Toribash
Original Post
Computer build
Basically building a new home computer for myself from a scratch.

Don't need a sound card since im using a separate interface.

What are some good components I should check out if my overall budget would be around 700e. Has to have decent CPU to run DAWs etc with high plugin counts.

Also if you have any ready builds in mind already, that'd be cool.
Mongius are about to arrive here any sec

I saw this thread earlier but avoided it because he gives me zero informations. I don't know what "700e" are, probably euro, but I won't invest time on things that I have to suck out of my fingertips. I don't know what his current build is, I don't know where he lives and I don't know what he wants to do with it except for "plugging in much things". So all I'm gonna do here is saying

READ THE STICKY

Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Originally Posted by Mongius View Post
I saw this thread earlier but avoided it because he gives me zero informations. I don't know what "700e" are, probably euro, but I won't invest time on things that I have to suck out of my fingertips. I don't know what his current build is, I don't know where he lives and I don't know what he wants to do with it except for "plugging in much things". So all I'm gonna do here is saying

READ THE STICKY

Well, 700 euros, obviously.
Building a comp from sctratch since my old rig is very outdated, which is what I said in the first post.

Also, if you and weren't such a douche about the post, you'd see that I specified that I want to run my DAWS (Digital audio workstations) with plugins (usually vsti)
Not "pluggin many things"......

Of course being on a gaming forum, games as well. I play with FPS configs always anyways, so not too focused on graphics cards.

So I did specify what my main goal of the build is
Could've been more specific tho, I understand.

BUT HEY, since I've already done some searching and looking around so, opinions on this rig?

have changed the i3 to a i5-4460
Last edited by cowmeat; Dec 1, 2015 at 08:11 PM.
The 650W PSU is overkill for what you will be using. I'd recommend a 400W, unless you plan on upgrading in the near future (1-2 years). Also, if you can, try to get an i5, since overall they are much better for gaming than i3s.

Can't really comment on the case, but it seems pricey for what it contains. I'd recommend a Phanteks case personally, but again, that's my own preference. Finally, just get the cheapest RAM that you can find. RAM is RAM.

Everything else looks pretty good I suppose.
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
The 650W PSU is overkill for what you will be using. I'd recommend a 400W, unless you plan on upgrading in the near future (1-2 years). Also, if you can, try to get an i5, since overall they are much better for gaming than i3s.

Can't really comment on the case, but it seems pricey for what it contains. I'd recommend a Phanteks case personally, but again, that's my own preference. Finally, just get the cheapest RAM that you can find. RAM is RAM.

Everything else looks pretty good I suppose.

Thanks for comment, yeah, well about the i5. Its more a question of "will I really need it" its the 50e on top of that, not much, but still, might even go for it.

Ill be upgrading this rig at times I feel, also a good power supply can help with audio issues. Definitely don't want to fuck my rig up with a shitty power supply. So if there are no problems with having a slightly overkill power supply, I'd like to keep that.

also this case?

Includes 1 fan in the front and one in the back
http://www.jimms.fi/en/Product/Show/...la-musta-kulta
Last edited by cowmeat; Dec 1, 2015 at 07:58 PM.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Thanks for comment, yeah, well about the i5. Its more a question of "will I really need it" its the 50e on top of that, not much, but still, might even go for it.

Ill be upgrading this rig at times I feel, also a good power supply can help with audio issues. Definitely don't want to fuck my rig up with a shitty power supply. So if there are no problems with having a slightly overkill power supply, I'd like to keep that.

also this case?

Includes 1 fan in the front and one in the back
http://www.jimms.fi/en/Product/Show/...la-musta-kulta

I highly recommend getting an i5, since it will really improve performance that much. As for the power supply, I'm unsure what you mean by audio issues? And you can get a very good power supply with less wattage, just like you can get a shitty power supply with more wattage. If you really like having that safety net, then by all means go for it.

As for the case, I have just never seen it before. The quality looks a bit strange, and it seems overpriced for what you are getting, that's why I recommended the Phanteks series, since I'd say they have the best build quality of any case on the market at the moment.
Wouldn't recommend intel core i3, get at least i5, the difference in performance is huge. Other than that, it looks pretty good, just don't forget to add CPU cooler if you want your CPU to last longer than 10 seconds
-----
If you have additional money in your budget I'd recommend Intel Core I5-6600K, I personally use it and its even as powerful as most of i7s out there.
Last edited by Smaguris; Dec 2, 2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Wouldn't recommend intel core i3, get at least i5, the difference in performance is huge. Other than that, it looks pretty good, just don't forget to add CPU cooler if you want your CPU to last longer than 10 seconds
-----
If you have additional money in your budget I'd recommend Intel Core I5-6600K, I personally use it and its even as powerful as most of i7s out there.

A 6600k is probably far more powerful than he needs, but yeah, it is definitely a beast! Although, depending on prices, if the 4690k is a lot cheaper, just buy that, since there is no huge difference.

Also yeah, I was thinking you already owned a CPU cooler, but we should double check you have one haha, so your CPU doesn't overheat right away ; )

Im quite sure this will be my final build.

"just don't forget to add CPU cooler if you want your CPU to last longer than 10 seconds "

The boxed version comes with factory cooler
"just don't forget to add CPU cooler if you want your CPU to last longer than 10 seconds "

The boxed version comes with factory cooler

It comes with a shitty spinning piece of plastik that does anything but spin. If you want to have the sound of your own wind power plant then go for it, otherwise invest 15€ into something that can cool quieter than hongkong on rush hour
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat