Ranking
Original Post
+login-error: couldn't connect to server
Hey there,

I would like to play MP , but although my acc is registered I can't login. When I hit the login button, "error: couldn't connect to server." is displayed.

There is no active firewall. Even the search function in this forums didn't show any solution. I have the newest version of TB installed. SP works fine.

Has someone an idea what I could do?
What operating system are you using?

Also could you post your stderr.txt in here (its located in your toribash directory).

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

I got Windows XP, that shouldn't make any problems?

stderr.txt :

Fluid blood supported (level 4 of 4)
Ambient Occlusion + Bumpmapping supported (level 12 of 12)
Buffer 0 is dimensions 240 135
Buffer 1 is dimensions 2048 2048
Unable to retrieve login information
Unable to retrieve login information
Unable to log in. Curl error: 7 couldn't connect to server
Unable to log in. Curl error: 7 couldn't connect to server

I don't know what to do about this. I registered at this site and typed in my correct name and pw. Do I have to do some confirmation via email? Didn't get one.
Try to delete the tb_login.dat file in your Toribash Folder, then open Toribash, type your login and password.
Gone
I didn't find a tb_login.dat is it supposed to be in any subfolder or hidden?

what I found is an interesting information in tb_run.log:

24-09-2009 19:22:06 curl error 7 'https://content.toribash.com/cp/ver_updates.php?1253812925' 'ver_updates.txt'
24-09-2009 19:22:06 Unable to download version update from content.toribash.com

Maybe this can help you solving my problem? Thank you very much for the effort so far.
Try going to setup/login and typing in your login information again.

If it wont work then get an older version, log in with it and copy the tb_login.dat from the old folder to the 3.8 folder.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

finally it's solved!

there was some version of zonealarm on my pc which was installed like years ago by my bro and never quite removed. since I got that machine back from him and he didn't tell me about this, it kinda ruined my connection.
Thanks anyway for your help!