Ranking
Are there any plans to continue some of War_hero's work as a dev (namely removing the joint limit and increasing the limit of objects) on the next couple of Toribash releases?
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by swetaros View Post
Where can I find pics of Tonakai IRL?
And I wonder if there is a thread like "pics of staff".

Staff are first users and then staff. They will use the same show yourself thread if they want to show themselves. :/

Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Are there any plans to continue some of War_hero's work as a dev (namely removing the joint limit and increasing the limit of objects) on the next couple of Toribash releases?

For increasing limit of objects, I don't think it will be happening because of the said reasons in this thread:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...15#post5182415
Have no idea about joint limit, sorry.
Last edited by Hero; Feb 7, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
I would have eventually gotten it working

What reasons? If what I quoted is true then the only reason would be he's work not being continued, and that's exactly what I asked.
I already knew about what happened when War_hero was working on it, what I asked was if he's work would be continued soon.

And about the joint limit, he already even pointed out what needed to be changed a couple of months ago, so the question stands for someone who is in position to answer it.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Not sure what you mean by joint limit, but the staff have their eyes set on a few developments, I'm currently one of the most active dev's on the games code, along with hampa. I of course can't tell you what I AM doing, but if you have ideas feel free to PM me, and I'll discuss them with hampa. Our first priority at the moment however is to get 4.0 through the doors, with some of the cool new features we have planned, so said cool new features take precedence over other things right now.

As for increasing object limit we don't want to total everyone's computers, but given that everything goes well on optimising the physics engine adding more objects is as simple as changing:
#define ENVOBJECT_LIMIT 16
to
#define ENVOBJECT_LIMIT some_other_number

[EDIT]
[14:02] <drbatman> Vox: what oblivion means is that umm.... when you play tb there's max amount of joint movements the game allows
[14:09] <drbatman> go over it and the replay will just be nothing
[14:18] <Vox> oh right
[14:25] <Vox> maximum number of edits to joints
[14:26] <Vox> thanks

Yea, we are working on that already actually.
Last edited by Vox; Feb 7, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
Originally Posted by Zazo View Post
Why were so many off-topic threads closed without reason?

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
because they were all shit and didnt follow the offtopic guidelines.
offtopic is for offtopic discussion, not a place to dump shit topics.

Yeah that was me. There isn't much room for discussion when you simply post what your favorite this or that is.

Originally Posted by swetaros View Post
Where can I find pics of Tonakai IRL?
And I wonder if there is a thread like "pics of staff".

Send him a love letter.
So, you're saying those threads are better suited for Rapid Threads board? Or theres no place on the forum for 'em?
~Tyzo
#TwinSwag
They took off the thread were the actual stupid posts were posted.

Note* If this thread of have stayed there wouldn't be much useless posting in the other threads.
Toribash doesn't seem like a cutting-edge game.
Why is it so demanding in resources.

Why can't it handle much more stuff?

Curious Quesiton: is it because of your coding? or the engine?
Rainbowdash
Call me lLlLlLlLl because I spit straight bars when i rap or call me $tr8B@rz
Originally Posted by Zazo View Post
So, you're saying those threads are better suited for Rapid Threads board? Or theres no place on the forum for 'em?

No we're saying the thread's were shit & have no place anywhere. Offtopic's slowly becoming a slum due to low quality threads & posts, so we're going to fix it before you all turn it into a complete shithole.

Originally Posted by accer007 View Post
They took off the thread were the actual stupid posts were posted.

Note* If this thread of have stayed there wouldn't be much useless posting in the other threads.

^ Thus person talks sense.

Originally Posted by EmpireSlay View Post
Toribash doesn't seem like a cutting-edge game.
Why is it so demanding in resources.

Why can't it handle much more stuff?

Curious Quesiton: is it because of your coding? or the engine?

It's because of the amount of physics & the engine for it. Everything in TB (excluding the UI) has physics calculations, thus machines with slow processors struggle with it.

Obviously changing the engine completely can't be done due to the large amount of users with machines that can't cope with the graphical side of it (thus are using old clients + patches), well not unless hampa decides he wants rid of half the players.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Will be there some super-duper-big-and-awesome events like "ponies vs. Llamas"?
meow