Toribash
I like hip-hop, but I think I have strange opinions about it.

For me, the lyrics aren't really important. What really matters to me in a rap song is the production and the vocal delivery. In terms of lyrics, they only really stick out to me when they're particularly bad, or there's some clever wordplay in there. I'm not too into the super-underground guys who just spit abstract hard-to-follow shit. I don't mind the lyrics when their delivery is on point though.

So in terms of production, I'm really into El-P and old Bomb Squad stuff.

My favorite artists I would say are Danny Brown, Public Enemy, Kanye West, Clipping, Death Grips, and Cannibal Ox.
Last edited by Larfen; Sep 6, 2014 at 03:11 AM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Jarren Benton would be good if he didn't rap about random crap. Then again, most rappers nowadays do the same.
ugly
I don't really like rap but theres some ok stuff

I like a couple immortal technique songs and stuff
Like larfen said I also like those lovely, lovely clevahniggah men.

Mainstream some o it's alright but most of the time I just dont feel the beat.

I like Wu tang, Bone Thugs, Mobb Deep, Sunz of Man, Brothers 4 The Struggle, Killarmy, GZA, Dre Dog, Cypress Hill and Shabazz The Disciple.
Last edited by T0ribush; Sep 7, 2014 at 03:25 AM.
Some rap works for me.

For example, when rap is used in songs by Gorillaz, then it works. Beastie Boys also works because of their guitar playing, which mixes in with the rap and creates a good sound.

However, I find the rap solo-artists insufferable to listen to, whether they're singing about love, sex or money. It's just not good music in my opinion, and it only occasionally works for me.
Originally Posted by ItsZombie View Post
rap is annoying because of the blatant inappropriateness.
the beats are cool but the words are ignorant most of the time.
rap is good when there is a true meaning behind what is being said.

lyrical skill =/= talent, see mf doom

Originally Posted by Laser View Post
I, for one, do not like rap.

Why? Well, all the "mainstream" rappers have bad lyrics that make no sense. They are literally just talking nonsensical words into a mic, most of which are offensive. To me, that's not music. This isn't the case for all rappers though. I agree, certain rap music is actually quite good, most of which are barely popular, or published a decade ago.

Just my opinion, we all have our own taste.

what's the deal with people who know nothing about music talking about music?

Nate Dogg, Danny Brown, Bones, Dälek, A$ap Rocky, B L A C K I E and lil b are my favorite rappers/groups

i listened to all of 05 Fuck Em in one sitting and im very proud of it

people who hate rap: what kind of music do you listen to? why do you only listen to 1-2 genres? i'd bet 99% of these people are "metalhead" manchildren
Last edited by keggy; Sep 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM.
im here to ruin your fun
rap is annoying because of the blatant inappropriateness.
the beats are cool but the words are ignorant most of the time.
rap is good when there is a true meaning behind what is being said.
blah
Originally Posted by keggy View Post
people who hate rap: what kind of music do you listen to? why do you only listen to 1-2 genres? i'd bet 99% of these people are "metalhead" manchildren

What's wrong with listening to only one or two genres?

Also, lyrical talent doesn't seem to be something rappers are bothered of emulating. Now, this won't necessarily affect too many people, in terms of taste, but for me it's an important factor in music, and it's most likely the reason why I tend not to associate myself with the genre.

Some genres like Math and Post rock don't have any lyrics at all, which I love to listen to when I feel like relaxing.
im not a big fan
ive never been a lyrics person so that should explain it. i look for something interesting sounding to enjoy in most rap songs but its mostly focused on the rapper and a mans voice wont entertain me for the whole song. plus the beat is nothing special

Originally Posted by keggy View Post

lol
oh yeah