikido?
shmevin eats smegma
Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
so i have to ask; what purpose is there not to contract wrists? forgoing whatever bullshit code of "honor" players seem to have, what actual disadvantage is there in contracting your wrists? shouldnt tutorials teach you how to win at aikido?

The main aspect of bushido (playstyle in aikido) is that both players should have equal ground after opener. With the normal clap you get harder tripods, more stable grabs etc. If you want to win in aikido, bushido is the wrong way for you.

I rarely bushido, but practicing these moves can unlock ways to win in normal aikido/abd. I.e. the proper suplex pushes you down more, and uses the opponents momentum better. Only problem is that it's way harder to master, and you will find that it fucks you up often in the beginning.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]