Toribash
Original Post
Has playstyle and techniques evolved much in few years?
Thinking of returning for championship 2011. Worth the time or are new players and techniques much better now? Maybe some remember me from old times and world championships. Tk, wushu, aikido still main styles?

Also does hampa still play? Or ishi, imsku, nuthug or any torigods?
Clan: DAT
Experience: Since 1.6 or before.
-You'll be fine. Play style and Techniques have changed but I wouldn't say they evolved.
-Tk, wushu & aikido are still the main styles
-I've seen hampa once or twice probably testing something. Sadly many others have left
*I'm not as old as you so I speak from 2009 on

boricua

This isn't a discussion topic, moved to off topic. Please take a little time to read the discussion guidelines and have a great day!
Not giving a fuck about hurricanes is pretty badass - Fee

#ItemRights!
Originally Posted by Mookiefish View Post
This isn't a discussion topic, moved to off topic. Please take a little time to read the discussion guidelines and have a great day!

sry, these new forums confuse me. You used to be able to discuss Toribash in tori discuss forums not discuss about god, religion, school and other crap not related to toribash. Will turn to offtopic next time for toribash, ty.
Clan: DAT
Experience: Since 1.6 or before.
The shovel rate has declined by quite alot, you almost never see them now.

And the better players have changed, they are now leyz, biaker, tripstone etc.
Last edited by Hippybob; Jul 20, 2011 at 02:40 AM.
I R IRONMAN
The shovel now has a name, but that's about it. The few old people who play put up a fight, but it's the same as 3 years ago.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Imsku still seems to play quite rarely, and Nuthug is still playing single player as far as I know.

Also, the ''techniques'' are somewhat better than back at 08 (lower shovel rate, more defensive players in tk).

TK, aikido and wushu are still the most common mods as stated above.
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
I would say that playstyle evolved. Now all people care is how realistic things are and if replays have certain qualitiesto make them good. Which does pretty much irritate me.

Also yes I still remember you from a stock replay back in 3.0 (At least i'm pretty sure it was you.)
Toribash today in my opinion pretty much sucks since people care about realistic stuff in game.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020
It hasn't changed very dramatically. A lot of newer players compared to back in the day.

From above, people concentrate on making things look good rather then making them work. Not always true, but definitely in many cases.

A lot of the older players don't play much, and a good amount of the players from 2010 aren't playing because they found the forums and, well, you know what happens after that.

I think that compared to the older moves, a lot of players aren't prepared for them. For example if you use some oldschool move in wushu, unless your playing someone whos actually good at wushu they don't know how to counter it. This more or less carries over to other mods. But there is a handful of people who are quite good that you see around a lot. You'll find them soon enough.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!