Toribash
Original Post
Gamemasters are recruiting!

The GameMasters are back again, we are once more looking for a wave of trial GMs to step up and become the smiling face of the Toribash staff

What do GameMasters do?

The primary function of the GameMaster team is to keep the Toribash community entertained. This is done in a variety of ways, most commonly we host in game events such as GMTourneys, GMVictories and GMHotseats. We also regularly host larger scale forum events, for example The Haunted Gauntlet to keep Toribash fresh and exciting.

What does it take to be a GM?

The most important qualities in a GM, which we will be looking for, are enthusiasm, creativity and activity. We are constantly in need of new types of events and competitions to keep the game dynamic and exciting rather than monotonous. The most creative people, the ones who can consistently provide interesting things to present to the community are the ones we want to have on the team. At the same time a level of maturity and reliability is needed, as GMs do have power, we need to be able to trust the people we recruit.

Why be a GameMaster?

Being a GM is one of the most effective ways of benefiting the community, all of us want to see the Toribash community grow and you can play a part in that process simply by doing your job. In hand with this, it is one of the most fun ways you can help the community and as a GM you can have a great sense of satisfaction seeing your performance having a direct influence on how much other players enjoy the game.
There is also a nifty reward system for GMs who are doing well

How do I apply?

Simple! Send a free form application to Erth.
Include your GMT and any languages you are fluent in.
You may also want to use Dargon's tutorial for applying to a staff position.

You have 2 weeks from the date this is posted to send in your applications, then discussion will take an indefinite period of time after that. We don't have a limit on the amount of gamemasters we're looking for either!

Don't post "I applied" or "Good luck guys!" in this thread. Also esports. We don't want any esports you're selling. Feel free to ask us any questions if you need more information. Good luck chaps!

ppssssssssssttttttttt, we're also always looking for more artists and mod makers to help out! They get access to the reward too!
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
When did u get full gm bae :L congrats. Also does it matter if we applied recently(a couple months ago) and should I wait, or just apply now since you're looking to recruit.

I don't believe it would matter, and I got it today thanks (:
RelaxAll's Posterboy
RK-MMA
Odlov is my daddy and I love battledome.tbm
Originally Posted by Daeldir View Post
I don't believe it would matter, and I got it today thanks (:

Dael can you answer my pm you slacker, also thanks for answering my non pm question.
Last edited by Grim; Nov 3, 2015 at 06:24 AM.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
Originally Posted by PACKET View Post
Why are the GMs that are recruited all of the same breed?

Every single GM only cares for making tourneys that entertain newbies... can we please get a GM to represent "esport" or competitive play in general?

no
Originally Posted by Erth View Post
Don't post "I applied" or "Good luck guys!" in this thread. Also esports. We don't want any esports you're selling. Feel free to ask us any questions if you need more information. Good luck chaps!

The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by Daeldir View Post
Hihi, before I actually fall asleep I'll just say I applied with almost no hosting experience. You don't really need experience you'll gain it.

To expand on that, when I applied the first time I had literally no hosting experience at all, we train you from the ground up.

Originally Posted by SkypePro View Post
Age requirements, or is that not relevant?

Not really, so long as you're mature and you can do the job well it's all good
* MMDES222 ([email protected]) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me
Got a several questions;

Is there a set amount of events you have to host per month?

Is there a limit to how many prizes you can give out in one day?

Do GM's have their own board to discuss things?

Is irc activity important?
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by MrJingles View Post
Got a several questions;

Is there a set amount of events you have to host per month?

Is there a limit to how many prizes you can give out in one day?

Do GM's have their own board to discuss things?

Is irc activity important?

Yes (done by a week by week amount though)
No (directly relates to how many events you host)
Yes
Yes
Originally Posted by PACKET View Post
Why are the GMs that are recruited all of the same breed?

Every single GM only cares for making tourneys that entertain newbies... can we please get a GM to represent "esport" or competitive play in general?

we tried crossbreeding with esport once, experiments failed due to lack of healthy esport sample.
does age and infractions you got matter ?
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .