Ranking
Original Post
TB Market Crash
So I think it would be interesting to discuss how toribash's market in now almost completely crashed.

If you look in the market section there is hardly anybody buying something now only people looking to buy tc or something like that yet there is nobody selling. So this was the by far most destructive april fools prank because of the fact that nobody really is buying or selling anything. If I click on a random profile it pretty likely that they won't have any tc at all.

Alrighty comment your opinions and what you think of this.
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
Theres not much content to discuss here, as is this thread is more suited to off-topic than discussion so I have moved it there
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
imo it was a good and a bad idea, you have a chance of doubling your money OR lose it all. It's a good way to sink tc.. A bit too good.

Apathetic User
I honestly think the sink was perfectly fine.
This may do a few things to prices however.

1. It may lower the USD/TC rate you'd get from buying TC from other users, however it may not be affected if certain sellers decided not to go full retard and lose all their TC.

2. This may actually lower the price of items for a little bit as people will try to quick sell their items in order to get TC back. This may lead into people with loads of items stocked, or just a few extra items into selling their items to people for a lower price than normal, and possibly giving the buyer some profit in the long run.

Either way, the TC sink was a win-win situation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Now I'm coming in here knowing nothing about how the tc rates fluctuate, but is a sink of ~6 mil in an economy of about ~800 mil really that significant? Is this really going to have some massive effect?
h
Originally Posted by Gargon View Post
Now I'm coming in here knowing nothing about how the tc rates fluctuate, but is a sink of ~6 mil in an economy of about ~800 mil really that significant? Is this really going to have some massive effect?

It shouldn't effect that much apart from the few people wanting to sell their items to get TC if they have extra items to sell. It may or may not cause people to buy TC as well if they lost it and they want more.

But yea, there's tons of TC that is in the economy but you've also got to factor in how much of that is not even being touched. The game is pretty dead, mostly forums so I mean I doubt it'd affect anything drastically but who knows.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Am i being retarded but shouldn't there be no sink at all considering it is 50/50 chance to win or lose? There should be just as much TC doubled as sunk right.... or am i not thnking here
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
Am i being retarded but shouldn't there be no sink at all considering it is 50/50 chance to win or lose? There should be just as much TC doubled as sunk right.... or am i not thnking here

50/50 chance doesn't mean you will win one time and lose the next one. You could lose many times in a row thus sinking a lot of tc. You could, on the contrary, win a whole lot and go from like 50k tc to 1 mil
h

Flip a coin 100,000 times and it'll be somewhat close to the expected result of 50% head, 50% tail.
However, there will be a noticeable percentage gap in what the expected result would be. It could be 1% to 10% or whatever. However, the more you keep flipping the coin the closer you will in theory, get to reaching the 50/50 odds.

Flip a coin 10 times, and you may have an even bigger gap in the 50/50 odds.
You might hit heads 6,7 times in a row and then hit tails 2 times in a row, and then hit heads again. It's pretty "random".

However, I believe that with a coin it'd be possible to actually get the coin to land on a certain side no matter what under certain circumstances due to "physics". If you held the coin at the exact height, placed in the same spot to not give it different momentum when being flipped, and giving it a perfectly even surface to bounce off of, no changing wind/air, and placed on the same side of the coin each time you should in theory get the same result.

But \o/ I'm no scientist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Ex-MSquad]

there's a 50/50 chance to win or lose, but once you lose you can't play anymore. Players who win will often keep gambling until they lose everything.
Last edited by NotShadow; Apr 3, 2017 at 03:36 AM.