Toribash
Originally Posted by Datsick View Post
All I have to say is if you think you have it bad and think you want to die and can't handle it THAT BAD, then just do it, because there are people all around the world who probably have 1000 more reasons than you to want to end it all and are positive people that try and make the best of things. There is no guarantee what happens after this life, and it can be hard sometimes, but being positive and getting through it all is always going to be the best option. There's not enough room on this earth for negative people like that, and I am tired of hearing about it, suicide shouldn't even be an issue.

You hear this a lot actually. You don't have it bad, there are people without food, you have a roof over your head, etc etc. Suicide is not usually superficial thing. You can be rich and be suicidal, you can also be poor and be suicidal. You can have parents and be suicidal and you can be abandoned and be suicidal. It more has to do with how much you yourself can handle as a person. When your greatest concern is getting your head together and not tearing yourself apart the world around you and it's luxuries lose almost all of their value.
Last edited by Aracoon; Oct 16, 2015 at 02:41 PM.
Everything Aracoon has said so far is pretty damn on point and it's pretty hard to add to what he's saying. I do completely agree that suicide isn't entirely based on materials, although sometimes it is. I think suicide is caused more when terrible events happen in somebody's life or when they are depressed for a long time and believe they will never be able to get over it. My take on it is that it's temporary and if you ever think you want to end it all, wait. Just hold off for a while, because a decision to end it all just because you're in the heat of the moment is a very permanent decision and one that you can't go back on. Although if you just wait then you still have all your options, you can decide some other time when your head is clear. I think getting out of that suicidal/depressed state takes a tremendous amount of mental reconstruction and can be done with the help of therapy or some other 3rd party.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
I don't at any point want to get too personal because this is an internet forum about a video game. But I have a few mental health issues to say the least so suicide is always on my mind. The difficulty with a lot of it is the lack of representation and the lack of understanding.

If I break my leg and you don't - you can empathise pretty easily and tell that I am in pain and need help because I have a broken leg. It's a visible and physical ailment... Mental illnesses unless extreme tend to be very invisible unless you know how to look for what's wrong. It's very easy to say that people have it worse than you so you have no reason to be sad but if you were to flip that argument on it's head then you'll know why it holds no water. "Why are you happy? There are people happier than you so you have no real reason to be happy."

There are many different types of depression, it can be situational or it can be chronic, sometimes you can have everything you could wish for and more and still feel hollow. Do you think famous and adored celebrities would be depressed if it was as simple as just being happy? Take Robin Williams - household name, adored by everyone and able to make generations of people laugh. Still took his own life due to depression.

People have their own victories in life, for some it can be running a marathon and for others it can be as simple as getting out of bed in the morning.

When you say "You don't deserve to be sad because people have it worse than you" you may think you're helping and grounding the person but by god you are making it so much worse. You've taken a person at rockbottom and told them they don't deserve how they feel and their feelings don't mean anything. It's not nice feeling worthless.

If you're suicidal please get the help that you deserve, see your doctor.

http://www.suicide.org/index.html
http://www.suicide.org/international...-hotlines.html
http://www.suicide.org/how-to-help-a...al-person.html

You may think you're alone, but you're not. I can guarantee there are people who know what you're feeling and want to help you. If you need someone to talk to feel free to private message me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
All I have to say is if you think you have it bad and think you want to die and can't handle it THAT BAD, then just do it, because there are people all around the world who probably have 1000 more reasons than you to want to end it all and are positive people that try and make the best of things. There is no guarantee what happens after this life, and it can be hard sometimes, but being positive and getting through it all is always going to be the best option. There's not enough room on this earth for negative people like that, and I am tired of hearing about it, suicide shouldn't even be an issue.

This is truly a horrible thing to say. Saying you shouldn't feel sad because someone has it worse, is like saying you shouldn't be happy because someone has it better.

Even when you are raised in a setting where you are used to having access to these luxuries, you can still feel more depressed than starving people in Africa.
I do not believe that the conscious awareness can die or experience death.

The body which the conscious awareness expresses itself may die. that is obvious, but as for the conscious awareness? I'm not convinced "death" even exists.

Whatever someone wants to do with their body is none of my business, but if they really want to die, i'd rather they fight me in a death match than put a gun to their own head.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
Originally Posted by JokeHusky View Post
-snip-

Being fuckin' edgy has nothing to do with it. It's a thread about suicide, people who have dealt with it are more likely to post in here.

Sort your lack of empathy out, thanks.
-----
All I have to say is if you think you have it bad and think you want to die and can't handle it THAT BAD, then just do it, because there are people all around the world who probably have 1000 more reasons than you to want to end it all and are positive people that try and make the best of things.

Holy shit.

There is no guarantee what happens after this life, and it can be hard sometimes, but being positive and getting through it all is always going to be the best option.

HOLY SHIT.

There's not enough room on this earth for negative people like that, and I am tired of hearing about it, suicide shouldn't even be an issue.

HOLY SHIT.

Datsick, the incredible lack of empathy displayed here leads me to believe you might be a sociopath. Have you seen a therapist?

You're also showing an incredible lack of understanding of how suicidal thoughts fucking work. You say 'be positive and get through it all!' When a person is actively thinking about ending their own life I'm not sure that 'being positive' is the first thing on their minds. Fuck dude, please read about how depression works before you come in here and claim people with an illness should just fuckin' bootstrap it away.
Last edited by Ele; Oct 17, 2015 at 04:37 AM.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
Depression is a deep dark world, no matter how big or small your problem is, You want to die. I know there are people who have it way worse, but when you are in that state of mind where all you can think about is slitting your wrists and wanting to bleed out fucking sucks. You forget about the world. You forget about everyone else, not because you want to, but because your brain blocks everything out. I have clinical depression, I've had chemical imbalances since I was a child. I have tried to commit suicide many times. I've went to a mental hospital twice. I've tried therapy and it just doesn't work. Medicine only delays what is going on. People can't help depression. Some of the most successful people in the world are depressed. People just Can Not help it. It's like a disease. Why not say to people who have cancer, why can't you just not have cancer? That's exactly like saying, why can't you be happy? When I was in the hospital I felt better, not because the nurses or doctors were trying to help, it was because I got to talk and be with people who thought like me, who were like me... I had friends who understood. Anyone who has depression, the one thing that they want is to have people who understand. And plus now, I have a girlfriend who is there for me. And one of the main reasons I haven't been suicidal for some time now. Suicide isn't stupid, the thing that is stupid is people who drive someone to be suicidal, or the place, time, anything that pushes someone to the brink of killing themselves is stupid.
Last edited by Tristan; Oct 16, 2015 at 11:44 PM.
I'll miss you
I know an 11 year old who wants to commit suicide because he was bullied & said he wanted to kill a bunch of people & then himself, so the police were called & they rushed him to a nuthouse.

He's currently in there again, spending the whole weekend crying. I wish I could tell him to think about people who are doing worse than him.

Don't even consider suicide, your life might suck, but it'll suck more in H̴̗͍̙͚E̲̩͝L̯̝̘̙L̰͓͎̦͘.̢̫͚̻̖̥
woah
Originally Posted by Reshiss View Post
I know an 11 year old who wants to commit suicide because he was bullied & said he wanted to kill a bunch of people & then himself, so the police were called & they rushed him to a nuthouse.

He's currently in there again, spending the whole weekend crying. I wish I could tell him to think about people who are doing worse than him.

Don't even consider suicide, your life might suck, but it'll suck more in H̴̗͍̙͚E̲̩͝L̯̝̘̙L̰͓͎̦͘.̢̫͚̻̖̥

Woaaah dude.
Okay, first off. The kid is 11, if he is already talking about shooting himself and other people then he has very severe mental issues. Sounds like this poimt is proven by the fact that he is in a psychiatric hospital. Do you realize how scared he must be? How hopeless he must feel knowing he is that insane? That's not cool at all man. That kid probably feels like complete shit right now and you do not even understand how bad that kind of low feels.
Right, well I think this is a good place to end this. There were some wise things said, there were some dumb things said. There were also some horrible things said (shame on you). This thread can only go downwards, so salvage what you can from what's already been said.